What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
26-03-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(26-03-2013 07:10 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 04:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People really do believe in astral projections and cosmic connections. Is there no end to the batshit crazy of the world?
My ex was into that shit. She genuinely believed that her dad was capable of going into a trance and observing her from afar. They both claimed that her grandmother could do it too, and that the two of them (she and my ex's dad) used to go on "astral trips" together. Then there were a bunch of confirmation biases which stemed from her dad calling her at just the right time to tell her not to do whatever it was she had been secretly planning to do; or some other minute and coincidental thing like that.

We like to joke about creationists "watching the Flintstones like it's a documentary". Well, these nutters watch The Shining like it's a damn documentary. Rolleyes

There's this guy we know, he was involved with a woman online, who believed that shit. She asked him once if he could feel rheir "connection". He said sure. Why not. He never took any of it seriously thought the idea was fun. Well, she totally believed it and now since she's spent hours 'recapping' her energy or memories or whatever...she claims he astrally beat her and made her hate her husband (he didn't know she was married)! Now that he's out of her life she's happier and loves her husband again! Lmao. Nutter is right!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-03-2013, 08:01 PM
(26-03-2013 07:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Glad you asked Mis, I wasn't going there.
[Image: StarTrekFacePalm.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
26-03-2013, 08:42 PM
In fairness, the only time I've encountered liquid latex is...well...

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2013, 08:47 PM
(26-03-2013 07:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 07:10 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  My ex was into that shit. She genuinely believed that her dad was capable of going into a trance and observing her from afar. They both claimed that her grandmother could do it too, and that the two of them (she and my ex's dad) used to go on "astral trips" together. Then there were a bunch of confirmation biases which stemed from her dad calling her at just the right time to tell her not to do whatever it was she had been secretly planning to do; or some other minute and coincidental thing like that.

We like to joke about creationists "watching the Flintstones like it's a documentary". Well, these nutters watch The Shining like it's a damn documentary. Rolleyes
...she claims he astrally beat her and made her hate her husband

At first I was like:
[Image: tumblr_inline_mfih656K1O1qd04lx.gif]
But then I was like:
[Image: YesMinisterReaction61.gif]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
26-03-2013, 09:35 PM
(26-03-2013 08:42 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  In fairness, the only time I've encountered liquid latex is...well...

oh come on now, you can't give a build up like that and not deliver!

on second thought, I don't wanna know.....disregard transmission...Confused

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
26-03-2013, 10:22 PM
(26-03-2013 08:47 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 07:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...she claims he astrally beat her and made her hate her husband

At first I was like:
[Image: tumblr_inline_mfih656K1O1qd04lx.gif]
But then I was like:
[Image: YesMinisterReaction61.gif]

That was my reaction.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Today I "learned" that Darwin had stolen Wallace's theory of evolution, and thus "was a cheat". My biology teacher (whom I had previously mentioned) told my class this during the final lesson today.

I checked up on this and it would seem that my teacher might just be wrong on this on.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-03-2013, 06:54 AM
(26-03-2013 11:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today I "learned" that Darwin had stolen Wallace's theory of evolution, and thus "was a cheat". My biology teacher (whom I had previously mentioned) told my class this during the final lesson today.

I checked up on this and it would seem that my teacher might just be wrong on this on.

Your teacher is quite wrong, to the point of slander.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-03-2013, 03:05 PM
I learned the closest living relative of primates is the tree shrew.

[Image: 21.jpg]

This is a picture of Purgatorius, considered to be the earliest primate. Notice any similarities?

[Image: Purgatorius_BW.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
28-03-2013, 03:23 PM
(28-03-2013 03:05 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I learned the closest living relative of primates is the tree shrew.

[Image: 21.jpg]

This is a picture of Purgatorius, considered to be the earliest primate. Notice any similarities?

[Image: Purgatorius_BW.jpg]
How about them and this chap? (I still remember how excited I was when I read it for the first time).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21350900

[Image: _65730922_oleary1hr.jpg]

Looks like we are rats, after all Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."