What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
07-04-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(07-04-2013 10:37 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 10:35 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Today I've learned that you presume too much and don't know English as well as I thought you did. Evil_monster

I wasn't the one who did the translation.

And just so you know, that so wasn't funny.

Not that I'm surprised. We're done here. Or at least I am.

Sawee Hug

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 12:11 PM
(07-04-2013 10:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I also learned that I can't use chop-sticks to save myself.

God invented forks for a reason asian people!! Angry

Chopsticks stab a lot further into the human body than forks do. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
07-04-2013, 07:50 PM
(07-04-2013 12:11 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 10:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I also learned that I can't use chop-sticks to save myself.

God invented forks for a reason asian people!! Angry

Chopsticks stab a lot further into the human body than forks do. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

No they don't, they're a smooth stick so when you thrust it into someone it just slides back in your hand.
Forks on the other hand have a nice gripable handle that you can thrust again and again and again etc.. very quickly.
So while you may eventually get a puncture wound with a chopstick after beating the end with a thick heavy book, you could have stabbed the guy with a form several dozen times.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-04-2013, 08:08 PM
(07-04-2013 07:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 12:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Chopsticks stab a lot further into the human body than forks do. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

No they don't, they're a smooth stick so when you thrust it into someone it just slides back in your hand.
Forks on the other hand have a nice gripable handle that you can thrust again and again and again etc.. very quickly.
So while you may eventually get a puncture wound with a chopstick after beating the end with a thick heavy book, you could have stabbed the guy with a form several dozen times.

The voice of experience? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Actually learned this weekend that kiwi jam is a wonderful topping for vanilla ice cream...in fact, I may have learned it too well. Yummy stuff!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-04-2013, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 09:19 PM by ghostexorcist.)
During the the warm Cretaceous period (145-66 MYA), trees were primarily tropical in nature. However, after the extinction of the dinosaurs, the earth cooled during the Paleocene (65-58 MYA), giving rise to large fruit-bearing trees. This was also the time that the ancestor of the first primates developed. Some anthropologists have suggested all of our traits evolved for life in this environment. Our ancient ancestors used claws to climb trees like squirrels, but they became useless when we started jumping from tree to tree and climbing to the tips of thin terminal branches to eat fruit. Therefore, we developed grasping hands and feet so we could "grip" branches. Our large eyes developed to gather light in the nocturnal environment so we could better see our prey. As we shifted more and more to being active during the day, we started relying more on our eyes than our noses. This caused a reduction in our snouts. This in turn caused our eyes to face towards the front, giving us stereoscopic vision. This greatly helped in judging distances between trees.

There were actually more ape species than monkey species at one time. However, after the sub continent of India slammed into Asia and created the Himalayas during the Miocene (25-5 MYA), the earth drastically cooled, killing off the rich forest environment that apes need to survive. Monkeys are more ecologically flexible, so they survived to become the most prolific type of primate.
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
08-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Today I learned that Token from South Park, is named like that because he is "the token black kid".

I never once realized and I feel like such an idiot.
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post
08-04-2013, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 10:16 AM by Vera.)
That while "female African elephants are able to give birth from about 10-12 years, males did not reach sexual maturity until the age of 25-30 years."

And I thought human males took forever (if at all) to grow up Dodgy

I also learnt (or I might have forgotten and was just reminded) what musth is.

(Frankly, I never much liked elephants [Image: icon_shh.gif])

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
08-04-2013, 10:19 AM
(07-04-2013 07:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So while you may eventually get a puncture wound with a chopstick after beating the end with a thick heavy book, you could have stabbed the guy with a form several dozen times.

If not literally then certainly metaphorically. I've felt stabbed by my 1040 on more than one occasion.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
08-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Obligate Mutualism is where one species depends on another to the extent that it might not be able to survive without it; such is the relationship between coral and algae, HoC and Gwyneth etc.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post