What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
10-04-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
There is one hair on my knuckle that is 0.5 times larger than all the others.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Nothing.

[Image: b31.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
10-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I learned today that "marriage" is just for having babies. That's why it's ok to exclude gays from marriage...

Bullshit, sad and incredibly narrow...fuckers.

Seriously...my bullshit meter is buried in the red zone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-04-2013, 12:59 PM
I learned a lot about optic cables and optic vs. usb vs. coaxial digital cables, then about sound cards, DAC and what is the best and not-so-cheap way to get your sound from the computer to the amplifier.

The best option so far is the external usb sound card (just starting to look for models...) with all the outputs needed. Then connect that with the glass optic cable to the good DAC (digital-to-analog converter) and then connect that to the amp... Gets you as close as possible to a good CD player.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Today I learned that despite being taught religious ideology and not being (directly) influenced by either me or my sister; my young brother believes the Devil to be a myth on par with "Nessie" and "Bigfoot".

I think the little dude will turn out just fine. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
10-04-2013, 02:43 PM
(10-04-2013 02:37 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Today I learned that despite being taught religious ideology and not being (directly) influenced by either me or my sister; my young brother believes the Devil to be a myth on par with "Nessie" and "Bigfoot".

I think the little dude will turn out just fine. Thumbsup
That's awesome Thumbsup

I'm proud of the little guy Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
10-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Last night I was at a lecture on mating habits of Nurse Sharks. New learnings:

Females help "shield" each other from aggressive/amorous males by coming into the shallows and lying abreast to protect their pectoral fins. The males bite these fins and hold on so thay can copulate.

The males have a helper, called a "blocker" that uses his body to block the mating couple from sliding. Unknown if favor is returned by the other male as yet.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-04-2013, 03:41 PM
(10-04-2013 09:37 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There is one hair on my knuckle that is 0.5 times larger than all the others.

Must be on your hair-trigger finger. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-04-2013, 04:00 PM
What Did You Learn Today?
(10-04-2013 09:37 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There is one hair on my knuckle that is 0.5 times larger than all the others.

I've seen hairs on my forearm up to 4 times longer than the others. At first they are mistaken for my wife's hair. When I try to pull them off and they tug, I know something is definitely wrong. I'm thankful I've only seen about 5 in the last 10 years or so.
10-04-2013, 05:45 PM
(10-04-2013 02:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Last night I was at a lecture on mating habits of Nurse Sharks. New learnings:

Females help "shield" each other from aggressive/amorous males by coming into the shallows and lying abreast to protect their pectoral fins. The males bite these fins and hold on so thay can copulate.

The males have a helper, called a "blocker" that uses his body to block the mating couple from sliding. Unknown if favor is returned by the other male as yet.

That's interesting. Female primates of various species will also protect each other from unwanted advances.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post