What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
17-04-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(17-04-2013 01:49 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  In fairness; "Fap" is the sound made as a man strokes his male member in rapid succession. I suppose it's mostly to do with the sound of the hand slapping against the scrotum, combined with the sound of skin rubbing against skin.

So, it's stupid, yeah, but it's not altogether inaccurate. No more than "Burp" or "Achoo!"
Hey, I didn't say you shouldn't use it. It's just that ever since I first heard it (which was here, not surprisingly Rolleyes ), it's always left me with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. (Not that your explanation made it any less unpleasant Laugh out load )

Not even sure why exactly, but we all have our likes and dislikes, don't we, Miso? Angel

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1840&amp...1022110468]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
17-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Today I learned that everything can fade to black in an instant. A once perfect life could be reduced to ashes with no warning. There are no guarantees in the world. There is no "sure outcome." Watching the sunset on the rooftop will forever be a fantasy.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
24-04-2013, 08:01 AM

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
24-04-2013, 08:09 AM
(24-04-2013 08:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

Thoroughly enjoyed that!
24-04-2013, 08:10 AM
(24-04-2013 08:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

I love this guys videos, that was so fucking awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-04-2013, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 08:45 AM by Lienda Bella.)
The reason we seem to just watch my Dad get mildly hurt sometimes (stubbing his toe, stepping on a nail, getting stung by another insect, etc.), is because he has a variety of tones that go with "God dammit!" What I mean, is this "God dammit..." "God..... DAMMIT.." "God DAM o.O" "GOD DAMMIT! (This one usually means that it pissed him off as well.)" so on and so forth..
[+] 2 users Like Lienda Bella's post
24-04-2013, 08:51 AM
I learned today that on the 12th of February, of this year, a 6,500 square foot portion of roof collapsed onto the tomb that is built up around Chernobyl.. This roof bit was built AFTER the disaster which reflects very nicely on rushed Soviet engineering...
Last thing I need when I'm in Europe next year is a massive ass cloud of radioactive dust coming over head because the damn tomb enclosing reactor 4 of Chernobyl collapses in on itself...
Fucking Soviets...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-04-2013, 11:58 AM
(24-04-2013 08:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I learned today that on the 12th of February, of this year, a 6,500 square foot portion of roof collapsed onto the tomb that is built up around Chernobyl.. This roof bit was built AFTER the disaster which reflects very nicely on rushed Soviet engineering...
Last thing I need when I'm in Europe next year is a massive ass cloud of radioactive dust coming over head because the damn tomb enclosing reactor 4 of Chernobyl collapses in on itself...
Fucking Soviets...

Pripyat Tours just got a little more interesting...Zombie Apocalypse here we come!
24-04-2013, 03:05 PM
(24-04-2013 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 08:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  N.B. stands for nota bene.

Which is Latin and means 'note well'.

(24-04-2013 10:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  It means "not a beanie" - Romans were prone to wearing all sorts of things as beanies. They would mark the ones they found didn't work with NB so as not to be fooled again...

Big Grin Smartass

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
24-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Re: What Did You Learn Today?
That I may be getting a bit meaner in my old age. Lol