What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
04-05-2013, 03:38 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(04-05-2013 03:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Angler fish are full of awesome.

... Er... so this thing hangs a nice-looking packet of sandwiches or something close to the riverbank and waits ?

Sumthin like that.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 05:28 AM
Today I learned that Jews come from a big tree called Jewcidua which grows in Israel, all Jews grow on this tree like leaves then when they have matured after 13 years they fall down where they are collected by people called Rabbi's who then evenly distribute these new born Jews across the globe.

True story.

They tell me I'm the shit, I'm like 'duh...'
[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I learned that I cannot turn my upper torso 180 degrees while keeping my lower body area facing forwards.

04-05-2013, 12:27 PM
(04-05-2013 12:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I learned that I cannot turn my upper torso 180 degrees while keeping my lower body area facing forwards.

Well, that's because you're an atheist. And gay. Dodgy

Oh, just kidding. Tongue

Not really.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Dodgy

I was under the assumption that gay people had magical powers.
I've yet to shoot one bolt of lightening from my finger tips. Angry
I want my money back.

05-05-2013, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 01:24 AM by kim.)
Damn, that would suck - being promised all kinds of magical shit and finding out it's a lie. Whatthehey...? Consider

Speaking of refunds...
I just learned this today: Christees are encouraged to give 10% of their income for membership in church!!!
THAFUCK? Ohmy

Maybe you should start your own religion, Muffy. It seems to be the most lucrative game in town. Sadcryface

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
05-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Muffs, I think you should sue those gays for false advertising.

Take all that they are worth!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-05-2013, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 01:51 AM by kim.)
Can a theist sue a church for breach of all their promises? Consider
I can't see why someone shouldn't at least try. I'm betting it wouldn't even be considered unless the church was thought to be some kind of cult.
Cause like... none of them are cults, you know. Dodgy

05-05-2013, 01:56 AM
(05-05-2013 01:48 AM)kim Wrote:  Can a theist sue a church for breach of all their promises? Consider
I can't see why someone shouldn't at least try. I'm betting it wouldn't even be considered unless the church was thought to be some kind of cult.
Cause like... none of them are cults, you know. Dodgy

Doubt it. I mean, for say ten years you're paying your subs - unsatisfied customers don't use a product for ten years *then* sue. People get something outta church. Just maybe not what they thought they were getting. Maybe they could be sued for false advertising though...
05-05-2013, 02:04 AM
(05-05-2013 01:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Doubt it. I mean, for say ten years you're paying your subs - unsatisfied customers don't use a product for ten years *then* sue. People get something outta church. Just maybe not what they thought they were getting. Maybe they could be sued for false advertising though...

I was thinking more like "mental abuse" or some degree of extortion... stuff that is obvious and that can be proven in behavior and with receipts.