What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
05-05-2013, 04:55 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(05-05-2013 12:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Dodgy

I was under the assumption that gay people had magical powers.
I've yet to shoot one bolt of lightening from my finger tips. Angry
I want my money back.

I think that only works if you are riding a unicorn under a rainbow while wearing velvet or really fabulous shoes.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 09:35 AM
My shoes are fabulous...

[Image: sad-face.jpg]

Quote:Damn, that would suck - being promised all kinds of magical shit and finding out it's a lie. Whatthehey...? Consider

Speaking of refunds...
I just learned this today: Christees are encouraged to give 10% of their income for membership in church!!!
THAFUCK? Ohmy

Maybe you should start your own religion, Muffy. It seems to be the most lucrative game in town. Sadcryface

I think most cults are like this, or at least certainly a lot of them. They then require you to pay a "donation" on top of that at Sunday mass.

Destiny Church is a big cult here (the only one actually). It is famous exactly for this, taking 10% of your income and requiring donations on top of this.
The leader, Brian Fuckfacecunttard is fucking rich as hell, like you should see this cunts house... Yet the VAST majority of his congregation are really poor people...

He has a spot on TV1 (free to air channel here) early Sunday mornings (like 4am) where it's him giving his service, or a bishop from somewhere else. He even dabbled in politics in the 90's. He said, "Destiny Church will be running this country within 2 years". Suffice to say he got a very very low vote count, didn't even come close to winning a single seat in parliament and quit and never entered into NZ politics again. Instead they're very secretive now. Don't talk to media, all that stuff.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Consider Hmm... it seems not everyone is happy with this Destiny Church megalomaniac asshole Bishop Brian Tamaki. What a dick.

The first site search for this Destiny Church brought up a massively organized US midwest group of churches based in Oklahoma - THE stomping ground for all evangelical crooks.

Damn, this shit is big... I didn't bother to "click here" as their site kept suggesting... I figure their bots will just send shit I don't need to my computer ... and then my house.

Fuck, sometimes learning shit can be so discouraging. But then, how else will everyone be able to understand motive, once I start killing. Dodgy

Just kidding.
maybe

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I've learned that ethics is a field that needs work and a better framework.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
05-05-2013, 01:22 PM
That there exists a type of lake, called ribbon lake. Among the more famous ribbon lakes are lake Windemere and Conniston Water.

[Image: 10-windermere-50513l.jpg]

Another landscape created by glaciers are the arête (a thin, almost knife-like, ridge of rock) and the cirque (a bowl-shaped depression with very steep sides that forms at the head of a mountain glacier).

[Image: 510px-Striding_Edge.jpg]

[Image: 800px-Thornton_Lakes_25929.JPG]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
05-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Some people work to let go of some really bad stuff like a mass death from disease or natural disaster, but they like to emotionally cling to a date rejection, a ripped wedding dress, keyed car paint, a filthy bucket, or other forms of common disappointment.

This is why I think the word "nonsense" sounds normal.
05-05-2013, 03:30 PM
That the weather today is perfect for a day of napping, reading, napping, reading, eating cereal, more reading and napping...now and then a day like this does me good...mentally and physically.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-05-2013, 03:34 PM
(05-05-2013 03:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That the weather today is perfect for a day of napping, reading, napping, reading, eating cereal, more reading and napping...now and then a day like this does me good...mentally and physically.

Someone restart, Angie, I think she's stuck Blink

[Image: record.gif]

05-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh bite me Vera! Geez Louise you hit one wrong key and they never let you forget.... Hobo

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-05-2013, 03:40 PM
(05-05-2013 03:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh bite me Vera! Geez Louise you hit one wrong key and they never let you forget.... Hobo

I don't bite. How about I scratch your eyes out Tongue

I was worried you may have been possessed or something!