What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
12-06-2013, 03:16 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(12-06-2013 11:30 AM)AlaskaMom Wrote:  That I am not supposed to announce on my FB that i am an atheist because no one likes atheist (((knowledge from my mom)))

I like atheists Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
(12-06-2013 03:16 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:30 AM)AlaskaMom Wrote:  That I am not supposed to announce on my FB that i am an atheist because no one likes atheist (((knowledge from my mom)))

I like atheists Drinking Beverage

You're no one Drinking Beverage

Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-06-2013, 03:57 PM
(12-06-2013 03:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 03:16 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I like atheists Drinking Beverage

You're no one Drinking Beverage

Bechased

You better run don't you know Peanut kills 100 people a year in the US alone.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Learned that 9 bean soup mix sprouts beautifully. Whodathunk?

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Everyone thinks I am a bitch and don't like me anyhow so it's all good. Annoying I am 39yrs old n someone still called my mommy to tattle I am an Atheist!

Wisdom from my eldest "Life's short... Get stoned!"
[Image: tumblr_m988n0gSY21r984nlo1_500.jpg]
18-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Learned two things this morning;

Hetmen - Hetmen Group consists of leaders in the community who make connections by working side-by-side with locals - via HoC

Levant - The Levant (/ləˈvænt/, Arabic: بلاد الشام‎ Bilād ash-Shām) or Arabic: المشرق العربي‎ al-Mashrīq al-'Arabiyy; Hebrew: כְּנָעַן Kənáʿan), also known as the region of Syria or the Eastern Mediterranean, is a geographic and cultural region consisting of the "eastern Mediterranean littoral between Anatolia and Egypt" - courtesy of Bucky Ball
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...A&dur=2002

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
19-06-2013, 08:52 AM
(07-06-2013 06:45 AM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Most people who insult are describing part of themselves, but are putting you there instead.

Consider 'gasp!" You're right, Lienda! They do put other people in their place.
Get it? In their place?

Yeah. Laughat

Let's go have a smoothy at McStinkies! Hobo

*Lienda holds Lienda's imaginary hand* Let's.

~I will now label hamburger as stinky beef.~ My other personality is smarter than me.
19-06-2013, 09:26 AM
I relearned how tough it is to be a closet atheist. (believing wife and many believing friends.) After a 4 year study of the whole bible there is no chance of going back so the only hope is a change in my wife. Maine is the least religious state in the union but there are still a lot of believers out there.Wink & Sad

Keep the company of those who seek the truth- run from those who have found it. (Václav Havel)
19-06-2013, 09:40 AM
(19-06-2013 09:26 AM)BobLewis Wrote:  I relearned how tough it is to be a closet atheist. (believing wife and many believing friends.) After a 4 year study of the whole bible there is no chance of going back so the only hope is a change in my wife. Maine is the least religious state in the union but there are still a lot of believers out there.Wink & Sad

Some of us are happily married to believers. It can be done. It requires mutual respect for both parties and being ok with knowing that your spouse doesn't agree with you and not letting it come between you. Its giving that person the freedom to have their own ideas and belief system (even if it differs than yours) because you love them more.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
19-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Well technically I learned this yesterday, but still:

Apparently some of the staff at my school seem to get mad if you vomit in/on school grounds and time.
... Or come to school sick.

I also re-learned that pure stomach acid is one of the worst tasting things ever and that none of the water fountains at my school are functioning (of course) so that made the taste worse... lingering... and that some of my teachers are just fine with a student pretty much bolting out of the classroom and out of the building without a single word or explanation, if they come back a minute or so later.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.