What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
19-06-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
That my place of employment spends an inordinate amount of time "Gettin' ready to work, gettin' ready to work." and not nearly enough time doing the fucking work!

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-06-2013, 11:45 PM
(19-06-2013 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That my place of employment spends an inordinate amount of time "Gettin' ready to work, gettin' ready to work." and not nearly enough time doing the fucking work!

Ha ha. You're a programmer motherfucker Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-06-2013, 05:49 PM
(19-06-2013 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That my place of employment spends an inordinate amount of time "Gettin' ready to work, gettin' ready to work." and not nearly enough time doing the fucking work!

Ha ha. You're a programmer motherfucker Big Grin

I uzed to haz teh codez. Nowz Iz goz teh meetingz. Weeping

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-06-2013, 05:53 PM
That my laptop isn't nearly as capable as I thought Sad

20-06-2013, 07:58 PM
(19-06-2013 09:40 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 09:26 AM)BobLewis Wrote:  I relearned how tough it is to be a closet atheist. (believing wife and many believing friends.) After a 4 year study of the whole bible there is no chance of going back so the only hope is a change in my wife. Maine is the least religious state in the union but there are still a lot of believers out there.Wink & Sad

Some of us are happily married to believers. It can be done. It requires mutual respect for both parties and being ok with knowing that your spouse doesn't agree with you and not letting it come between you. Its giving that person the freedom to have their own ideas and belief system (even if it differs than yours) because you love them more.

Thanks for the comments. We are happily married (54 years). The problem is that if I come out we will probably lose all or most of our friends who are Christian.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth- run from those who have found it. (Václav Havel)
20-06-2013, 08:55 PM
(20-06-2013 07:58 PM)BobLewis Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 09:40 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Some of us are happily married to believers. It can be done. It requires mutual respect for both parties and being ok with knowing that your spouse doesn't agree with you and not letting it come between you. Its giving that person the freedom to have their own ideas and belief system (even if it differs than yours) because you love them more.

Thanks for the comments. We are happily married (54 years). The problem is that if I come out we will probably lose all or most of our friends who are Christian.

My heartfelt congratulations on 54 years of marriage!

My deepest condolences on your Christian "friends".

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
20-06-2013, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013 09:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-06-2013 07:58 PM)BobLewis Wrote:  We are happily married (54 years).

That's fucking impressive. There with the Grace of God go I. Thumbsup

Why come out? My personal metaphysics is my personal metaphysics developed by me, for me. Ain't nobody else's answer and nobody else's business. I explain when asked, no reason to volunteer it. But you ain't got much faith in your friends, my religious friends don't give a shit that I don't believe in a postmortem preservation of identity and I don't give a shit that they do.

Friendship >> Bullshit. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-06-2013, 08:50 AM
(20-06-2013 08:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 07:58 PM)BobLewis Wrote:  Thanks for the comments. We are happily married (54 years). The problem is that if I come out we will probably lose all or most of our friends who are Christian.

My heartfelt congratulations on 54 years of marriage!

My deepest condolences on your Christian "friends".

Many times I've heard from the pulpit stories of people converted to Christianity who were shunned by family an friends. "How could they have done such a thing? tisk tisk" I met a Jew at the Bowery Mission who converted and his family had a funeral for him. I wonder if any fundamentalist has done such a thing. Anyway, thanks for the chat. Am looking forward to many more on this site as I figure out how to use it.

Keep the company of those who seek the truth- run from those who have found it. (Václav Havel)
26-06-2013, 06:54 PM
I've actually known this for a while, but I thought I'd share it. Everyone has seen pictures of the Japanese snow macaques relaxing in hot springs...

[Image: Japanese%20Macaque.jpg]

This was actually a behavior influenced by humans. Japanese researchers wanted more time to study them because they tended to scatter quickly, so they threw food into the hot springs. Those who ventured in to get the food liked it. This behavior then became a cultural phenomenon spread from one generation to the next.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
26-06-2013, 07:00 PM
(26-06-2013 06:54 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I've actually known this for a while, but I thought I'd share it. Everyone has seen pictures of the Japanese snow macaques relaxing in hot springs...

This was actually a behavior influenced by humans. Japanese researchers wanted more time to study them because they tended to scatter quickly, so they threw food into the hot springs. Those who ventured in to get the food liked it. This behavior then became a cultural phenomenon spread from one generation to the next.

I recently watched a show on this. It was quite fascinating. It might have been 'Mutant Planet'. All the episodes were interesting about how certain animals evolved.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!