What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
14-11-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(14-11-2013 03:53 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Adolescent human males are the most complicated things sometimes.

Go figure. Shy

No they aren't, you just need to remember one thing. If in doubt, assume they are thinking about sex. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2013, 04:16 PM
(14-11-2013 04:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 03:54 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Are you suggesting adolescent human females are simple creatures?

Not simple. Just really really really emotional. Fragile but evil. Big Grin

The problem with males is that when they are emotional, the hide it, and confuse the shit out of us females.

Sad

No, females confuse themselves by thinking that males are emotional. Mostly not.

Adolescent hetero boys want to look manly in front of their peers and they want to have sex with girls.
If you go with that model, you won't be confused.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-11-2013, 04:43 PM
What Did You Learn Today?
(14-11-2013 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 04:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Not simple. Just really really really emotional. Fragile but evil. Big Grin

The problem with males is that when they are emotional, the hide it, and confuse the shit out of us females.

Sad

No, females confuse themselves by thinking that males are emotional. Mostly not.

Adolescent hetero boys want to look manly in front of their peers and they want to have sex with girls.
If you go with that model, you won't be confused.

Do they look menacing? They want sex!

Do they look smug? Sex!

Do they look terrified? Sex!

Look like they are about to throw up? Yup! He wants sex.

You're right, it works!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-11-2013, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2013 04:53 PM by Free Thought.)
(14-11-2013 04:05 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 03:54 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Are you suggesting adolescent human females are simple creatures?

Not simple. Just really really really emotional. Fragile but evil. Big Grin

Sad

The problem is not that males are unemotional or that we hide our emotions.

The problem is that, compared to males, females are overly emotional, incredibly so. Many males do hide their emotions but even then they are not as bad as females in regard to emotional disturbance or unpredictability. Comparing the two genders on emotional control is not a fair comparison due to the extremes of difference.

Your gender needs to stop flicking all the emotions on and off at the same damn time and start being a little less emotional.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Trolling is an ancient and traditional 'social' art. -.- Trolls from either side are great at showing you what never works with proper persuasion. We humans find it entertaining in a small way to point the finger at another human to top that. Religion is far more likely than non-religion to troll the children during the Holidays.
17-11-2013, 12:07 PM
About functional fixedness (a cognitive bias that limits a person to using an object only in the way it is traditionally used) and the candle problem.

"The test presents the participant with the following task: how to fix a lit candle on a wall (a cork board) in a way so the candle wax won't drip onto the table below. To do so, one may only use the following along with the candle:

a book of matches
a box of thumbtacks
The solution is to empty the box of thumbtacks, put the candle into the box, use the thumbtacks to nail the box (with the candle in it) to the wall, and light the candle with the match.The concept of functional fixedness predicts that the participant will only see the box as a device to hold the thumbtacks and not immediately perceive it as a separate and functional component available to be used in solving the task.

It took only a few years to establish that, if the candle, matches, and thumb tacks came with the box, not in the box, people were a lot more likely to use the box "correctly."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
17-11-2013, 12:38 PM
I can't lick my elbo.

Or snap.

Or whistle.

Sad
17-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Oh and I just realized that “pun intended” is a pun on “unintended” and I’m literally about to gouge my eyes out I’m so angry
17-11-2013, 12:53 PM
(17-11-2013 12:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I can't lick my elbo.

Or snap.

Or whistle.

Sad

(17-11-2013 12:43 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Oh and I just realized that “pun intended” is a pun on “unintended” and I’m literally about to gouge my eyes out I’m so angry

For as smart as you are every once in a while you have a real short bus moment.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-11-2013, 12:55 PM
(17-11-2013 12:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 12:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I can't lick my elbo.

Or snap.

Or whistle.

Sad

(17-11-2013 12:43 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Oh and I just realized that “pun intended” is a pun on “unintended” and I’m literally about to gouge my eyes out I’m so angry

For as smart as you are every once in a while you have a real short bus moment.

no but fuckin seriously DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT PUN OR WAS I SERIOUSLY THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T???