What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
25-11-2012, 08:28 AM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(25-11-2012 06:51 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 06:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I learned something so smart today that my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.
I learned that Earmuffs likes Family Guy a lot more than his pic. and signature would imply. Wink
I learned that Misanthropik knows his Family Guy. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Today I learned exactly what type of duck a "Mallard" is.
[Image: Male-mallard.jpg]
Maybe it's the Coors talking but I think it's an exceptionally beautiful animal.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I like that green head...

The rest looks like bland ol' duck.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Mallards are abundant here, and they really are beautiful. The females are nothing like the male with his green head. The ladies are so well camouflaged that I've almost stepped on more than one nesting in lake reeds.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-11-2012, 09:38 PM
What Did You Learn Today?
I learned that you can get high off catnip.

No personal experience.

Yet.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-11-2012, 11:45 PM
(26-11-2012 07:24 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Today I learned exactly what type of duck a "Mallard" is.
[Image: Male-mallard.jpg]
Maybe it's the Coors talking but I think it's an exceptionally beautiful animal.
nek minute

Duck hunting session.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-11-2012, 01:31 AM
My grandma's house always had a dusty ole' stuffed mallard hanging on the living room wall when I was growing up. Grandpa had apparently killed the thing sometime before the second great war. Wonder what ever happened to it...

There used to be several of them that lived near my old apartment in VA, but it was mainly home to some truly hideous looking White Muscovy Ducks

[Image: white-muscovy-duck-with-red-bill-tracie-kaska.jpg]

27-11-2012, 02:57 AM
My parents have about 12 pekin ducks (the ducks that look like ducks but can't fly and are the best eating ducks because they're bred to be eatten).
Actually I may have a picture when one of the female ones had ducklings...

Yip, here you are.

[Image: 36962_420189351066_7720506_n.jpg]

The female is standing up.
The one sitting down is a male, we called him Quakers, he was our first duck. We then got a second one which my mother in her infinite wit called Cheese (Cheese and Quakers).
Then we got a female and shit hit the fan...

Today I learned that Wales (That's near England for the Americans on the forum) is actually just what is left over from Roman Britain. I always thought they were just some sort of barbarian tribe like how the Irish and Scottish were. But nope. Turns out Wales = Roman Empire. Just think, Wales use to control modern day Wales and England... you know, until they decided to hire Saxons and then give them a little too much power... neeeeeek miinuuuute...
27-11-2012, 06:53 AM
(21-11-2012 01:18 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I don't know if there's been a thread like this before (I haven't been here that long), but I thought it would be cool to have a thread in which we state what we've learned on a given day. It should be a goal of each one of us to seek to gain new knowledge each day, and with a thread in which to post it, we have the opportunity to benefit others as well. It could be anything from information of paramount importance, to the completely trivial. It is my personal belief that there is no "useless" information to be had.

For me, I learned that the "G" in "gmail" stands for "Google". This was made all the more impressive by the fact that I learned it from a 7-year-old.

I really should've known that. Dodgy

I've just learned that there are people who don't know what gmail is... JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!

Oh, and I also learned it is Tuesday, I could swear it was Friday just a few hours ago... Shit.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Actually, it's Wednesday.

Fucking idiot...