What Did You Learn Today?

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
07-12-2013, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 06:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(05-12-2013 10:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  For the sake of all the guys, I'll put it in a spoiler brackets. So, today I learnt, that you can
break a penis:

"There are no bones in the penis, but it can, in fact, become "broken." Doctors refer to the injury as a "penile fracture," and it's every bit as harrowing as you'd imagine.

"[Penile fracture] is a severe form of bending injury to the erect penis that occurs when a membrane called the tunica albuginea tears," explains Hunter Wessells — chair of the urology department at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He continues:

So how does a penis actually, you know, break? According to Wessels, any form of vigorous intercourse when the penis is rammed into a solid structure... "during sexual acrobatics," for instance.

"We had this patient who suffered penile fracture after running across the room and trying to penetrate his wife with a flying leap," he says.

I'm still laughing out loud at the last sentence.

And no, I'm not gonna make a joke about whether or not I learnt it the hard way. Drinking Beverage

You scare the shit outta Girly. Eastern European women, give them what they want and hope they don't break your penis. ... No reason not to do them, though.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 04:32 AM
(07-12-2013 04:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 10:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  For the sake of all the guys, I'll put it in a spoiler brackets. So, today I learnt, that you can
break a penis:

"There are no bones in the penis, but it can, in fact, become "broken." Doctors refer to the injury as a "penile fracture," and it's every bit as harrowing as you'd imagine.

"[Penile fracture] is a severe form of bending injury to the erect penis that occurs when a membrane called the tunica albuginea tears," explains Hunter Wessells — chair of the urology department at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He continues:

So how does a penis actually, you know, break? According to Wessels, any form of vigorous intercourse when the penis is rammed into a solid structure... "during sexual acrobatics," for instance.

"We had this patient who suffered penile fracture after running across the room and trying to penetrate his wife with a flying leap," he says.

I'm still laughing out loud at the last sentence.

And no, I'm not gonna make a joke about whether or not I learnt it the hard way. Drinking Beverage

You scare the shit outta Girly. Eastern European women, give them what they want and hope they don't break your penis.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-12-2013, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 08:43 AM by Vera.)
About ice spikes.

One of the coolest one-minute long things you could watch.

On a completely unrelated note, I also learnt that there is plague in Madagascar. As in, the plague. There go my extremely short-lived plans to go to Madagascar on my next trip. I mean, not being a wuss here or anything - it's just that one really shouldn't inflict both the plague and me on the same place. It's only humane Confused

EDIT: PS. Girly, like I'd touch any of the tackles on this forum with a ten-foot pole.

Am not too keen on the Eastern-European woman crack, either Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
13-12-2013, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 06:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
Learned how to visualize twitter data. Smile

[Image: ttatweet-2.png]

16-12-2013, 02:54 PM
About knot theory and vortex loops and that you can tie knots in fluids.

Unfortunately now my brain seems to be tying itself into knots... and I feel loopier than usual. Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
16-12-2013, 05:56 PM
That much to Chas' dismay, irregardless is in fact a word. Tongue

16-12-2013, 06:11 PM
(16-12-2013 05:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That much to Chas' dismay, irregardless is in fact a word. Tongue

Careful there Girly he will burn your dictionary.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-12-2013, 06:34 PM
(16-12-2013 05:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That much to Chas' dismay, irregardless is in fact a word. Tongue

Today I learned that the concern "is it a real word?" isn't as helpful as "should I use it?"

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
16-12-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2013 07:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-12-2013 06:34 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  

Today I learned that the concern "is it a real word?" isn't as helpful as "should I use it?"

Yup. Depends what you're trying to accomplish, don't it now? I work with a sharp as shit woman who purposely speaks ungrammatically to see if you will seriously underestimate her capability by judging her by her grammar. I told her, "You know, on my internet forum they call that trolling." She responded, "Call me a troll again and I'm filing a sexual harassment complaint to EEO ... asshole." ... She's a funny fucker.

Oh, and Mark Twain. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-12-2013, 08:20 PM

No, it's not. You're wrong. He's wrong.

It's a stupid, meaningless, illiteracy. The ir- cancels the -less. Just fucking stupid.

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary is the McDonald's of dictionaries. Pure crap.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post