• 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
25-01-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: What Did You Learn Today?
Once you start cleaning, you can't stop. Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 04:54 PM
When the fuck did this become the first world problems thread?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-01-2014, 04:58 PM
(25-01-2014 04:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  When the fuck did this become the first world problems thread?

WHEN WE LEARNED SOMETHING FROM OUR PROBLEMS Consider
25-01-2014, 05:05 PM
(25-01-2014 04:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 04:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  When the fuck did this become the first world problems thread?

WHEN WE LEARNED SOMETHING FROM OUR PROBLEMS Consider

By your rationale I can complain about it being the 26th today, because I 'learned' that I am one more day closer to the beginning of school.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-01-2014, 05:27 PM
(25-01-2014 05:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 04:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  WHEN WE LEARNED SOMETHING FROM OUR PROBLEMS Consider

By your rationale I can complain about it being the 26th today, because I 'learned' that I am one more day closer to the beginning of school.

You're learning. You make me so proud. Weeping Heart
25-01-2014, 05:51 PM
(25-01-2014 05:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 05:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  By your rationale I can complain about it being the 26th today, because I 'learned' that I am one more day closer to the beginning of school.

You're learning. You make me so proud. Weeping Heart

It's not really learning!
It's just restating something already apparent!

26-01-2014, 09:44 AM
And speaking of megasticks - I give you Love Valley. If I wanted to, I could actually go visit over the weekend, but frankly, there are more than enough dicks in my life right now, both of the literary and of the walking and talking variety (though, in all fairness, mostly the former. Have never suffered dicks gladly. Rolleyes )

[Image: love+valley+goreme+turkey+1.jpg]

And in a penile futile attempt to prove that I'm not all about phalli, I also learnt about imaginary numbers (which isn't what you to measure your male pride in!) and that a sponge-like creature, called Coronacollina acula (whose name means "little rimmed hill with needles") is the oldest organism with a skeleton. Who would've thunk that sponges had spines. Or the next best thing available at the time. (Okay, that thunk bit literally hurt my brain...)

Now, if only I could concentrate on one thing. Preferably work... Sad

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2014, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2014 11:39 AM by ghostexorcist.)
People with an interest in Chinese culture, religion, and mythology may like this. I recently purchased a book that details the Chinese view of the gibbon, the lesser ape from Asia, throughout the centuries. The Chinese considered it a symbol for both Confucian gentleman and Daoist immortals due to its more regal nature (in comparison to the thieving macaque) and its long arms, respectively. The long arms were thought to be evidence of its expertise in soaking up the mystical energy known as qi (Jp: ki, 气), which gave them occult powers.

The modern word for gibbons is 长臂猿 (long arm ape). The word ape (猿) is comprised of the two characters 犭(quan, dog), which is used to signify something that walks on four legs, and 袁 (yuan, long robe), which is used to signify something that is old. (Before I continue, I must point out that the character on the left, in this case 犭, is known as a "classifier" because it lets you know you are dealing with an animal of sorts.) The word for ape was originally used solely for the gibbon before the Chinese learned of other ape species in other countries. The classical version of the character is 蝯. What's interesting is that the classifier is 虫 (chong, insect). Gibbons are obviously not insects, so why classify them as this? The character used to signify a snake. The Chinese believed people who become immortal shed their earthly flesh just like a snake sheds their skin.

Other animals with the insect classifier associated with immortality include the bat (蝠) and the hedgehog (蝟).
27-01-2014, 01:31 PM
About Aristotle's Wheel.

"The fallacy lies in the assumption that a one-to-one correspondence of points means that two curves must have the same length. In fact, the cardinalities of points in a line segment of any length (or even an infinite line, a plane, a three-dimensional space, or an infinite dimensional Euclidean space) are all the same: (the cardinality of the continuum), so the points of any of these can be put in a one-to-one correspondence with those of any other."

Easy as pi(e), right? Wrong... Confused

[Image: AristotlesWheel.gif]

(I really should stop doing this every day Confused )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
27-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Hey Vera, hope your well.

Been learning about Abreaction in hypnosis today.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.