RE: What Did You Learn Today?

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 06:09 PM
I learned the difference between

Batesian mimicry (bts-n)

A form of protective mimicry in which an unprotected species, especially of an insect, closely resembles an unpalatable or harmful species and therefore is similarly avoided by predators.

and

Müllerian mimicry (my-lîr-n, m-)

A form of protective mimicry in which two or more poisonous or unpalatable species closely resemble each other and are therefore avoided equally by all their natural predators. The similarity in coloration between the monarch and viceroy butterflies, once considered an example of Batesian mimicry, is now generally considered as Müllerian mimicry because the viceroy is thought to be as bad-tasting to birds as the monarch. Müllerian mimicry is named after the German-born Brazilian zoologist Fritz Müller (1821-97).

Cool stuff especially since it applies to fish as well Big Grin

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
03-11-2014, 06:13 PM
I learned that when you send IT an email at 8:15 am saying that your printer is down (the printer you use to cut checks), they will hurry and show up as you are walking out the door at 4:30.

Kind of nice to be able to say - dude I pulled the manual online, cleaned the inside of the printer and ordered the new part - come back Thursday and you can have the pleasure of putting the new part in and saying you completed a service ticket. Dodgy

And did I mention that I do payroll - watch it IT guy - I have a power over you that you wouldn't like.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-11-2014, 07:07 PM
That I'm never ever ever ever ever ever EVER moving to Brazil! Gasp No

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Re: RE: What Did You Learn Today?
(03-11-2014 06:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I learned that when you send IT an email at 8:15 am saying that your printer is down (the printer you use to cut checks), they will hurry and show up as you are walking out the door at 4:30.

Kind of nice to be able to say - dude I pulled the manual online, cleaned the inside of the printer and ordered the new part - come back Thursday and you can have the pleasure of putting the new part in and saying you completed a service ticket. Dodgy

And did I mention that I do payroll - watch it IT guy - I have a power over you that you wouldn't like.
My office decided a while back I'm in charge of HR. Funny thing is, I learned it all in 1 day. I keep seeing emails about how others are screwing up. (Even my bosses. And their boss.)

So I've learned that I'm probably the smartest person there.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post