What Do Christians Have Against Masturbation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 07:35 PM
What Do Christians Have Against Masturbation?
Why are you guys opposed to fun?
Why would a God even create orgasms?

Cool story, bro. Coffeedrinker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: What Do Christians Have Against Masturbation?
The followers are indoctrinated. The leaders, the promoters of the policy, have a good reason.

1. Everyone is sexual, everyone has that in common. Shaming it, and controlling it ensures that you are able to reach everyone.
2. Pent up sexual energies can be diverted towards the survival of the religion.
3. Agitation, and pent up energy, and emotional confusion numbs the person to rational thinking and actions. More easily controlled, and diverted to do things to "calm" that confusion and energy.

There's a good reason the main Abrahamic religions, the most violent in history, share this shaming and controlling of all things sexual. A good portion of the followers are 'dumb and full of cum'.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 12 users Like PoolBoyG's post
29-12-2012, 08:42 PM
(29-12-2012 07:45 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  The followers are indoctrinated. The leaders, the promoters of the policy, have a good reason.

1. Everyone is sexual, everyone has that in common. Shaming it, and controlling it ensures that you are able to reach everyone.
2. Pent up sexual energies can be diverted towards the survival of the religion.
3. Agitation, and pent up energy, and emotional confusion numbs the person to rational thinking and actions. More easily controlled, and diverted to do things to "calm" that confusion and energy.

There's a good reason the main Abrahamic religions, the most violent in history, share this shaming and controlling of all things sexual. A good portion of the followers are 'dumb and full of cum'.

Right on.

Cool story, bro. Coffeedrinker
29-12-2012, 09:05 PM
^What he said, and also the OT generally frowns on non-procreative sex because it was a good thing for ancient Jews to make more of themselves. For modern day Christians (and Jews), this isn't so important, but some haven't caught on to that yet.
30-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Some more reasons (warning, semi-explicit material below):

1) Sexual arousal, excitement, and release are actually alternate states of mind. The brain literally works differently in the rush of endorphins and hormones. For this reason (as with many drugs), sexual activity has a spiritual feel to it, because there's a sense of touching a different world. (Actually, it makes you experience the same world differently.) For a religion that wants a monopoly on the spiritual, that requires somehow taking control of sex. These aren't just bodily fluids, they're sacred. Every. Last. Sperm.

2) A great deal of the "do" and "don't" of the OT was actually about sanitation and cleanliness. (It got a lot wrong, and a lot right. For example, you DON'T want to eat shellfish from the Mediterranean.) Someone decided that jizzing out into random places was not very clean.

3) Most denominations of Christianity construct a dualism between worldly and spiritual, with emphasis on pursuing the spiritual and abandoning the worldly. Devotion to god, including the sexual instructions, is spiritual. Sex itself is worldly, and to be avoided. (Hence the idea that marriage is bad, because it distracts from the spiritual. But apparently it's better than unmarried sex. Don't know the logic for that.)

4) The sin of Oman. In the OT, Oman was supposed to knock up his brother's widow so that his brother would have a post-mortem heir, but Oman pulled out at the last minute and got struck dead for it. This could be narrowly interpretted as, "hey, your culture gave you this particular imperative to impregnate this particular woman at this particular time for this particular purpose, and you specifically spurned that task." It is much more commonly interpreted very broadly: Don't spill your "seed" on the ground (though Oman was supposedly in trouble for spilling his brother's seed, which he was somehow carrying by proxy), and more broadly don't deposit it in a mouth, bunghole, or anywhere other than a cooter. Personally, if the tale of the guy pulling out and dying is true, I'd be more inclined to see it as a heart attack caused by intense cardiovascular activity than as the wrath of God.

5) "Purpose" and "Meaning". For me, a thing's purpose or meaning is in the eye of the beholder. Different people ascribe different meanings to the same thing. But in a lot (not all) of Christianity, purpose and meaning are absolute abstractions, amounting to GOD'S purpose or GOD'S meaning for something. And God's purpose (apparently there can only be one purpose, not several, not sure I understand that) for sex is to make babies. (Again, not ALL Christianity goes in on this.) Therefore, any perversion of sex away from its baby-making role is Bad. (Apparently this doesn't forbid sex between a married couple where the wife is past menopause, or some injury or defect has rendered one or both of them sterile. Dunno if I understand that.) See also, be fruitful and multiply.

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
30-12-2012, 01:56 PM
^^ It was Onan btw, 'O man' was what he said as he came, shortly before keeling over.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
30-12-2012, 01:57 PM
They just want to join in the fun Angel

Sorry...

Also:

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
30-12-2012, 02:27 PM
4th grade in Catholic school, I asked a priest if they masturbate.

He said, "Sometimes."
30-12-2012, 02:43 PM
(30-12-2012 01:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ It was Onan btw, 'O man' was what he said as he came, shortly before keeling over.
Argh, my bad, I'm always getting that name wrong.

Also, many but not all of the reasons I listed above apply specifically to male masturbation, much as many of the reasons against homosexuality provided by Christians apply specifically to male homosexuality. In my interpretation, this is because Christianity as a religion was originally directed more towards men than women. I guess the moral is that women don't matter.

.... SARCASM, SARCASM, I DIDN'T MEAN IT, PUT DOWN THE RABID WOLVERIAAAIIEEEEARGOHTHEHUMANITY!

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
30-12-2012, 02:53 PM
(30-12-2012 02:43 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Argh, my bad, I'm always getting that name wrong.

Also, many but not all of the reasons I listed above apply specifically to male masturbation, much as many of the reasons against homosexuality provided by Christians apply specifically to male homosexuality. In my interpretation, this is because Christianity as a religion was originally directed more towards men than women. I guess the moral is that women don't matter.

.... SARCASM, SARCASM, I DIDN'T MEAN IT, PUT DOWN THE RABID WOLVERIAAAIIEEEEARGOHTHEHUMANITY!
Would it help if you remembered that onanism is another word for it?
Why would we be angry that there is at least something you are strictly forbidden to do and we ain't? [Image: feminist_en.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."