What Do Christians Have Against Masturbation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: What Do Christians Have Against Masturbation?
(30-12-2012 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 02:43 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Argh, my bad, I'm always getting that name wrong.

Also, many but not all of the reasons I listed above apply specifically to male masturbation, much as many of the reasons against homosexuality provided by Christians apply specifically to male homosexuality. In my interpretation, this is because Christianity as a religion was originally directed more towards men than women. I guess the moral is that women don't matter.

.... SARCASM, SARCASM, I DIDN'T MEAN IT, PUT DOWN THE RABID WOLVERIAAAIIEEEEARGOHTHEHUMANITY!
Would it help if you remembered that onanism is another word for it?
Why would we be angry that there is at least something you are strictly forbidden to do and we ain't? [Image: feminist_en.gif]
First off, Denise did nothing to you.

Secondly, Reltzik, it's time for your weekly punishment. [Image: JC_domowhack.gif]

Thirdly, I need reading glasses.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2012, 03:08 PM
(30-12-2012 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 02:43 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Argh, my bad, I'm always getting that name wrong.

Also, many but not all of the reasons I listed above apply specifically to male masturbation, much as many of the reasons against homosexuality provided by Christians apply specifically to male homosexuality. In my interpretation, this is because Christianity as a religion was originally directed more towards men than women. I guess the moral is that women don't matter.

.... SARCASM, SARCASM, I DIDN'T MEAN IT, PUT DOWN THE RABID WOLVERIAAAIIEEEEARGOHTHEHUMANITY!
Would it help if you remembered that onanism is another word for it?
Why would we be angry that there is at least something you are strictly forbidden to do and we ain't? [Image: feminist_en.gif]
Nah, I'd end up mixing it up and calling it Omanism.

And no, its still forbidden for women. It's just forbidden with even less attempt at justification, or, for that matter, acknowledgement or awareness that women might be interested in masturbation. Again guessing here, because the men who wrote the Bible were not very familiar with the concept of women wanting pleasure for its own sake, rather than just giving men jollies and babies.

(For the record, and I can't emphasize this enough, not ALL of Christianity makes a big deal about sexual this or that. Most of the liberal branches basically say, "hey, it's between you and God and maybe your partner, and if God DOES has a beef with it then it's okay, He is the forgiving type.")

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
30-12-2012, 03:40 PM
(30-12-2012 03:07 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  First off, Denise did nothing to you.
Yeah right. That's what she says Drinking Beverage

(30-12-2012 03:08 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Nah, I'd end up mixing it up and calling it Omanism.

And no, its still forbidden for women. It's just forbidden with even less attempt at justification, or, for that matter, acknowledgement or awareness that women might be interested in masturbation. Again guessing here, because the men who wrote the Bible were not very familiar with the concept of women wanting pleasure for its own sake, rather than just giving men jollies and babies.

(For the record, and I can't emphasize this enough, not ALL of Christianity makes a big deal about sexual this or that. Most of the liberal branches basically say, "hey, it's between you and God and maybe your partner, and if God DOES has a beef with it then it's okay, He is the forgiving type.")
Not all of Xianity nowadays, I'm guessing.

I guess it all boils down to the inherent inferiority of the body to the soul, thus, everything that has to do with the body is automatically considered bad. Sad thing is, this attitude towards sex in general continues to influence the way we view it to this day. I have friends who are not in the least bit religious and yet have an almost religious attitude towards sex (esp. when it comes to women). Like I always say, it's neither something sacred, nor something disgusting that we should be ashamed of. Just another natural process of many.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
30-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Wait so every time I masturbate a religious person feels bad?

Be right back creating tears!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 6 users Like fstratzero's post
30-12-2012, 03:52 PM
(30-12-2012 03:44 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Wait so every time I masturbate a religious person feels bad?

It's worse even than that.

[Image: god-kills-kitten.jpg]

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
30-12-2012, 03:54 PM
(30-12-2012 03:44 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Wait so every time I masturbate a religious person feels bad?

[Image: NF09-B12.GIF]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
30-12-2012, 04:08 PM
It used to make sense to have a ton of kids, they worked the land for the family and created income and food. They were also the retirement for the elders.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-12-2012, 04:12 PM
It's not just masturbation. The monotheists all have a problem with sex and a problem with women.

They're fucked in the head. Warped. Loony tunes. Wacko.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Interesting to note that the Catholic church only got a hard-on for cum (freaky Hobo ) after the Black Death decimated Europe's population. Fewer people means fewer tithes means less gold for Mr. Big Hat. Solution? Make more mans. So that's why the 14th and 15th centuries saw all the prohibitions against masturbation, non-vaginal sex, and contraception, and people who knew about contraception (aka "witches").

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
30-12-2012, 04:36 PM
You came to TTA to ask a bunch of Christians why they oppose masturbation?

It is a sin because it is self-satisfying.
God created orgasms to give humans the best chance to procreate.

I'm not even Christian and I can answer your questions without sounding like a dummy.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Somebody Could Probably Make A Good Buck Off Christians For This WindyCityJazz 6 117 17-07-2014 11:12 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  At What Point Did Christians Decide That The Bible Isn't Meant To Be Taken Literally? WindyCityJazz 146 2,188 19-06-2014 09:47 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Atheists are no better than Christians gilius2k14 114 1,645 19-06-2014 12:35 PM
Last Post: Rahn127
  Christians feel god more when they are duped ? sporehux 35 484 14-06-2014 09:57 PM
  The Christians arguments for religion TrainWreck 27 427 13-06-2014 01:01 AM
  Vatican hosts Islamic prayers, Christians show their evil. JDog554 19 325 08-06-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: JDog554
  According to Christians, are all the people who lived before Jesus in hell? Chrisinfp 12 224 27-05-2014 12:56 PM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock