What Do Christians Have Against Masturbation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 07:01 PM
RE: What Do Christians Have Against Masturbation?
The way I heard it put was, "the church tries to make masturbation a disease that only they have the cure to"... much like hell.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2012, 07:04 PM
(30-12-2012 04:36 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It is a sin because it is self-satisfying.

I've never heard that from a Christian, and that's probably a good thing because it's easy to tear apart. Is your claim that all self-satisfying behavior is sinful, or do you hold masturbation to a double-standard? If I play solitaire for example, am I sinning? If I eat a cookie, am I sinning? How about when I scratch an itch?

To be totally honest, I've never heard a Christian explain why it's a sin. They just assume you should know better.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
30-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Fap, fap, fap.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
30-12-2012, 11:43 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
31-12-2012, 12:56 AM
(30-12-2012 02:27 PM)trikeramolubi Wrote:  4th grade in Catholic school, I asked a priest if they masturbate.

He said, "Sometimes
I guess it depends on whether on not there is a little boy around to catch?
31-12-2012, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2012 02:19 AM by amyb.)
I always figured it was partly taking a natural urge and controlling people by making them feel guilty about it. Probably especially useful with hormonal teenagers, if they could be convinced not masturbating was some kind of victory against the flesh, and all that pent up sexual frustration could be used for praising Jesus.

Quote:I guess it depends on whether on not there is a little boy around to catch?
Reminds me of a joke I read somewhere...

Choir boy walks in on a masturbating priest.
"What are you doing, father?"
"I'm masturbating. You'll be doing this soon."
"Why, father?"
"Because my hand is getting tired."
[+] 3 users Like amyb's post
31-12-2012, 02:01 AM
(31-12-2012 01:20 AM)amyb Wrote:  I always figured it was partly taking a natural urge and controlling people by making them feel guilty about it. Probably especially useful with hormonal teenagers, if they could be convinced not masturbating was some kind of victory against the flesh, and all that pent up sexual frustration could be used for praising Jesus.

Quote:I guess it depends on whether on not there is a little boy around to catch?

Reminds me of a joke I read somewhere...

Choir boy walks in a masturbating priest.
"What are you doing, father?"
"I'm masturbating. You'll be doing this soon."
"Why, father?"
"Because my hand is getting tired."

Lmao!
31-12-2012, 03:34 AM
When I was about 12 and started to explore my sexuality, I also started to soak up religious books like "Young People Ask" (Watchtower publications) to determine if what I was doing was wrong in God's eyes. The main point of the literature was that God made sexual pleasure to be enjoyed between a married man and a married woman. Like a little extra gift to symbolize their exclusivity and the beauty of their marriage. With that being the case, masturbating outside of marriage amounted to stealing and enjoying God's gift before it was one's rightful time to indulge in it.

Of course, sexuality is an incredibly difficult thing for a young boy to overlook, so my habit was never fully halted. The only success the information had was making me feel like a worthless human being - an absolute failure - every time I pulled a some pud. (I was gonna say "a little pud" but I decided it'd be too misleading. lol)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
31-12-2012, 04:24 AM
(31-12-2012 03:34 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Of course, sexuality is an incredibly difficult thing for a young boy to overlook, so my habit was never fully halted. The only success the information had was making me feel like a worthless human being - an absolute failure - every time I pulled a some pud. (I was gonna say "a little pud" but I decided it'd be too misleading. lol)
Exactly, and that's why it's such an effective tool for religion. It creates guilt and feeds right into the idea that humans are shitty, full of sin, and need to be "saved." If you can't resist touching yourself, you obviously aren't spiritual enough and need to pray harder. Etc.

If they just acknowledged that masturbation is sex with someone you love, they couldn't use it against you.

Argh, but as for the sex within marriage thing, I had a doctor freak out on me when I was 15 because he asked if I was sexually active, and I said "yes." Then he said sex is something god only intended within marriage between a man and a woman. It does kind of explain the anti masturbation, anti premarital sex thing (and since I have no intention of getting married, all sex I'll ever have is probably pre-marital...).
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
31-12-2012, 04:35 AM
The only pleasure can truly come from accepting Jesuuuuuuuus.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.