What Do You Do/Did For A Living?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: What Do You Do/Did For A Living?
I'm a technical director in a company that manufactures safety and interior doors. Started as a salesman in this company 14 years ago.

At least that's my cover. Angel

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
23-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Have not had a job yet but if I may post what I am trying to get. I am trying to get into custodial work at my local movie theater. Both my grandmother and father did the same thing. Work from night to early morning when the theaters are closed so no worrying about dealing with customers and free movie tickets for being an employee.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
23-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I work in production hall. Nothing much to like about the job but it pays well enough for me to live a comfortable life. Also it's only 6 months in a year so that's another plus.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
23-05-2016, 12:39 PM
(23-05-2016 12:09 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 11:04 AM)julep Wrote:  When my son was diagnosed with developmental delay (later with autism), I needed a more flexible schedule, so I stopped teaching college and began instead teaching music lessons and doing medical transcription from my house.

(23-05-2016 09:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Once I was more or less ok with the idea of returning to work, my younger son was Dx'd with autism -- so dealing with his issues kinda screwed me.

Our middle child is special needs. His diagnosis includes autism.

Keeps things interesting.

Indeed it does! I hope your son is doing well.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
23-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Started working in the field of biomedical engineering in the 90s

1) Adaptive electronic bladder stimulator for patients with spinal chord injury.
I hereby confess to have witnessed the death of quite some cute puppy beagle dogs. May i burn in (engineering) hell. Blush
My excuse: they didnt suffer at all, were anesthetized, filled up with opioids and never woke up again.

2) Receiver of an OCT (Optical coherence tomography) imaging system.

Then switched to automotive:
3) Making safety analyses for anti-lock brake system ECUs (Electronic Control Unit).

4)
a) Drawing ECU schematics based on which the ECUs were mass produced.
b) Supporting application engineers in putting together ECUs out of a huge catalogue of circuit modules. Checking for compatibility of modules. Providing cross-application and cross-system circuit management.

5) Project manager/engineer for R&D ECUs not intended to be sold to customers but exclusively for internal testing of new architectures/functionalities.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 9 users Like Deesse23's post
23-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Navy cryptologist, Army cavalry scout, English as a Foreign Language teacher, factory representative, translator, correctional officer, immigration officer, remote sub arctic diamond mine security

'Murican Canadian
[+] 10 users Like yakherder's post
23-05-2016, 01:06 PM
(23-05-2016 01:02 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Navy cryptologist, Army cavalry scout, English as a Foreign Language teacher, factory representative, translator, correctional officer, immigration officer, remote sub arctic diamond mine security

I guess then yak herding is just a hobby?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 6 users Like Slowminded's post
23-05-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm a publisher of a national magazine. But in the past, I've been a sports writer, editor, newspaper designer, waiter, short-order cook, bowling lanes mechanic, desk clerk and construction worker.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like WillHopp's post
23-05-2016, 01:34 PM
(23-05-2016 12:39 PM)julep Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 12:09 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Our middle child is special needs. His diagnosis includes autism.

Keeps things interesting.

Indeed it does! I hope your son is doing well.

He does pretty good, thanks!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-05-2016, 01:36 PM
I work at an engineering firm doing computer drafting and design.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post