What Do You Like About TTA Forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2011, 08:57 AM
What Do You Like About TTA Forum?
So the title says it all really. What do like about this forum? What is it that keeps you coming back for more?

I'll begin as I've started the thread;

I find intellectual conversations hard to come by at times. I have a few friends who are interested in religion/politics/science but most of them don't know what the difference between right and left wing and have never heard the word atheist. I still enjoy their company and everything, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I want a more intellectual conversation.

Also, being the only atheist in a family of Christians, two out of three of whom are creationists and claim that the idea of evolution 'doesn't make sense' and that creation is the only 'logical' explanation, it helps to prevent my ego from getting too big Big Grin. On here I feel like one of the less intelligent people whereas in life I generally feel like one of the more intelligent (arrogant I know, at least I can be honest about my flaws though).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 09:22 AM

RE: What Do You Like About TTA Forum?
I have been on different forums over the past 10 years.

What I like about this one most is that it is (mostly) polite and NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! -- very few people get offended on behalf of others they have never met, never known -- we are able to use language to describe, as vividly as we can, how we feel about different issues.

It is so stifling when you have to watch every word you use, like walking on a mine-field, bracing for a reprimand from some asshole who will ignore the content and the meaning and gets hung up on words.

Lots of other things I like about this forum but this is on top of my list.

May it stay like this forever! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Same as the majority of above. Though I do have friends who enjoy intellectual conversation unfortunately none who enjoy discussing religion.
I also find the need sometimes to remind myself that just because I am in the minority on whether I believe in god, this does not make me insane. Might actually help prove my sanity.
Plus the majority of forum members are intelligent interesting people whos posts I enjoy reading even when I don't agree with them.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2011, 09:53 AM

I keep coming back because on other websites, my thoughts are really never considered & sometimes not even noticed.
On here, I feel like people actually notice me.
I know that it may sound dumb, but it means a lot to me, actually.
08-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah I agree with your points now I think of it Lucradis and Zatamon.

Calmyourtitsbro, it doesn't sound stupid at all to like having your points listened to, I would get irritated if people didn't listen to me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-11-2011, 12:56 PM
(08-11-2011 09:22 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  bracing for a reprimand from some asshole who will ignore the content and the meaning and gets hung up on words.

You can't use that foul language here. I am going to have to edit your post and ban you for a month.

.......fucking pricks using that bullshit foul language on my fucking forum.........

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM

(08-11-2011 12:56 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 09:22 AM)Zatamon Wrote:  bracing for a reprimand from some asshole who will ignore the content and the meaning and gets hung up on words.
You can't use that foul language here. I am going to have to edit your post and ban you for a month.
.......fucking pricks using that bullshit foul language on my fucking forum.........

Hahahahaha... Big Grin

If you do, I will cry! Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Everybody who posted plus bemore, hamata k, girly....

IT's Thinking! It's Atheist! It's... an act of 'random' evolution. Tongue

(TJ's forum is "fulla kids." That ain't a bad thing, it's a relevance thing - the young have their own ideas of gravitational relevance. Cool )

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2011, 01:09 PM
I like the fact that debates can get heated between members but they don't seem to carry over into future debates. I have adamantly disagreed with several members on a few topics and exchanged rather lengthy replies but I have also found myself in close agreement with the same individuals on other topics that I have supported them on or they have supported me on. It is important to agree and it is important to disagree, as long as you do so in a civil manner.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
08-11-2011, 01:23 PM
(08-11-2011 01:09 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I like the fact that debates can get heated between members but they don't seem to carry over into future debates. I have adamantly disagreed with several members on a few topics and exchanged rather lengthy replies but I have also found myself in close agreement with the same individuals on other topics that I have supported them on or they have supported me on. It is important to agree and it is important to disagree, as long as you do so in a civil manner.

This, ten times over.

Some of my favorite posters here are ones I have also had some of the most heated debates with. I love that I can disagree with people here, and still walk away with plenty of respect for them. Nothing drives me quite as crazy as when I argue with a person and they seem to think that I no longer like or respect them. That happens very rarely with you guys and gals.

So many cats, so few good recipes.