What Do You Like About TTA Forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 04:47 PM by Hughsie.)
RE: What Do You Like About TTA Forum?
Yeah I like the atmosphere on here.

One thing I forget to say originally, at the risk of sounding like some ass-kissing Stark fanboy Big Grin, is that I also love the moderation on here. I'm not really into forums, I only go on this and one other, but the mods here are way better than the other one!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 04:06 PM by Stark Raving.)
EEEEEEWWWWWW!
Mine is not an ass you'd want to kiss anyways. I've got good hygene and all, but...well...ya, you get my drift. LMAO

Also gotta take this chance to plug TheObserver and DeepThought. Those two have had my back for some time now, and they deserve the credit as much as I do. I take time off from the forum (in fact quite recently I've been really occupied with the farm) and I always know those two will check in here from time to time and keep things running smooth in my absence.

So here's a big sloppy ass kissin for my go-to guys! Thanks a ton!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-12-2011, 08:43 PM
The humor. Some very funny, (and of course incredibly smart) people here. I've learned a lot here. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-09-2014, 03:43 PM
I am reviving this old, old thread at the risk of having my embassy burned. I know if I start a similar thread like I was going to do, someone will bitch that this thread was already here - either way - deal with it.

So - things have been rocky lately and we could use some positive stuff.

What do you like about TTA?

I really like that this is a place where people of all ages, races, genders, preferences, and cultures get together and talk, laugh, share ideas, bond, be supported, and generally feel a sense of community.

Chances are IRL most of us would never cross paths.

How 'bout you?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I enjoy the community more than anything else. The debate sections can be heated but usually it stays there. I have learned a good deal about biblical history since joining up.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I like that people necro post threads sometimes. Because it's entertaining. Other times it's nice because it brings back good times.

I like this forum because it has provided me with a sense of confidence that I'm not alone in how I feel about things. When I initially deconverted I felt very very alone. I knew no one locally that I could confide in. This forum provided me with such a community of like minded people. A place to confide in, people to talk to and an acknowledgement that I'm not alone.

I value that this forum appreciates and values free speech. Few places do that, and lots of places censor things. I've always appreciated that we've made it a point to protect that as much as we can. I think it allows a very good forum for open communication, people from all walks of life, and the ability to openly discuss topics that may not end up being discussed otherwise.

This place is fucking awesome. I'm glad to have the chance to talk to so many of you and even make good personal friends with some as well. For some of you, you are like a second family to me. This place is great and it wouldn't be so without the people here Smile During times when I had some depression swings, during times I had rough life changes and even through my divorce... this forum was always here and the people have been nothing short of what I would call a family.

Except Chas, he has a strange beard.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 9 users Like Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Indeed, TTA is a comfortable place to be. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Gotta love the people. Like Anj said, there is so much diversity. It's fun to see a lot of different opinions coming together.

We have a huge range of topics. Nearly anyone coming here can find something they want to talk about, or threads they find interesting. There is a wealth of entertainment and information here. Again thanks to the people posting Big Grin

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, you can get into heated debates (or arguments Shy ) with fellow forum members, and not have it be the end of the world. I love it when I see one thread where two people disagree in a major way, but simultaneously in another thread those same folks are laughing and having a good time together.

There is a lot of respect and understanding here. The personal issues and support section always restores my faith in humanity. We've got so many kind and compassionate people here.

Dang I'm rambling.. Bottom line again it's the people. Love you guys!! Heart *sniff*

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
06-09-2014, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 04:13 PM by Elskidor.)
No clue. I'm sure as time goes on and atheists are far more accepted I'll see little reason to keep returning. For now it helps me escape this bible thumping area I live in.

I'm not really obsessed with science, as many atheists are. In fact, science usually bores the shit out of me, although I can't deny how useful it is and how it has helped us come so much further because of its discoveries.

Just knowing there are more people of like mind that find religion ludicrous is enough to keep me returning.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Elskidor's post
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
(06-09-2014 04:09 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  No clue. I'm sure as time goes on and atheists are far more accepted I'll see little reason to keep returning. For now it helps me escape this bible thumping area I live in.

You are just using us? Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post