What Do You Like About TTA Forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: What Do You Like About TTA Forum?
I've learned a lot about logic and debate. Some of the drama is rather entertaining - the insults are better than South Park - I'm a little immature that way. I enjoy the sense of community - I've never been involved in an online forum, it's fun to learn about others' experiences in other countries, the US tends to be a bit of a bubble. I'm not sure which is my favorite - pics for a laugh at religion or the recovering from religion section. Recovering from religion is why I'm here.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
06-09-2014, 05:38 PM
I like this place because there's free refreshments. There used to be a variety of food too, until Hughsie came along...

Confused
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
06-09-2014, 05:43 PM
(06-09-2014 05:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I like this place because there's free refreshments. There used to be a variety of food too, until Hughsie came along...

Confused

*pssst! Unsure pssst!* I hid some Cheetos over here!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
06-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Its a good website to post things. I was thinking about making a blog first before I made an account here.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-09-2014, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 06:34 PM by Free Thought.)
What do I like about this forum?

Good question to ponder, I mean, there's plenty to dislike; many people are over-bearing in their attachment to certain beliefs, the site is often bombarded with trolls and similar creatures, there is a large gap between the proverbial plebeians and arisen patricians, there isn't all that much to do, etc, etc.

As seemingly dysfunctional the many personalities are around here, there is, I feel a distinct presence of community, and my being what I would call somewhat dysfunctional myself, this particular arrangement suits me fine; I actually prefer it to my real family and have, with no hyperbole, begun to see this place as something of an 'escape' family or refuge in which I can hide from the rest of the world and myself whist allowing me the freedom to be (mostly) myself without the restrictions and burdens my family and social circle place upon me.
Outside of that, this site has proven an excellent educational tool for me, both socially and in terms of general knowledge.

The final thing I like about this forum? Not to toot my own incredibly insufficient horn, but this forum supplies a place where I am constantly surrounded by people who know more than me and am smarter than me; my social circle, as tiny as it is, is comprised of people whom while I am sure they are quite intelligent are... swimming in a pool of relative ignorance (with the exception of one or two)... So being constantly outsmarted and outknowledged (because as we all know, there is a difference between being smart and knowing shit, I sit at the latter end meself) is actually quite refreshing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
06-09-2014, 06:31 PM
(06-09-2014 05:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 05:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I like this place because there's free refreshments. There used to be a variety of food too, until Hughsie came along...

Confused

*pssst! Unsure pssst!* I hid some Cheetos over here!

I keep telling the newbies they have to bring donuts, but the fuckers are all free thinkers and are not rule followers. Dodgy

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
06-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Freedom of expression!

That's top of the list.

Blush

Who the fuck am I kidding?

I'm here for hawt and sassy chicks Drooling

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2014, 06:52 PM
(06-09-2014 06:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Freedom of expression!

That's top of the list.

Blush

I'll show YOU sass Girl_nails

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
06-09-2014, 07:02 PM
(06-09-2014 06:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Freedom of expression!

That's top of the list.

Blush

Same Blush
Came for atheism Unsure Laughat
Stayed cause all the sexy babes Drooling

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-09-2014, 07:07 PM
(06-09-2014 07:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  ...
Same Blush
Came for atheism Unsure Laughat
Stayed cause all the sexy babes Drooling

I confess that it's usually the other way around, for me.

Atheism can be quite staid.
Sexy babes make me ...

Unsure

I'll get my coat. Blush

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post