What Do You Wish You Could Be?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 09:18 AM
RE: What Do You Wish You Could Be?
(27-01-2013 08:57 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  One looks sad, the another flamboyant, and the last looks reclusive.
Well, I never much cared for flamboyancy, so there you have it.

I also quite like those, glean from it what you will.
[Image: 22198d1214595288-red-flowers-entrance-52...lowres.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi DL,
Nice thread.

I'm not sure why you are encouraging wishful thinking on an atheist forum but hey, why not, everyone is allowed to dream.

Personally, I don't think I would change anything about my life except maybe wishing away a few kilos and adding a few centimetres.

EDIT: I meant 'height' btw cos I know how your minds work.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-01-2013, 10:16 AM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a photographer for Nat Geo.
Now I love to hike and enjoy taking pictures of what I see along the way.
That's good enough for me. I'm very happy.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
27-01-2013, 04:52 PM
(27-01-2013 10:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Personally, I don't think I would change anything about my life except maybe wishing away a few kilos and adding a few centimetres.

EDIT: I meant 'height' btw cos I know how your minds work.

Sure you did. Tongue

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2013, 04:08 AM
(26-01-2013 12:59 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Some people might say doctor or lawyer or something that pays well, but fuck that. I wish I could be an adventurer, preferably one with access to a time machine, but it would still be cool to be a regular adventurer, exploring the caves of Easter Island, the ruins of the Mayan temples, deep sea diving in the remains of sunken ships. I've been watching a lot of Nat. Geo today...Unfortunately life is rarely as simple as just doing what you want. We have others to think about, to love, we have commitments and obligations, children, spouses, and other loved ones...but assuming that you had absolutely none of those things, what would you like to do with your life?
I'm a Christian, so what I say here is only my opinion and not fact, but I agree with you about adventure. One of the things I look forward to in eternity is that, according to my belief, I will have a perfect immortal physical body at the peak of it's performance. I will be able to travel back in time and observe, not change, everything that's happening. How cool to see Alexander the Great, Rome, Egypt, Babylon, etc. at the peak of their empires. To see Abraham Lincoln...omg.

In the afterlife (we believe) we can travel at the speed of thought. I want to explore the earth's wonders, travel the universe, see everything there is to see. That's why we Christians so look forward to the afterlife, we can do ANYTHING we want. We will never be bored. God will hold nothing back from us like He has here. Man cannot conceive of the glories of the afterlife. We wont be just sitting on a cloud playing a harp. We will have a vibrant, active lifestyle free from any kind of misery or disappointment.

Now, before you go ranting and raving, this is just our belief.
[+] 1 user Likes Richard Stuckmeyer's post
29-01-2013, 04:30 AM
It'd be disappointing when you visit Egypt and found a great number fewer slaves than some accounts would claim.

Frankly, your thing almost seems nice.

I'd like to visit Byzantium, before it's fall; to stand on the walls of Byzantium which had not fallen in centuries, withheld countless sieges, to watch them crumble while their Empire toppled.

Maybe follow the Saracen Saladin as he kicked the Crusaders behinds and forged a formidable Sultanate out of the his own and Crusader states. Maybe haunt Richard the Lionheart after that, see his perspective.

Charles Martel perhaps... So many places and people I would wish to visit... too bad I won't bet on that impossibility.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-01-2013, 05:16 AM
(29-01-2013 04:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It'd be disappointing when you visit Egypt and found a great number fewer slaves than some accounts would claim.

I'd like to visit Byzantium, before it's fall; to stand on the walls of Byzantium which had not fallen in centuries, withheld countless sieges, to watch them crumble while their Empire toppled.

Maybe follow the Saracen Saladin as he kicked the Crusaders behinds and forged a formidable Sultanate out of the his own and Crusader states. Maybe haunt Richard the Lionheart after that, see his perspective.

Charles Martel perhaps... So many places and people I would wish to visit... too bad I won't bet on that impossibility.
It's sad that you will never get to do that. I wish there was a way to send you postcards from the places I'll see.
29-01-2013, 05:20 AM
(29-01-2013 05:16 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 04:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It'd be disappointing when you visit Egypt and found a great number fewer slaves than some accounts would claim.

It's sad that you will never get to do that. I wish there was a way to send you postcards from the places I'll see.
It's a pity you weren't aborted.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-01-2013, 05:25 AM
(29-01-2013 05:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:16 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  It's sad that you will never get to do that. I wish there was a way to send you postcards from the places I'll see.
It's a pity you weren't aborted.
My brother ahead of me was, but when my mom got to the abortionists office she changed her mind. Actually, I wish she had gone through with it since she had aborted two others before me, her guilt, which drove her crazy eventually, would have been the same and I would have had a free pass to an immediate trip to Heaven. I'm anti-abortion but not an activist so I hope you understand the sarcasm in my next remark: In your case, it's a shame we cant make abortion retroactive. Tongue
29-01-2013, 05:27 AM
It's a pity that you weren't the aborted one.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]