What Does "Being A Real Man" Mean To You?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: What Does "Being A Real Man" Mean To You?
(09-02-2016 09:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 09:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A real man can drive a Prius?

This, from a Michigander?

I don't think much of the Tigers or the Lions either....

I flunked "Mandatory Tribalism" in High School....

Too busy doing Home Ec homework, obviously. Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2016, 09:28 AM
(09-02-2016 09:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 09:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't think much of the Tigers or the Lions either....

I flunked "Mandatory Tribalism" in High School....

Too busy doing Home Ec homework, obviously. Laughat

Funny you mention that... I enrolled in home ec.... I went there the first day of my sophmore year -- and was told I couldn't take the class.....

I took shit for it.... "Faggot wants to take home ec.. gonna wear a dress"????

This from jocks -- who liked showering naked with other guys....

Go figure..

I just wanted to have easy access to all the girls....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-02-2016, 09:37 AM
lol, I came up in that same era. I remember as a boy, maybe eight or nine, walking into the kitchen where my dad was cooking, can't remember what, maybe a pot of chili.

I started teasing him about doing "woman's work", until he set his spoon down, turned around and told me, "Boy, I ain't got no respect for a man who can't feed himself."

I still stayed the Hell away from Home Ec -- didn't start teaching myself to cook until my twenties.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-02-2016, 09:58 AM
(08-02-2016 02:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  For anyone:
What does being a "real man" mean to you?

Well a real man would be a man. To me a real man would be one who could defend himself, add worth to society, and have control over his emotions. Yet again I consider a real woman like that as well.

(08-02-2016 02:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Do you think that boys are lacking in this training in our current times and culture as opposed to previous cultural and historical times?

Yes. Now somethings men used to do should be left in the past, but letting boys be boys and be the rough, competitive, and risky people that they are will let them grow up healthier then if we told them not to be.

Some questions for the men here:
(08-02-2016 02:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Where or from whom, did you learn to be a man?

No where, most of these manly traits are just part of our nature.
(08-02-2016 02:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Are you still learning, is it an ongoing thing?

Nah fam
(08-02-2016 02:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Did you have an ideal man that you tried to emulate?

Well I am competitive and I try to compete with other males in terms of strength, because if I don't, sex might as well be none existent.

(08-02-2016 02:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Do you try to teach/share that to other young males/boys?

You can teach them how to do things right, but as for what males usually are, you might as well teach a cat how to meow.

(08-02-2016 03:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Not being threatened by a woman of equal footing.

Men are threatened by anyone of equal footing, this is something we can't help. Though we can make sure the guy doesn't go a wall trying to become better.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-02-2016, 10:40 AM
So what I get from this is that we all see it's meaningless as a general label, but suffices as a sort of catch-all for a degree of self-actualisation. And that most peoples' answers don't particularly include any sex or gender specific component, further reinforcing the preceeding...

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
09-02-2016, 10:56 AM
(09-02-2016 09:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A real man can drive a Prius?

This, from a Michigander?

Why not? I drive a Honda.

One of my friends was giving me a hard time after I bought it.

Him: "Just think about what's going to happen when it goes into a union shop to be repaired by union workers."

Me: That's why I bought a Honda. It won't need to go into the shop. Tongue

Him: Angry

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
09-02-2016, 11:33 AM
(09-02-2016 09:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  lol, I came up in that same era. I remember as a boy, maybe eight or nine, walking into the kitchen where my dad was cooking, can't remember what, maybe a pot of chili.

I started teasing him about doing "woman's work", until he set his spoon down, turned around and told me, "Boy, I ain't got no respect for a man who can't feed himself."

I still stayed the Hell away from Home Ec -- didn't start teaching myself to cook until my twenties.

That's too bad because in Home Ec the guys got all the attention and dates.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
09-02-2016, 11:34 AM
(09-02-2016 10:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  So what I get from this is that we all see it's meaningless as a general label, but suffices as a sort of catch-all for a degree of self-actualisation. And that most peoples' answers don't particularly include any sex or gender specific component, further reinforcing the preceeding...

Not all see it as meaningless. Maybe you missed some.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
09-02-2016, 11:41 AM
(09-02-2016 11:34 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 10:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  So what I get from this is that we all see it's meaningless as a general label, but suffices as a sort of catch-all for a degree of self-actualisation. And that most peoples' answers don't particularly include any sex or gender specific component, further reinforcing the preceeding...

Not all see it as meaningless. Maybe you missed some.

Meaningless insofar as it's not abstractly proscriptive.

... this is my signature!
09-02-2016, 11:54 AM
(09-02-2016 11:33 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 09:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  lol, I came up in that same era. I remember as a boy, maybe eight or nine, walking into the kitchen where my dad was cooking, can't remember what, maybe a pot of chili.

That's too bad because in Home Ec the guys got all the attention and dates.

I KNEW it!!!!

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post