What Does "Being A Real Man" Mean To You?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: What Does "Being A Real Man" Mean To You?
(11-02-2016 07:25 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can see throw like a girl, but girls are on average physically weaker then men, so it is a harsher way of saying dude your weak.
It's generally spoken when a boy throws in an uncoordinated way. Like a right hander trying to throw with their left hand. It almost becomes a shotput heave than a throw.

But girls aren't always weaker than the boys.

Have you heard of Valerie Adams? I doubt anyone on this forum could throw further than her.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Holly Mangold snatches Girly's 100 kg ass overhead in one move. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-02-2016, 01:12 PM
(11-02-2016 12:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 07:25 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can see throw like a girl, but girls are on average physically weaker then men, so it is a harsher way of saying dude your weak.
It's generally spoken when a boy throws in an uncoordinated way. Like a right hander trying to throw with their left hand. It almost becomes a shotput heave than a throw.

But girls aren't always weaker than the boys.

Have you heard of Valerie Adams? I doubt anyone on this forum could throw further than her.

Impressive, but showing some strong women doesn't dismiss the fact men on average are stronger than women, physically

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-02-2016, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 01:46 PM by jennybee.)
(11-02-2016 09:49 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 07:25 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't get how these are derogatory, especially don't be a pussy. I mean that would mean don't be a dick would be derogatory. I can see throw like a girl, but girls are on average physically weaker then men, so it is a harsher way of saying dude your weak. I can understand why people don't like it though.

"Don't be a dick." is a gender based and sexist derogatory statement. All gender based insults are sexist and derogatory. Any statement that says "you are lesser then because of your gender is sexist and an insult. So yes, "you throw like a girl" is a gender based insult when used towards a male. When you call someone a pussy, a cunt or a dick it's a gender based and sexist remark. I don't use these because of that and I don't join discussions where this kind of denigration is used.

I consider it like this: If, "yes, it's an insult because girls are lesser than boys and being called a girl is an insult" then I don't use it. The same applies to using male gender as an insult, even though there are much fewer male gender insults than female.

Your gender should never be used as an insult. We have no control over our gender, it is not an insult to be one or the other and it's very ignorant, since people should be criticized or insulted for their behaviors, not their physical descriptions. Your physical appearance or gender is not hurtful to anyone, only your behaviors are.

I refuse to communicate with people who are so ignorant that they resort to gender insults.

I think it's based on intent as to whether or not something is derogatory. I do use terms (and used one in my post) "don't be dick," "put on your big girl panties," "calm your tits," "don't be a pussy," and my new fave "get the sand out of your vagina." But I use all of these terms with my male and female friends interchangeably and I mean them in a joking fashion. I would agree that using terms like this in a serious fashion with the intent to verbally hurt another person is wrong. I don't think verbal abuse of any form is ever okay. However, with friends, I see no issue with telling my female friend who is being self-defeatist or whatever to get the sand out of her vagina. To me it's like saying to her: Don't be what society expects us to be like. Fight that stereotype. Suck it up like I know you can and move on.

I would agree the terms pussy or vagina can be viewed by some as weak (i.e. Stevil's example of "you throw like a girl") and therefore, sexist and derogatory. To me though, I don't really view statements like this as sexist or derogatory. To me, it is less derogatory and more of a societal statement. What I mean is that society does not typically teach women how to fight or be physical or run really fast or push themselves physically to extremes (all of which they are capable of). Little girls take dance classes and little boys go to football. At least this has been my experience where I grew up. No wonder women don't know how to harness their physicality and kick some ass since we are not reared that way in many cases. Women are taught it's okay to cry whereas men are typically taught to suck it up. Therefore, women are viewed by society as the softer, weaker sex.

When my Krav Maga instructor tells me I was fighting like a girl-it actually pushes me further to kick his ass. I know he does this on purpose because he knows it puts a fire in me and he knows what I am capable of--fighting harder and stronger--the way *society* would view a man to do.

I guess my point is that yes, these terms can be derogatory if that is where the intent is coming from. I also agree that I don't think it necessarily helps society's view of women to use these terms in a negative fashion. However, the bottom line is: Society is the problem. Women are reared to be the weaker sex, more emotional and men are raised the exact opposite. These terms are just a reflection of society's view of the female sex and are unfortunately, in some cases, accurate, due to how women are raised. I would love to see more women in videos like Girly posted. Changing how women are raised is going to help eradicate the use of these terms. Again, I can certainly see where you are coming from in viewing these terms as derogatory, for me, they actually push me further to prove a guy and society wrong.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-02-2016, 01:22 PM
(11-02-2016 12:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Holly Mangold snatches Girly's 100 kg ass overhead in one move. Hobo

Popcorn

She may be strong but she probably shoots like a girl.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Watch a woman have a baby and then call a vagina weak. LOL
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-02-2016, 02:15 PM
(11-02-2016 01:16 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Women are reared to be the weaker sex, more emotional and men are raised the exact opposite.

depends what you mean weaker? Also men are more emotional than women, however men deal with emotions buy hiding them, while females will communicate to deal with their emotions. I lost the source that showed that females are ,on average, way better with social and communication skills than men. I mean even within the guys I know, even being raised to express emotions, they don't do it often. Hell I am one of them. This is why you might see females express there emotions more, but they don't go off the chain like men do.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-02-2016, 02:21 PM
(11-02-2016 01:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Impressive, but showing some strong women doesn't dismiss the fact men on average are stronger than women, physically
I never made that claim though.

All I am saying is that Valerie is a woman and she throws like a woman, because she is one.

If someone implies that throwing like a girl (or woman) means something deficient then they don't know what throwing like a girl actual means.
11-02-2016, 02:23 PM
(11-02-2016 02:21 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 01:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Impressive, but showing some strong women doesn't dismiss the fact men on average are stronger than women, physically
I never made that claim though.

All I am saying is that Valerie is a woman and she throws like a woman, because she is one.

If someone implies that throwing like a girl (or woman) means something deficient then they don't know what throwing like a girl actual means.

Well she is a woman after all, much different from a girl.

11-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Winning the last person to posts wins thread duh. If you don't win in this thread , your life is in vain.HoboWink

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post