What Game Scared You The Most To Play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
What Game Scared You The Most To Play
Have you play a game that made you scared to play it because of how it was made? For example the lighting, creatures, etc? The games that scared me the most while playing them were Metro 2033, and Doom 3. The lighting and sound effects just amplifies the tension, especially if you have a good set of headphones. In spite of my fear, I think that is what makes those games just that much better to play. And to think I played Fallout 3 in crouch mode the first time I played it because I was afraid of everything that wasn't human. What a puss....Laugh out load

Science investigates, religion interprets.

I got my first like....[Image: weeping.gif] Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: What Game Scared You The Most To Play
Dead space is the only game I had to quit playing. I would play it by myself with all the lights off and it started giving me anxiety so I quit playing it. It is the only game that's ever made me jump, fuck that game is scary.
01-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh that's easy, Amnesia. Doom 3 was more jump scares not that it takes anything away from it. Got me many times.
01-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Scared by a computer game? Really? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Bloody Murder... oh, you mean vidia games.. Vidia games hmmm.

Silent Hill games were probably the only thing that just being creepy enough and having such shoty control that it made me afraid.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-02-2013, 11:32 PM
(01-02-2013 01:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  Scared by a computer game? Really? Consider
Typical old timer...

What is hard to imagine? Movies scare people all the time. Video games are movies that you are actually controling and thus more into and more concentration and focus.

And besides, you've obviously never played Dead Space.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
01-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Condemned II : Bloodshot

srs. My heart raced thought most of it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
01-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Zelda.

The fact that people actually play that shit scares the shit out of me.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
02-02-2013, 12:03 AM
(01-02-2013 01:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  Scared by a computer game? Really? Consider
Yes, REALLY! haha

In the list of games that legitimately made amazing use of their surround sound and element of surprise in order (mind you when they first came out):

- Resident Evil
- Silent Hill
- Clive Barker's: Undying
- Doom 3
- Deadspace

When those games all first came out they were far ahead in the world of graphics and with a great set of headphones or good surround sound and lights off early morning game play... they did a great job scaring you, surprising you or just making you constantly paranoid something was around the corner. Good shit.

I'd say if I had to choose one that went well above the reset I'd say Resident Evil was pretty darn good when it came out. I recall I wasn't allowed to play my cousin's playstation since all he had was "violent video games" - one day I got to stay the day over there when he bought resident evil. My parents and his parents went up town for errands, we turned off the lights and started up resident evil. Scared the shit out of me. I think I'd have been 10 or 11 at the time.

I also recall when I had a 3DO there was a game called "Alone in the dark" - the graphics would be considered terrible now, but there was always suspicious things, things lurking around and you were always running away from something.
02-02-2013, 03:16 AM
There has been a lot of games that have made me jump but the best by far for me has to be FEAR 2. That game just fucked with you constantly.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.