What Game Scared You The Most To Play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 02:15 AM
RE: What Game Scared You The Most To Play
(05-02-2013 01:49 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  The last thing that scared me in a game was the yeti in SkiFree... Then I grew up. Since then I've tried to find things that scare me in media, but haven't been successful. I have tried Slender and Amnesia, but without the fear element, they're pretty bad. I find disinterest in horror movies, and sleep through paranormal films, but that's because even watching society perpetuate superstitious nonsense like ghosts and souls makes me a bit grumpy. I'd like to see more realistic sci-fi movies where the mighty US army CANT defeat technologically advanced aliens... Or just see more movies where the aliens (who obviously figured out how to get here) aren't stupid azzholes.

What I really need to get scared, is REAL danger. Skiing/boarding/mountain-biking at my absolute limit, sky-diving, etc.
Wow. I'd be so miserable if I couldnt even occasionally use my ability to practice suspension of disbelief.

I'm so sorry. No

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Didn't scare me, but Eternal Darkness Sanities Requiem really screwed with my head.
05-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I didn't finish Doom 3. It got to be too stressful, worrying that every step is going to be a jump scare. Always too dark. No ability to use a flashlight and a gun at the same time- seriously find some duct tape and tape the light to your shoulder or something. It's the future and there's no tac lights or anything?
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
05-02-2013, 03:45 PM
They put out a new version of Doom 3 and of the changes one is flashlight/gun at the same time. I haven't played it though.
05-02-2013, 05:10 PM
(05-02-2013 11:49 AM)kineo Wrote:  I didn't finish Doom 3. It got to be too stressful, worrying that every step is going to be a jump scare. Always too dark. No ability to use a flashlight and a gun at the same time- seriously find some duct tape and tape the light to your shoulder or something. It's the future and there's no tac lights or anything?
Why would you need a gun when you have the almighty flashlight? Seriously. That thing was better than the chainsaw.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
08-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Wolfenstein, Doom (2,3) and slender are on my list... those may be older games now but still get the same fear from them as I did when I first played them.
08-02-2013, 06:20 AM
-Amnesia: The Dark Descent
-Dead Space 2
-Doom 3 & Resurrection of Evil
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
-Resident Evil (Gamecube remake)
-Resident Evil Zero

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
08-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Its been mentioned a few times but the dead space games creeped me out more then a few times. Ds2 when you have to go through the nursary had one of the creepiest feels for any game i've played.

It also has one of my favorite openings where you are in a straightjacket helpless while necromorphs are everywhere. Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post