What I Like About ... You.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 07:52 AM
What I Like About ... You.
Not long after I joined, KC did a "post here and I'll tell you what I think of you" epic thread.

As a n00b, it was very useful for getting to know people (if, in retrospect, it was a little bit too polite sometimes).

This is not one of those threads.

This thread is about exercising my Stark-given right to freedom of expression to show my appreciation of some of you, intermittently, as the whim takes me, without being limited to 250 characters.

There's only so much one can convey in a rep comment and also my innate pettiness and vanity prevents me from updating a rep comment if I was the first to notice new talent.

Feel free to take advantage of this thread to add your own extended-rep comments.

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
11-07-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: What I Like About ... You.
What I like about ... WhiskeyDebates

Although he is a master of the one-line gems such as:

Quote:I would sooner ask my shoes for information on science.
Quote:... starve to death trying to cut your food with a napkin.
Quote:people like you are looking backwards 2000+ years trying to glean knowledge from a group of people who lived in a time when they shit in their water supply

... that's just part of the charm and is not the character trait that I want to highlight.

Of course, we are often treated to a more elaborate, dazzlingly vitriolic run-on-sentence, such as:

Quote:What you actually meant to say was:
"I'm tired of having my ass kicked, my assertions challenged, my shitty analogies exposed, and it hurts my feelings when people tear down the strawmen I worked so hard to build that I'm gonna bail on this thread like a coward without addressing one motherfucking criticism, while answering no questions asked of me, and without defending a single one of my bald faced assertions all while giving a bullshit excuse THEN I'm gonna start a new thread free of all my responsibilities and that pesky burden of proof and I'm gonna try and argue the same point, but I'm gonna pretend I'm actually not, however I'm gonna do it in an indirect, dishonest, and deliberately misleading way by tricking people into admitting I'm "correct" about the last thread using nothing more than an other shitty comparison to two wildly different situations with wildly different claims that only work if I ignore all other factors and evidence in a wildly flagrant display of confirmation bias because I'm that kinda ignorant cocksucker. I'm also gonna continue to use Occam's Razor incorrectly, despite having its correct usage explained to me in very small words, and only apply it to what I want to apply it to because fuck having an actual debate based in evidence and a consistent application of logic, I wanna convince myself I'm right and that an entire community of rational, skeptical, objective, evidence-based thinkers is wrong and that my emotional investment in my obsession is justified! Who cares if I can't get so much as a single like for my personal brand of crazy, everyone else is wrong and I'm right goddammit!"

... but that's not what I'm talking about either.

So is it the rarity of a murikan who gets irony? Well, yes, that's impressive too but the main thing I appreciate is his patience.

I don't know if it's deliberate or something more serendipitous but the effect is the same so who cares.

If you caught the forum lounge interviews conducted by A2, there was a regular question which was something like "what's wrong with the forum?" ... the oft-given answer (from Reltzik and others) decried the tendency to blitz the arrogant / ignorant new member and put them on the defensive.

The impact of this, admittedly cathartic, approach is that those of us who genuinely wish to find out why or how some people become so utterly delusional or find out what they actually believe and how certain they are in that belief (and maybe try some gentle street epistemology) don't get the chance.

Well, you may not have noticed but WD holds back... almost like he's waiting for the conversationalists to give up and go home.

He's obviously well-trained but does not need to wait for a command; he'll just wait for the right moment.

Then ... BANG!

[Image: Kvqoxw9.jpg]

Makes me feel like ...

[Image: sansa_ramsay_dogs.0.gif]

Well played, sir. Well played.

Bowing

[+] 19 users Like DLJ's post
11-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Quote:What you actually meant to say was:
"I'm tired of having my ass kicked, my assertions challenged, my shitty analogies exposed, and it hurts my feelings when people tear down the strawmen I worked so hard to build that I'm gonna bail on this thread like a coward without addressing one motherfucking criticism, while answering no questions asked of me, and without defending a single one of my bald faced assertions all while giving a bullshit excuse THEN I'm gonna start a new thread free of all my responsibilities and that pesky burden of proof and I'm gonna try and argue the same point, but I'm gonna pretend I'm actually not, however I'm gonna do it in an indirect, dishonest, and deliberately misleading way by tricking people into admitting I'm "correct" about the last thread using nothing more than an other shitty comparison to two wildly different situations with wildly different claims that only work if I ignore all other factors and evidence in a wildly flagrant display of confirmation bias because I'm that kinda ignorant cocksucker. I'm also gonna continue to use Occam's Razor incorrectly, despite having its correct usage explained to me in very small words, and only apply it to what I want to apply it to because fuck having an actual debate based in evidence and a consistent application of logic, I wanna convince myself I'm right and that an entire community of rational, skeptical, objective, evidence-based thinkers is wrong and that my emotional investment in my obsession is justified! Who cares if I can't get so much as a single like for my personal brand of crazy, everyone else is wrong and I'm right goddammit!"

Omg, how can something so brutal be so beautiful? That's was one big can of whoopass opened. I wonder whose soul it was that got crushed in such a magnificent way?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 6 users Like Slowminded's post
11-07-2016, 11:17 AM
(10-07-2016 10:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:34 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Since Jesus is the Creator of angels he is more powerful than any angel and any religion created by sick angels. This is why miracles of Christianity are more powerful than miracles of all other religions combined.

The dream of John Lennon is a nightmare. We need Christianity to go to Heaven. Imagine all the humanity go to Hell because of lack of Christianity. Definitively a nightmare.

What you call zombie invasion I call righteous people exiting their graves and hovering in city. Amazed that atheists know these details.

How are you even alive right now, shouldn't you be trying to warm your bath water with a toaster? You are just powerfully stupid kiddo.

HeartLaugh out loadHeartLaugh out loadHeart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
11-07-2016, 11:27 AM
The "Napkin Observation" will forever be a classic.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
11-07-2016, 11:59 AM
So, are DLJ and Whiskey a couple now? Angel

Whiskey's posts are always a delight to read!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
11-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Does Whiskey keep you warm at night? I think so!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like WillHopp's post
11-07-2016, 12:24 PM
(11-07-2016 12:14 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  

I was gonna post that but I didn't wanna take Girly's thing.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-07-2016, 12:47 PM
WD uses insults and profanity like an artist using a canvas and paint brush. Always entertaining.
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
11-07-2016, 12:54 PM
(11-07-2016 12:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 12:14 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  

I was gonna post that but I didn't wanna take Girly's thing.

I wouldn't take Girly's thing either. At first I read your post and thought it said "touch" instead of take. And I thought, I DEFINITELY don't want to touch Girly's thing!!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post