What I Like About ... You.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: What I Like About ... You.
(11-07-2016 12:54 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 12:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I was gonna post that but I didn't wanna take Girly's thing.

I wouldn't take Girly's thing either. At first I read your post and thought it said "touch" instead of take. And I thought, I DEFINITELY don't want to touch Girly's thing!!!

Why not? You scared? I think you're protesting a bit too much and you saw it as "touch" because your subconscious is trying to tell you something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
11-07-2016, 01:26 PM
So rarely we show to the people around us how much we appreciate them.

Momsurroundedbyboys

Must be funny coming from a 40 y/o man talking about somebody on the internet forum but I really see Mom as a motherly figure. I imagine her watching over us like we are hers sometimes naughty children.

I know that even a hint of reprimand in her tone makes me back off and I feel like I should go in the corner and be ashamed of myself for a while. Laugh out load

Just seeing her reading the thread makes me behave myself.
This doesn't have anything to do with her being a mod , her authority over me comes from...idk...I guess she for some reason reminds me of my mother that I lost way too soon.

Love you Mom, sorry if I ever piss you off. Heart

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 23 users Like Slowminded's post
11-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Damned thread title. Angry I keep thinking of a parody song called What I Like About Jews. I thought it was a Weird Al Yankovic but it's not.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-07-2016, 03:25 PM
I'll pick Thumpalumpacus. He's a muso, a deep thinker and a perfect gent. Plus I agree with him a lot of the time. Aww fuck. I wanna mention so many people... How the fuck are we supposed to do this DLJ? It's too much like hard work. Dammit.

Actually DLJ's not a bad human being himself. Weirdo, naturally. Some kinda management guru. I suspect if I could ever fathom wtf he's talking about when he goes into management speak mode I might just bring about world peace. Or maybe it'd all go to hell and we could do a last "But I TRUSTED you" scene where I blame it all on him.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
11-07-2016, 03:59 PM
(11-07-2016 01:26 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  So rarely we show to the people around us how much we appreciate them.

Momsurroundedbyboys

Must be funny coming from a 40 y/o man talking about somebody on the internet forum but I really see Mom as a motherly figure. I imagine her watching over us like we are hers sometimes naughty children.

I know that even a hint of reprimand in her tone makes me back off and I feel like I should go in the corner and be ashamed of myself for a while. Laugh out load

This doesn't have anything to do with her being a mod , her authority over me comes from...idk...I guess she for some reason reminds me of my mother that I lost way too soon.

It felt kinda wrong for me to *like* this, but I did. Blush Thank you so much for your kind words Slowminded. Seriously. I feel so inadequate to form a reply...that's not a regular thing for me. Usually I know what to say, so I'll just leave with thank you from the bottom of my heart. Heart

I love the funny (often punny) people here who make me smile -- you're definitely one of them. Smile The people who add the right amount of snark coupled with sweetness often get my attention.

I don't think you've ever pissed me off, few here have actually.

It's hard for me to name specific people because I really do just adore most people here -- for completely different reasons.

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 14 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-07-2016, 04:33 PM
(11-07-2016 03:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 01:26 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  So rarely we show to the people around us how much we appreciate them.

Momsurroundedbyboys

It felt kinda wrong for me to *like* this, but I did. Blush Thank you so much for your kind words Slowminded. Seriously. I feel so inadequate to form a reply...that's not a regular thing for me. Usually I know what to say, so I'll just leave with thank you from the bottom of my heart. Heart

I love the funny (often punny) people here who make me smile -- you're definitely one of them. Smile The people who add the right amount of snark coupled with sweetness often get my attention.

I don't think you've ever pissed me off, few here have actually.

It's hard for me to name specific people because I really do just adore most people here -- for completely different reasons.

Heart

Hug Heart

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
I have to say that one of my favorites around here is:

GIRLYMAN

I don't think I need to list the reasons why. Wink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 14 users Like Anjele's post
11-07-2016, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 06:34 PM by Full Circle.)
(11-07-2016 04:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to say that one of my favorites around here is:

GIRLYMAN

I don't think I need to list the reasons why. Wink

Let me take a stab at it Anjele.

I would equate Girly to Buddha, both physically (can you say fundoshi) and intellectually.

To me he is sometimes an enigma, liking posters I would as soon put on ignore, finding humor in the humorless and it intrigues me to the point of questioning myself and my own thinking.

There is the sentimental and caring Girly, the first one to give a bear hug when one is desperately needed as well as the satirical Girly giving a bear hug where one is completely out of place.

And then there is the deep philosophical Girly who weaves deep thinking with the flair of a bon vivant, a master of the written word, I leave you with a few of my favorite examples.

"There is a vast immeasurable and impassable sea of ignorance between an uninformed opinion based solely on a wish and a prayer and an educated best-guess based on rational theories with plausible mechanisms of action informed by the evidence as presented by our current ability and technology to measure. The former is for children, the latter for adults. Chronological age not withstanding.”

"Religion is going extinct and what we are witnessing today are just the violent spasms commonly associated with death throes. It is collapsing under the weight of its own irrelevance.”

“...my religious friends don’t give a shit that I don't believe in a postmortem preservation of identity and I don't give a shit that they do."

"Plausible is generally accepted to mean a coherent explanation, as judged by a reasonable individual, of how the mind could possibly exist without the body and how they could possibly interact. Arguments for dualism are not only untenable, they are generally incoherent.”

"Beliefs are unfounded, like by definition and shit. If they have foundation we consider them facts, not beliefs.”

"There is nothing but coincidence. Causality is an illusion.”

Here’s to you brother man.

[Image: Real_Bear_Hug.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 18 users Like Full Circle's post
11-07-2016, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 06:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
Thanks AngelFromFtWorth and Circumference. Blush

What I like about The Q Contradiction and WailoftheWaif is that they left and haven't come back.

What I like about KUSA is that he has realized it's more fun to dick with each other than to provoke each other.

What I don't like about BlowMe is that he left and came back.

#sigh
[+] 14 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-07-2016, 06:55 PM
(11-07-2016 07:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If you caught the forum lounge interviews conducted by A2...
Thanks for reminding me of this series Thumbsup
I think I've only listened to like 3 or 4 of them, but that was a while ago. I'll have to add these to the front of my podcast backlog.
Shoutout to Dark Light and Atothetheist for your work on this great podcast. Thumbsup

Also, goodwithoutgod, every time I rummage through your invaluable resource thread, I'm always impressed (and a lil jealous) with the depth and breadth of your research.
If I were a zombie, I'd devour your brain first Heart

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 5 users Like cactus's post