What I Like About ... You.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2016, 01:02 AM
RE: What I Like About ... You.
(06-08-2016 09:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  RocketSurgeon76 amazes me. He knows a hell of a lot about a hell of a lot. He puts it all together in a sensible manner. He almost never loses his cool when he's dealing with one of the twatwaffles here ... but when he does, that's entertaining and educational too.

When you add to that what he's learnt from his life experiences, how he can grow past bitterness to be who he is is just astounding.
He is consistently positive, taking the high road and then giving a hand up so others can join him there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
07-08-2016, 01:36 AM
You know?

In a phrase, he commands my respect.
07-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Okay, here's one...Free Thought

One of the younger members of the forum though he has been around a long time. He is quite smart, funny, intuitive, and becoming a talented photographer.

He interacts with a wide variety of people here and on a wide variety of topics. His posts are well-written and well thought out. He has an often unexpected, wonderful way with the humor he weaves into some of his posts.

I always look forward to reading what he has to say and try not to miss out on any of his posts. Best of all, he has the same wit over SKYPE which shows that it's natural and not something that he works at specifically for certain posts.

One of my favorites here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
07-08-2016, 02:52 PM
YAKHERDER

Dude has a grim and gritty way of speaking the truth. The type of dude who you would want in a zombie apocalyspe or on your side in a confrontation.

All written in an eloquent and logical way.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 10 users Like bemore's post
07-08-2016, 04:04 PM
And now for a musical interlude.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-08-2016, 04:18 PM
I have avoided this thread because I find it difficult to count an individual out.
People such as Anjele, Mom, DLJ, Chas, Szuchow (Who I've admired since he first joined), Earmuffs (Because I so get his wit and humour, Jennybee, Adey for his compassion, Skyking for his sincerity, Rocket because he's just awesome, Thumpa (Even though he's a guitarist)

Q: What do you throw a drowning guitarist?

A: His amp. Big Grin

My lost good friend Nishi. His compassion really only came across in our Skype conversations. Such a waste and a shock it nearly killed me.

Gawdzilla for the eagles.

Nurse. My reasons for this are many. Mainly I know how hard she works and how unappreciated she can be "Can you move my tissues dear?". What I've seen nurses go through would break your heart. It take a special kind of person.

To me, Nurse is very special.

Smercury, even though she's been hiding in the shadows lately. Grrrrrr No

Stark because he obviously cares a great deal.

Genesis Nemesis. He's young and sincere and I am awfully concerned about his current situation with his dad. Nice guy

GWG because he knows his stuff and rarely loses his cool.

Bows and arrows. This is a complaint. You ain't online enough! Weeping

ClydelLee. I agree with DLJ.

Black eagle. I am damned worried. Even when at my worst he would offer support even through his own suffering. Huh

Jdog. Simply because I really like him.

Freethought. He gives me hope and I wish I could convince him not to underestimate himself. There is so much potential there.

The Gulegon. Very smart and kind while also having the ability to bite. Smile

Peebothulhul. Damn fine man and a good writer and poet. This guy even took me to and from hospital once.

Losty. For the wonderful welcome I was given at AF and for just being so freaking nice! Smile

Online biker. I like his lack of BS. He's got a dark sense of humour too. Smile

Fireball. Always positive and helpful.

The Organic chemist. Just for being the Organic chemist.

Look, I could go on. What it comes down to is this, people support each other here. I think of each of the regulars as my friend and so many have helped me through some pretty rough times.

You know I once had a delicate situation to deal with. So I PM'd DLJ. His advice was well thought out and considered. I felt truluy honoured. What a Legend.

Chas too.

There is not enough room here to include everyone and if I missed you, that is the only reason.

With love and thanks. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 11 users Like Banjo's post
07-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Two more, and this is weird.

Pop's. I see him as an innocent in all this mess. He means well at heart.

Tomasia. Yes he can be a smartarse and a pain. But he is not a Heywood. Whom I despise.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-08-2016, 07:56 PM
(06-08-2016 09:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  RocketSurgeon76 amazes me. He knows a hell of a lot about a hell of a lot. He puts it all together in a sensible manner. He almost never loses his cool when he's dealing with one of the twatwaffles here ... but when he does, that's entertaining and educational too.

When you add to that what he's learnt from his life experiences, how he can grow past bitterness to be who he is is just astounding.

Seconded (or thirded, or whatever. I'm not counting). If he gets to a theological thread before me, chances are, he posts exactly what I was going to, but probably explained better.

Also, from everything I've seen outside of here, he adores his family and seems like a great dad/husband.
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-08-2016, 08:36 PM
There are too many to choose from D:
I need more time, but I will be back

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
08-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Millionth-ing RocketSurgeon. Same reasons as everyone else, but I think all the qualities are perfectly exemplified in his long reply to Pasadi about Kent Hovind, here. And how he's patiently trying to explain why Pasadi is crazy, but never calls him crazy.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post