What I Think Happens After We Die

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2012, 12:45 AM

Wink What I Think Happens After We Die
Okay, here it goes:

We live this life to learn lessons we will use in the next phase of existence. I call that phase the "Lucid Spiritual Plane."

Our lucid spiritual plane is like a lucid dream, only we never wake up from it--because we're dead.

This is based on the idea (for which there is a lot of evidence) that our consciousness is not an emergent phenomena of our neural activity but rather is external to our mind and brain. Like this:

Monistic Entity of Fundamental Consciousness--Soul--Mind--Brain--Body--Environment

The soul contains memories and volition and it co-creates the mind with the actions of the brain. Upon death there are some aspects of mind that remain with the soul which is always on its lucid spiritual plane, but while we live it is unconscious of if mostly--dreams, especially lucid dreams occur as a result of our becoming a little more conscious of it when when we shut down our sense to some degree during sleep.

Two things can happen when we die and become lucid on our spiritual plane. We can turn it into heaven or we can turn it into hell. Because the Divine (the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness) does not want to experience hell, reincarnation occurs in that instance. Thus we come back to live here again and learn the lessons we need to learn to make our lucid spiritual plane work out.

One important thing to keep in mind is that when we are dead and lucid in our spiritual plane we are not who we are currently seeing in the mirror. We are in fact the amalgamation of the many lifetimes we have lived.

So, what do you think? Goodevil
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: What I Think Happens After We Die
I think I'm a computational node of universal processing momentarily locked in the static position of I, a waveform in a particulate body. Like if you take a fractal generator and set the parameters to a certain value, a pattern emerges. All I am, number made flesh, emergent property of entropy and complexity, and all there is, is now. No before, no after, the past and the future merely ripples that propagate from the flow of time encountering the inertia of being.

Not that I am learning through incarnation something that can be gotten rightly or wrongly, rather that the universe is learning through experiencing I.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-05-2012, 03:30 AM
there's is no evidence that our minds are external as opposed as an emergent phenomena of our brain activity. If there is please post it, I never found anything convincing Confused

But even if that were true, there's no way of knowing what would happen to us after we die, that same soul (that I'm just accepting for the sake of conversation) may also vanish into the randomness of entropy. Sadly (or maybe not) there's no way for us, currently at least, to know what happens after we die.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
13-05-2012, 03:49 AM
I think we live this life to enjoy it, and to serve others. When we die I think we enrich the ground with our nutrients, and enrich the lives of others in with their memories of us and with the knowledge and substance we produced during our lives.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
13-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Since there is not ONE SHRED of evidence that consciousness exists apart from "neural activity", THIS is what happens when we die.

http://www.google.com/search?q=picture+of+dead+body&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LaivT8-nJIKO8wSJ-KTRCA&sqi=2&ved=0CGEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=603

In fact, there are mountains of evidence to show that damage to "neural activity" impedes and in fact ends the conscious processes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_damage

Therefore, "Live well, Laugh Often, Love much"

(BTW, consciousness would be a "phenomenon", the plural is "phenomena").

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

13-05-2012, 06:51 AM
(13-05-2012 06:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  THIS is what happens when we die.

ain't no we in die
only i

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-05-2012, 07:23 AM
(13-05-2012 12:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Okay, here it goes:

We live this life to learn lessons we will use in the next phase of existence. I call that phase the "Lucid Spiritual Plane."

Our lucid spiritual plane is like a lucid dream, only we never wake up from it--because we're dead.

This is based on the idea (for which there is a lot of evidence) that our consciousness is not an emergent phenomena of our neural activity but rather is external to our mind and brain. Like this:

Monistic Entity of Fundamental Consciousness--Soul--Mind--Brain--Body--Environment

The soul contains memories and volition and it co-creates the mind with the actions of the brain. Upon death there are some aspects of mind that remain with the soul which is always on its lucid spiritual plane, but while we live it is unconscious of if mostly--dreams, especially lucid dreams occur as a result of our becoming a little more conscious of it when when we shut down our sense to some degree during sleep.

Two things can happen when we die and become lucid on our spiritual plane. We can turn it into heaven or we can turn it into hell. Because the Divine (the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness) does not want to experience hell, reincarnation occurs in that instance. Thus we come back to live here again and learn the lessons we need to learn to make our lucid spiritual plane work out.

One important thing to keep in mind is that when we are dead and lucid in our spiritual plane we are not who we are currently seeing in the mirror. We are in fact the amalgamation of the many lifetimes we have lived.

So, what do you think? Goodevil
I think that this a belief based on absolutely no evidence. You're welcome to believe it, but don't be surprised when you can't convince anyone else.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
13-05-2012, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2012 11:20 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-05-2012 06:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-05-2012 06:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  THIS is what happens when we die.
ain't no we in die
only i

Yabut, I'm still Dangling in The Tournefortia. Don' need ta wait, ta find out
. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

13-05-2012, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2012 11:26 AM by bemore.)
Im intriqued at your change of direction Egor......... I wonder at what (if anything in the material world) has touched you so profoundly that you wish to explore your spirituality from different angles..... Im not expecting you to share as it can be very personal and sometimes cannot be put into words anyway.

I think this video........in some ways relevant to the subject (as in death we all have to "drop ourselves") you may enjoy as you continue your exploration.

If we are truely an amalgamation of different lifes/experiences of one "soul" (the piece of conciousness we identify as ourselves) then who are you??? (like the video I qouted asks to explore)

Because if the soul is timeless, endless and lives through many different lifes and exists (maybe) temporarily without a body between incarnations then that would indicate that we dont know ourselves........ our TRUE selves.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
13-05-2012, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2012 12:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-05-2012 11:10 AM)bemore Wrote:  Im intriqued at your change of direction Egor......... I wonder at what (if anything in the material world) has touched you so profoundly that you wish to explore your spirituality from different angles.....

Think he just doesn't want to be an asshole anymore. That's good enough for me. Wink

(13-05-2012 11:10 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think this video........in some ways relevant to the subject (as in death we all have to "drop ourselves") you may enjoy as you continue your exploration.

You've "dropped" this one here before, bemore. Wink It's very good. Thumbsup

(13-05-2012 11:10 AM)bemore Wrote:  Because if the soul is timeless, endless and lives through many different lifes and exists (maybe) temporarily without a body between incarnations then that would indicate that we dont know ourselves........ our TRUE selves.

Whatever I truly am, it is simultaneously much much less and much much more than I can possibly imagine.

(13-05-2012 12:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Okay, here it goes: ... So, what do you think? Goodevil

I see very little difference between that and breaking the cycle of rebirth as suggested by Hinduism and Buddhism.

Personally, I'm a computer programmer and like the InternetMullah in his thread, I am easily seduced into thinking of myself as a program (or more accurately process) running inside of an operating system. Unlike the InternetMullah, I don't think the program that resulted in this process is deterministic and its state can be reconstructed even when given the same inputs. Continuing with this analogy, what seems most likely to me is that when this process terminates, the resources it was using are returned to the resource pool. Might've spawned a few other processes during my time which survive me and might've saved a few results in non-volatile memory which might survive me for a bit, but my state is gone and will only recur under the most unlikely of scenarios. (Eternal Recurrence, e.g.) Might as well try to recognize and appreciate statelessness while I still have the state to do so. ... And if you want to call the operating system God, who am I to argue. Oh, and Love is Void. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post