What I Think Happens After We Die

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 02:51 AM
RE: What I Think Happens After We Die
When we die, our bodies decay. The energy and fluids bouncing around in our mind transform into other forms of matter and other forms of energy. Our consciousness essentially dissolves. I like to think about this in a more cheery note, however. If the universe is made up of recycled atoms and energy, chances are, that though it may take a while, the atoms and energy from our original consciousness could eventually make it into the atoms used to create another human being. If this does not occur, then at least your legacy lives on in memories, and literally the dirt itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like pppgggr's post
23-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Egor makes the mind-body (dualism) argument.
That debate is basically over.
We know that the physical brain controls it all.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
23-05-2012, 10:54 PM
What happens after we die? About the same as what our existence was before we were alive. As Mark Twain is often quoted saying, "I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit."
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
24-05-2012, 12:16 AM
(23-05-2012 10:54 PM)BryanS Wrote:  What happens after we die? About the same as what our existence was before we were alive. As Mark Twain is often quoted saying, "I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit."
I've been saying that for years, in fact it was one of my earliest philosophies, it also leads me to believe that there is a chance that we may yet be born again after we die. Seeing as how we were already born at least once from that state.
24-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Before Twain?

Evolve
24-05-2012, 07:12 AM
(24-05-2012 05:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Before Twain?
I haven't said it before twain but I'm sure others have, that's the things about our thoughts, they've usually been thought before. So instead of our depression over an inability to be original maybe we should take consolation in the thought that our intellect is actually more capable than we had given it credit for. I made that philosophy when I was 15-16, so that means that if Twain made that philosophy when he was 20's or 30's, it means that we have innovated the way we teach our children, or that the knowledge to make such philosophies on a original level without exposure to the philosophy thought out earlier, that said knowledge has become easier to obtain.

And the only thing I've read from Mark Twain is Huckleberry Finn, and that was after said philosophy was made.
25-05-2012, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2012 05:14 PM by Luminon.)
(13-05-2012 12:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  One important thing to keep in mind is that when we are dead and lucid in our spiritual plane we are not who we are currently seeing in the mirror. We are in fact the amalgamation of the many lifetimes we have lived.

So, what do you think? Goodevil
Looks like you've read similar books. Of course it's more complex, but there's no sense in elaborating on that here and I see where you're coming from. I think you've got it all imprecise, but I get the point. It's the basic education in New Age movement. There are many interesting point and principles in it, but it's a stuff from big books and half-day lectures.

I chose such a working model because I've got experience to back it up. Otherwise I'd have no explanation for much of the experience, no way to deal with it rationally.
But how did you get to that? Do you just read stuff, decide you like it and so you believe it?

(13-05-2012 12:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Two things can happen when we die and become lucid on our spiritual plane. We can turn it into heaven or we can turn it into hell. Because the Divine (the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness) does not want to experience hell, reincarnation occurs in that instance. Thus we come back to live here again and learn the lessons we need to learn to make our lucid spiritual plane work out.
Now you're mixing in a made up Church theology of carrot and stick... Heaven or hell should be taken here very metaphorically and psychologically. I suggest you read some books by people who described such things without religious or spiritual preconceptions, like Robert Allan Monroe.