What I Think

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 05:18 AM
RE: What I Think
Chas and KC, I think you guys took what I was getting at in the wrong spirit of the question.

However I do believe Dom got it.

Due to the fact that I dont believe in any superstitions , gods or supernatural things, doesnt mean I need to over compensate in other areas. Some things just are, and is best left to those that might want to spend their lives in a book....thats fine with me too. To each his own.

My analysis may be extremely arrogant at times, because this is the way I see things in my world, but I'm the least "pretentious" person you'll ever meet. I shoot from the hip and plan to continue to be that way to the end. I also have a very low BS tolerance, so I know that can be mistaken at times for "arrogance".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
16-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Speaking for myself, I love pursuing knowledge of who we are, how we got to the here and now through where we have been, and why I and others act the way we do. I also pursue philosophies of beauty. If nothing else, my intellectual pursuits make me better company for myself and others.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
16-01-2014, 06:11 AM
WTF is the point of having intellectual superiority if ya don't get to use it? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-01-2014, 06:16 AM
(16-01-2014 06:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF is the point of having intellectual superiority if ya don't get to use it? Tongue

Same could be said for a gun Tongue Tongue
16-01-2014, 07:21 AM
(16-01-2014 06:16 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 06:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF is the point of having intellectual superiority if ya don't get to use it? Tongue

Same could be said for a gun Tongue Tongue

Why I don't have one. Thumbsup

But having an intellect conveys a certain responsibility. The problem I have with "I don't know" is that it sends the questioner elsewhere. Being atheists, we know what "elsewhere" looks like. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-01-2014, 07:47 AM
I dont have a problem with "I dont know".... but I can try to find an answere.

Tho some things just arent important enough to care about the answere. Some things just are, whether I understand them or not, at which point I just continue on with my life as usual.

By this I'm not refering to religions or normal everyday life events, but more towards the deeper schools of thought i.e. when did the universe start, what is eternity, etc.

In this case I want to remain blissfully ignorant and deal with the life at hand.

I just dont worry about 'the small shit' Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
16-01-2014, 07:58 AM
(16-01-2014 07:47 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I just dont worry about 'the small shit' Big Grin

Then I'll do that part, you can criticize it, and we'll both feel purposeful. Thumbsup

16-01-2014, 08:10 AM
(16-01-2014 07:58 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 07:47 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I just dont worry about 'the small shit' Big Grin

Then I'll do that part, you can criticize it, and we'll both feel purposeful. Thumbsup

Nah, I'd just be blowing hot air....... I'd rather talk about riding and what good scenery/roads are out there. Cool

OH yeah...... and beer! Clap
16-01-2014, 08:53 AM
I kinda hear what you're saying. I have never cared about the origin of the universe.

We're here now. Let's focus on making this the best damn time to be alive for now and future generations. Yes, that involves learning from the past, evaluating the present and planning for the future. However, wrapping myself up in some stupid debate over the specific origin of the earth really does accomplish anything to me.

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
[+] 1 user Likes aquaquilter's post
16-01-2014, 09:43 AM
While I only have a passing interest in "the beginning of the universe""medical" and other sciences, I am glad for the people that have a passion for it, because I get to enjoy the benefits of an advanced and intelligent society.

Gives me resources and keeps me alive long enough to enjoy my interests. Tongue

*edit* Oh. and this K.i.s.s. thing just sounds lazy.