What I Think

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: What I Think
I think it's important to understand the truth and have others understand it as well because if we don't then the blanks get filled with lies and other bad things and we end up in the dark ages- and I'm not a fan of being in a torture chamber. It's important to go over it again and and again so we all 'get it'.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 10:13 AM
I give up ... Hobo

Weeping
16-01-2014, 10:14 AM
What? If your now is all that matters, then maybe there is no understanding of how the consequence of now pertains to the future? Cause that's kind of important.
16-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Is your KISS method the same as ignorance is bliss?
16-01-2014, 10:29 AM
If you watch those threads….its the same group of folks that post over and over again. The rest of us will chime in and then leave it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-01-2014, 10:37 AM
War Horse, I should say I understand what you're getting at.

I really do.

I do disagree with the notion of not pursuing curiosity, though. The KISS method is fine and all, but it doesn't get anything accomplished nor does it satiate the curious.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-01-2014, 11:12 AM
(16-01-2014 10:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  War Horse, I should say I understand what you're getting at.

I really do.

I do disagree with the notion of not pursuing curiosity, though. The KISS method is fine and all, but it doesn't get anything accomplished nor does it satiate the curious.

Nothing wrong with curiousity, and I might expand that it might be that I'm older (just old) and dont feel the need for as many explainations as I did when I was younger.

This may have skewed my out look of life, not to mention that I've probably lived in a somewhat different world than most and this type of knowledge just never made an impact.

Even the atheist thing from a arguing standpoint is something rather new to me too, it just never came up and most people already assumed that godless biker trash wasnt any good, so maybe you can understand my confusion with all this age of the world and universe thing as a discussion/arguement between lay people (if there is such a thing).

Now for the rest that keep bringing up modern technology and such........ let me be clear, THAT IS NOT WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT! Dodgy
16-01-2014, 11:18 AM
(16-01-2014 11:12 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 10:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  War Horse, I should say I understand what you're getting at.

I really do.

Nothing wrong with curiousity, and I might expand that it might be that I'm older (just old) and dont feel the need for as many explainations as I did when I was younger.

This may have skewed my out look of life, not to mention that I've probably lived in a somewhat different world than most and this type of knowledge just never made an impact.

Even the atheist thing from a arguing standpoint is something rather new to me too, it just never came up and most people already assumed that godless biker trash wasnt any good, so maybe you can understand my confusion with all this age of the world and universe thing as a discussion/arguement between lay people (if there is such a thing).

Now for the rest that keep bringing up modern technology and such........ let me be clear, THAT IS NOT WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT! Dodgy

I know what you mean... and, I'm sorry.

I was too hasty in my response and condemnation of your position.

I failed to consider your point of view and other varying point of views.

What you're basically saying is, "Atheists, why are you wasting your time trying to find ways to prove creationists wrong? They aren't going to listen to you anyway."

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-01-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 12:12 PM by War Horse.)
(16-01-2014 11:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know what you mean... and, I'm sorry.

I was too hasty in my response and condemnation of your position.

I failed to consider your point of view and other varying point of views.

What you're basically saying is, "Atheists, why are you wasting your time trying to find ways to prove creationists wrong? They aren't going to listen to you anyway."

Well yes, to a degree. It might go a bit beyond that, by including both sides of the whole theist vs atheist debates that get so overly intellectual to the point of being nothing more than word play. Thus my prior mention to the mental intellectual exercise/push-ups.

It seems apparent even in here that almost every thread turns into a debate/pissing match of overkill intellect wit.

Therefore my reference to the K.I.S.S method, which is exactly what Occam's razor is. Now had I just come out with the term Occum's razor instead of K.I.S.S. , my cred would have been better in the debaters eyes. This was one of the points I tried to make and it surely got right past some that came down on me for using the term KISS.

Things like this make me wonder how people think in the world I dont hang in. Most of the people I know say things to the point, plain and simple and honest so theres no misunderstanding, then respect can be shown and nobody gets hurt.