What I hate about capitalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: What I hate about capitalism
(09-06-2013 05:39 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 04:42 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  There are no guns, or unicorns, in a prison cell. Coincidentally, there's less opportunity for the person in the cell to poison peoples water supply! Ofcourse, the guy who authorized fracking within an innapropriate distance to a daycare won't go to prison so long as there's no law prohibiting him from doing just that.

Yeah, and there's no restitution in prison either. What there is in prison is violence and rape.

You gleeful attitude toward human suffering and punitive punishment is the reason why you're so scared of others. It's also why you can't imagine how people can interact peacefully without guns pointed at them.

It's called projecting. Wink

I won't lie! I'd prefer to execute someone responsible for the death of a child as opposed to sending them to be torchered, but....
I've never poisoned anyone's water supply. Not only because I don't want to hurt any of the people who might drink that water, but because there's a law that would send me to rape-land should I break it.
*exasperated* Not everyone shares that sentiment for public safety. Sad

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: What I hate about capitalism
(09-06-2013 10:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 05:39 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Yeah, and there's no restitution in prison either. What there is in prison is violence and rape.

You gleeful attitude toward human suffering and punitive punishment is the reason why you're so scared of others. It's also why you can't imagine how people can interact peacefully without guns pointed at them.

It's called projecting. Wink

I won't lie! I'd prefer to execute someone responsible for the death of a child as opposed to sending them to be torchered, but....
I've never poisoned anyone's water supply. Not only because I don't want to hurt any of the people who might drink that water, but because there's a law that would send me to rape-land should I break it.
*exasperated* Not everyone shares that sentiment for public safety. Sad

The point is that murder doesn't make restitution for murder. Now, if you were to kill someone who was in the process of killing a child, that's perfectly acceptable and understandable. And to be sure, monetary restitution cannot bring back a life or take away the psychological affects of rape or beating. But the reality is that there is no conceivable punishment that can deter someone from doing that sort of horrific crime to another human being, because the people who do those things are people who have suffered severe abuse themselves.

That's not an excuse for crime but it is the reason why it happens. And if we don't get away from this vengeful, punitive mindset we have, the human race will not move any further forward than we are now.

This vengeful attitude will stagnate human progress like religion stagnated it in the middle ages.

Do you want to be a part of that stagnation?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply