What If???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2016, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2016 02:16 AM by dancefortwo.)
RE: What If???
This thread got me to thinking of the very pretty daughter of Teddy Roosevelt, Alice Roosevelt Longworth. Now remember, this was a time when women didn't wear any makeup......

[Image: 258c8884b0cda9ec28ab3a2cac4b6c66.jpg]

[Image: 141203_felsenthal_roosevelt2_ap.jpg]

Anyway, Alice was an amazing woman and such a character. Teddy had no control over her, she was totally wild. When she was a teenager in the White House she took her clothes off and froliced in the White House water fountain. She pretty much did whatever she wanted. She drank whiskey and played poker, kept a snake in her handbag and refused to join any organized religion.

Teddy was asked by a dignitary if perhaps he could get better control over his daughter and he's quoted as saying, "I can do one of two things. I can be president of the United States, or I can control Alice. I cannot possibly do both.”

She always lived in Washington and as a married woman she gave great parties and took jabs at every politician. She once said of Calvin Coolidge, "He looks like he's been weaned by a pickle"

She said of Thomas E Dewey " he looks like the man on the wedding cake".

She had a decorative pillow which she had embroidered, "If you haven't anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."

I wish she was still around, I'd love to hear what she might have to say about trump. Laugh out load

She lived to be about 90. What a character!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-12-2016, 08:48 AM
Too complicated. If I were president, I'd rather just have a first concubine. That's what all the cool leaders do.

'Murican Canadian
15-12-2016, 09:20 AM
He said he'd marry his daughter, his wife isn't coming to the white house, his daughter is taking the first lady's office......you may have to re-think whom he will marry next.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-12-2016, 09:27 AM
(15-12-2016 09:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  He said he'd marry his daughter, his wife isn't coming to the white house, his daughter is taking the first lady's office......you may have to re-think whom he will marry next.

Well..... ya know.......it's ok cause' it's in the Bible....... Lot and his daughters. Big Grin

[Image: gustavecourbet_lotandhisdaughters.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post