What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 07:48 AM
What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?
I often joke that the Invisible Pink Unicorn is the atheist deity, :-) because the "IPU" is so often used on atheist forums as the classic example of an obvious absurdity.

If there is interest, the purpose of this thread is to 1) have some fun and 2) illustrate how sometimes looking at something from a different angle can convert the obviously impossible in to something at least plausible.

And so I invite members to offer their case that the Invisible Pink Unicorn actually exists.

Think outside the box. Come at it from a new angle. Strain your brain and work up a sweat. Pretend you are an attorney in court and have to make the case as convincingly as you can, even if you don't actually personally believe it.

Lazy little cutesy tootsy sarcastic quipy one liners will be cheerfully ignored as being not worthy of inclusion in this advanced scientific investigation of the utmost importance. :-)

I'll offer my own "proof" of the IPU's existence later in the thread if other members are making the same effort. Yes, if needed I will demonstrate the IPU is real, and exists in your own home.

You are hereby challenged to see if you can do the same! :-)

As homework research, please view this actual real life photo of an IPU, so you'll know what is being investigated.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/20...4p18mx.png
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?
The pink unicorn existed, it just went extinct. The horn would kill the mama during unicorn birth. Survival of the fittest dictated that horses be born without horns. Once they started birthing hornless babies, they didn't come out all bloody pink, produced more offspring, and increased genetic diversity, giving us a horse of a different color.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
22-12-2014, 07:57 AM
[Image: veruca-salt-edit.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
22-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Um, this is like a game, an intellectual type game.

The rules of the game are, pretend you are say, a lawyer in a courtroom and you have to convince the jury that the IPU (invisible pink unicorn) actually exists right now, or your client goes to jail, and you don't get paid.

And if you don't get paid, you can't buy your lover a nice dinner on the town, and so you don't get _____ either. :-)

Or think of it however you want, but MAKE THE CASE somehow or another.

Thank you for playing!
22-12-2014, 08:07 AM
If it's invisible then how come it's also pink? From this we can conclude that it's not always invisible and therefore it must have been seen. If not then why aren't there variations such as the invisible purple unicorn or the invisible teal hippopotamus? The reports are too consistent.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
22-12-2014, 08:17 AM
The problem with your dumb little game is that the court system does not and cannot have trials for the existence of things. These are not matters of majority opinion and require actual evidence. Buh bye.
[+] 3 users Like photon9's post
22-12-2014, 08:23 AM
If it's invisible, the entirety of the visible spectrum must pass through it... So it couldn't reflect pink. Unless you meant the translucent pink unicorn?
22-12-2014, 08:44 AM
don't tell me when I can and cant be lazy and cutesy.

[Image: 999278dc8668eeb8f573e3d2e6e854a73002fe95...bb4075.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-12-2014, 08:48 AM
(22-12-2014 08:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If it's invisible then how come it's also pink?

This is one of the problems you must solve to make your case to the jury. Get to work! :-)
22-12-2014, 08:50 AM
(22-12-2014 08:17 AM)photon9 Wrote:  The problem with your dumb little game is that the court system does not and cannot have trials for the existence of things. These are not matters of majority opinion and require actual evidence. Buh bye.

Thank you for demonstrating the awesome power of Hyper-Laziness! Next contestant please! :-)