What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2014 12:44 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
RE: What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?
(25-12-2014 09:54 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Most everything you write on the forum assumes that human reason is qualified to come to meaningful conclusions on the subject of gods.

You never get around to proving those qualifications.

I'm thinking about copy and pasting this in reply to each of your posts until you prove the qualifications of the authority you continually refer to.

Or maybe I'll say "but it's in the Bible!" as if that was proof, just as you are essentially doing in regards to reason.

So what you're saying is, you didn't use reason to reach your conclusion?

With any claim, if you do ANYTHING other than believe it, by definition, you disbelieve it. Even answering with a "we can't know..." Means that you aren't believing the claim. Disbelief does NOT mean belief in the opposite.

"God exists"
"No" - accepting but not believing claim that god exists.
"I don't think so, but i don't know.." -accepting but not believing claim that god exists.
"We can't know.." - not accepting claim, and thus not believing claim that god exists.

Welcome fellow atheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Most everything you write on the forum assumes that human reason is qualified to come to meaningful conclusions on the subject of gods.

But you never get around to proving those qualifications.

You just keep filling the threads with more and more reasoning, without ever questioning or challenging it's ability to deliver useful answers on god questions. Watch, you'll do it yet again in reply to this post, and the next, and the next.

The process you're engaged in is the equivalent of the theist who is endlessly quoting Bible passages as if that settles anything, without ever questioning whether the Bible is a qualified authority on those topics.

Imagine that I start making all kinds of assertions based on what my ouija board says, but I'm never willing to explain why my ouija board is a useful source of information.

That's what you're doing. You have the cart before the horse.

In your defense, the rut you're stuck in is very very common, even the best known atheist writers seem to do the same thing.
25-12-2014, 06:40 PM
(25-12-2014 05:09 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Most everything you write on the forum assumes that human reason is qualified to come to meaningful conclusions on the subject of gods.

But you never get around to proving those qualifications.

You just keep filling the threads with more and more reasoning, without ever questioning or challenging it's ability to deliver useful answers on god questions. Watch, you'll do it yet again in reply to this post, and the next, and the next.

The process you're engaged in is the equivalent of the theist who is endlessly quoting Bible passages as if that settles anything, without ever questioning whether the Bible is a qualified authority on those topics.

Imagine that I start making all kinds of assertions based on what my ouija board says, but I'm never willing to explain why my ouija board is a useful source of information.

In your defense, the rut you're stuck in is very very common, even the best known atheist writers seem to do the same thing.

Congrats, you've successfully danced your way into the hypocritical abyss. I really like how you used human reason on the "god subject" to show that human reason cannot be used to address the "god subject".
[+] 6 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-12-2014, 06:52 PM
(25-12-2014 06:40 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Congrats, you've successfully danced your way into the hypocritical abyss. I really like how you used human reason on the "god subject" to show that human reason cannot be used to address the "god subject".

So, you object to using reason in explore what the limits of reason might be?

Such a simple concept....
25-12-2014, 07:15 PM
(25-12-2014 05:09 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Imagine that I start making all kinds of assertions based on what my ouija board says, but I'm never willing to explain why my ouija board is a useful source of information.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do we seriously need to have drawn out threads that would disprove ridiculous concepts like purple unicorns in order to accept that simple realities can be trusted to be real without equivocating everything with unsubstantiated faith?

Just chill. It's Christmas fer chrissakes. Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
28-12-2014, 08:30 PM
(22-12-2014 07:48 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  I often joke that the Invisible Pink Unicorn is the atheist deity, :-) because the "IPU" is so often used on atheist forums as the classic example of an obvious absurdity.

If there is interest, the purpose of this thread is to 1) have some fun and 2) illustrate how sometimes looking at something from a different angle can convert the obviously impossible in to something at least plausible.

And so I invite members to offer their case that the Invisible Pink Unicorn actually exists.

Think outside the box. Come at it from a new angle. Strain your brain and work up a sweat. Pretend you are an attorney in court and have to make the case as convincingly as you can, even if you don't actually personally believe it.

Lazy little cutesy tootsy sarcastic quipy one liners will be cheerfully ignored as being not worthy of inclusion in this advanced scientific investigation of the utmost importance. :-)

I'll offer my own "proof" of the IPU's existence later in the thread if other members are making the same effort. Yes, if needed I will demonstrate the IPU is real, and exists in your own home.

You are hereby challenged to see if you can do the same! :-)

As homework research, please view this actual real life photo of an IPU, so you'll know what is being investigated.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/20...4p18mx.png

That's not the real Invisible Pink Unicorn. The real Invisible Pink Unicorn is invisible.
28-12-2014, 10:27 PM
(28-12-2014 08:30 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  That's not the real Invisible Pink Unicorn. The real Invisible Pink Unicorn is invisible.

[Image: sticker,375x360.u2.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2015, 09:39 PM
What if the FPM is real? What if the invisible pink elephant riding a magical purple unicorn named twilight sparkle who lives in my back pocket is real? What if nothing or anything or everything is real?

What if questions based on what is or is not real is just about as relevant as any other. It can only be speculated on personal opinion and nothing else, in the end, only serves for the humor for those who enjoy the object in question.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ