What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?
It offends me that there is an implied "IPU does not exist" in the OP.

Of course she exists. I know it in my heart and that's all the evidence I need.

Her existence is the default position ... it's up to the non-believers (aIPUs) to prove she doesn't.

STOP PERSECUTING ME!

Weeping

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
22-12-2014, 08:51 AM
It's real because I say it is, no further evidence is required.
Isn't that the point, or are you just trying to get atheists to argue for the existence of god?
22-12-2014, 08:59 AM
(22-12-2014 08:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It offends me that there is an implied "IPU does not exist" in the OP.

Aha! Passion! Yes, a step in the right direction. Thank you. The jury will want to see your passion for your client, that's persuasive.

Now, next step, on to the logical arguments. Talk to their brain, as well as their heart.
22-12-2014, 09:01 AM
(22-12-2014 08:50 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 08:17 AM)photon9 Wrote:  The problem with your dumb little game is that the court system does not and cannot have trials for the existence of things. These are not matters of majority opinion and require actual evidence. Buh bye.

Thank you for demonstrating the awesome power of Hyper-Laziness! Next contestant please! :-)
It's not lazy at all. There's zero evidence IPUs exist. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that they don't. Public opinion does not matter.

There's no reason for anyone to waste their lives disproving other people's whacko positive assertions. Either put up or shut up. Provide evidence or GTFO!
[+] 4 users Like photon9's post
22-12-2014, 09:07 AM
(22-12-2014 08:51 AM)pablo Wrote:  Isn't that the point, or are you just trying to get atheists to argue for the existence of god?

I'm trying to get anyone who wants to to strain their brain a bit, and explore looking at something from a different angle than they are used to.

This isn't a trick thread where you will later suddenly find yourself singing tearful hymns to Baby Jesus. :-)

Here's an example. Have you ever heard an argument for or against something, and it seemed pretty convincing? Perhaps in a political debate for instance.

You're thinking, "Yea, that must be right" and then the next speaker takes the stage, and they make a compelling case in the opposite direction.

It is typically assumed the IPU is an obvious absurdity. If it interests you, try to make the case that's it's not as absurd as we all think.

I'll make my own case later, but only if some other members show evidence of having worked at this a bit. Not perfection, just effort. If all I get is clever quips, that's all I'll give in return. :-)
22-12-2014, 09:12 AM
(22-12-2014 08:59 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 08:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It offends me that there is an implied "IPU does not exist" in the OP.

Aha! Passion! Yes, a step in the right direction. Thank you. The jury will want to see your passion for your client, that's persuasive.

Now, next step, on to the logical arguments. Talk to their brain, as well as their heart.

I think you mean confuse their brain with fast patter and long words like ... teleological or cosmological, right?

I once studied to be a lawyer.

But I failed my dishonesty finals.

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-12-2014, 09:12 AM
(22-12-2014 09:01 AM)photon9 Wrote:  It's not lazy at all. There's zero evidence IPUs exist.

We shall see my friend, we shall see.

Quote: Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that they don't.

I agree that's reasonable.

It's also reasonable to exercise one's brain, especially if one is interested in replacing religion with reason, as some here apparently are.

Quote:There's no reason for anyone to waste their lives disproving other people's whacko positive assertions. Either put up or shut up. Provide evidence or GTFO!

OMG! I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A COMMAND BY A TOTAL ANONYMOUS STRANGER ON THE INTERNET. I MUST OBEY OR BE DESTROYED!!!

He he.... :-)

C'mon friends, lighten up, remember one of the goals of the thread is to have some fun.
22-12-2014, 09:14 AM
(22-12-2014 09:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think you mean confuse their brain with fast patter and long words like ... teleological or cosmological, right?

We are your jury, so take whatever approach you think will work with us. If you think you can spin us with fast talk, go for it, try it.
22-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Baba Bozo ' Wrote:  It's also reasonable to exercise one's brain, especially if one is interested in replacing religion with reason, as some here apparently are.

Here's a reasonable exercise for your brain. It could even save you a lot of time from being wasted in your life.

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes.
But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.
If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."
- Bertrand Russell

You're welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes photon9's post
22-12-2014, 09:23 AM
[Image: 4998131603_4f08a34782_z.jpg]

This is me exercising my brain. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post