What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 09:33 AM by DLJ.)
RE: What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?
(22-12-2014 09:14 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think you mean confuse their brain with fast patter and long words like ... teleological or cosmological, right?

We are your jury, so take whatever approach you think will work with us. If you think you can spin us with fast talk, go for it, try it.

Can I use logical fallacies?

Confused

How about hallucinogens or hypnosis?

Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 09:36 AM
(22-12-2014 09:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Can I use logical fallacies?

It's your case, make it as you will. I'm not looking for perfection, as my case will not be perfect either.

Just looking for a bit of brain straining to complement the fun, a bit of actual effort from members, that's all. Trying is enough to be declared a winner.
22-12-2014, 09:37 AM
I'll go with my 'favourite fab four'...

Proof from Faith
Proof from Authority
Proof from Revelation
Proof from Tradition.

F.A.R.T. ... Proof from hot air

Big Grin

Old joke but it still amuses me.

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
22-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Quote:It is typically assumed the IPU is an obvious absurdity.

It's not assumed, the IPU was invented for the sole purpose of showing the absurdity of arguing for the existence of a god.
You keep teasing us with your upcoming argument, just get to it. Make sure you cite all your demonstrable evidence.
No need to make a pointless game out of it.
22-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I'll give it a try.

What we perceive as reality are signals from our sensory organs that are interpreted and changed in the brain. This is why optical illusions work.

The thalamus then builds a picture based on expectation of previous patterns of sensory stimuli.

The brain uses similar neural mechanisms to both recall images and create new images. You cannot create an image in your mind for example that isn't based upon components that you have not previously seen.

Both fantasy and our perception of reality are equivalent in the brain.

The invisible pink unicorn was initially fantasy but enough people have seen depictions of horses, animals with single horns, pink four legged animals and also invisible creatures.

Therefore we can argue that there is a consistent image in people's brains of an invisible pink unicorn. It is a concept.

This puts the idea on a par with other things that we know unequivocably exist but which are constrained within human brains. For example, irrational exuberance, memes, cultural values, social identity etc.

If you argue that the invisible pink unicorn does not exist then you also have to argue that the above does not exist.

(This argument relies on equivocation of the word 'exist').
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
22-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Pink unicorn right here. This one's a little fat, but it does exist.

[Image: 2009%2006%2015%20%20S%20Lakes%20Wild%20A...0Rhino.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
22-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Here is a sighting in France. Just look at the amount of pride he has.

[Image: Fredepink-Ybridex5.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
22-12-2014, 11:51 AM
(22-12-2014 11:12 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Pink unicorn right here. This one's a little fat, but it does exist.

[Image: 2009%2006%2015%20%20S%20Lakes%20Wild%20A...0Rhino.jpg]

Maybe I'm 'seeing' double.

But that is not invisible and it looks du-horn from here.

Dodgy

22-12-2014, 12:14 PM
It was a special unicorn camera, and if you look at it from the front it appears to have one horn. Invisible pink unicorns exist, but there are some misconceptions about them.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
22-12-2014, 12:49 PM
This was captured on a hunter's camera, even though you can't tell the color of it, it could be pink:

[Image: P1010811.JPG]

Consider that animals can turn a pink color from ingesting a lot of beta-carotine, pink unicorns obviously like to eat carrots; which have high beta-carotine, just like normal horses do. Why would a pink unicorn be that extraordinary? Unicorns should be common in any area with a plentiful supply of carrots, but why don't we see them everywhere?

The unicorn is a rare animal, many consider to be magical. it's a shy animal by nature, which goes to great lengths to not be around any human presence except gypsies.

Gypsies are willing to steal carrots for unicorns to eat, this is a mutually beneficial relationship that benefits the unicorns and the gypsies are able to use them in their magic rituals:

What To Do When Gypsies Steal Your Carrots

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post