What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 06:43 AM by Baba Bozo.)
RE: What If The Invisible Pink Unicorn Is Real?
(23-12-2014 12:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thus we have achieved harmony between the atheist and the theist by defining gods and goddesses as super-humans, as super-natural (an advanced form of natural).

I like it, good post, thanks. Yes, an advanced form of natural, great point.

Please allow me to try to build upon your point, which hopefully will again illustrate that the "obviously impossible" can sometimes be made at least plausible...

Every creature on Earth is expert in it's niche, or it wouldn't be there. But it's also true that every creature on Earth knows little to nothing about what's happening beyond it's niche, because it doesn't need that information, and nature tends to be efficient.

Have you ever watched a squirrel do a death defying leap from one tree to another 100 feet off the ground? If they fell they would surely die, but they never fall, as they know exactly what they are doing.

The squirrels know every branch of every tree in your yard, but after that, they know zippo, nothing, nada, they have no clue of what lies beyond.

Every creature on Earth is in this position. So why not us too?

Sure, our niche is wider than other creatures, but that does not equal it being infinite. The evidence strongly suggests our range of comprehension is limited to a slice of reality too.

As example, consider the microscopic realm. It's been there all along of course, but until recently we had no clue about it at all.

How many other realms of existence are there that are just as real and just as close to us as the microscopic realm, but we simply don't have the capacity to observe and understand them?

Thus, a "spiritual realm" could be nothing more than a normal part of nature that is far enough beyond our ability to grasp that it seems supernatural to us.

Every so often a rare somebody with extraordinary talent way out on the end of the spiritual bell curve comes along, and they catch a glimpse of this spiritual realm. But then they try to explain it to us, and both we and they lack the understanding and vocabulary to make sense of it.

So we wildly mis-translate whatever they are trying to say, and it turns quickly in to a bizarre circus. As example, try explaining something sophisticated and adult to a five year old, and then ask them to explain it to another five year old. The resulting explanation is likely to be hilariously wrong.

So the "supernatural" could exist as a normal part of nature that is so far beyond our ability to understand that it bears no resemblance to what we think of as the laws of nature.

I asked the IPU, and she said this is completely totally right, and she gave me yet another beer (BURP!) as a reward.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 06:48 AM
In my IPU theory, the real world existence of the IPU is declared to depend on the following 4 assumptions. If anyone feels they can offer a specific detailed challenge to one or more of these assumptions, please go for it.

Quote:1) If you agree that ideas have material substance, that is, exist in the common usage of that word...

2) If you agree that ideas are the seed from which all human creations grow...

3) If you agree that genetic engineers will eventually be able to design new life forms from scratch...

4) If you agree that theists can be just as enthusiastic about ideological combat as atheists....

It follows the IPU currently exists, in seed form, in our minds.
23-12-2014, 06:52 AM
(23-12-2014 06:37 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  ...
Every creature on Earth is expert in it's niche, or it wouldn't be there. But it's also true that every creature on Earth knows little to nothing about what's happening beyond it's niche, because it doesn't need that information, and nature tends to be efficient.

2 out of 3 "it's" are incorrect therefore your argument is invalid. Case dismissed on a technicality.

(23-12-2014 06:37 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  ...
Thus, a "spiritual realm" could be nothing more than a normal part of nature that is far enough beyond our ability to grasp that it seems supernatural to us.

"Could be"s don't buy the groceries. Dodgy

But you are right. I will henceforth live my life with reference to and reverence of the spiritual realm and the microscopic realm.

I will give them equal weight.

Does anyone know where I can get a spiritual version of one of these?

[Image: pure-air-spray-bottle-feature-660x439.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
23-12-2014, 07:01 AM
(23-12-2014 06:48 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  In my IPU theory, the real world existence of the IPU is declared to depend on the following 4 assumptions. If anyone feels they can offer a specific detailed challenge to one or more of these assumptions, please go for it.

Quote:1) If you agree that ideas have material substance, that is, exist in the common usage of that word...

2) If you agree that ideas are the seed from which all human creations grow...

3) If you agree that genetic engineers will eventually be able to design new life forms from scratch...

4) If you agree that theists can be just as enthusiastic about ideological combat as atheists....

It follows the IPU currently exists, in seed form, in our minds.

1-4. I do not agree. 5 Does not follow.
23-12-2014, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 07:11 AM by Baba Bozo.)
Quote:"Could be"s don't buy the groceries. Dodgy

Ok, Mr. SmartyPants :-) I agree the spiritual realm is a "could be", but also arrogantly declare (!!!!) that I've achieved the stated goal of converting the proposed spiritual realm from something most here would consider blatantly impossible in to something that is at least plausible. Please note I made no claims about knowing the nature of said realm.

If you wish to debunk that arrogant declaration, you'll have to roll up your sleeves and give us something more than clever quips. :-)

Fun is good, but it's more fun when the fun is the bread of a post sandwich that contains some meat too. Munch, munch!
23-12-2014, 07:09 AM
(23-12-2014 07:01 AM)pablo Wrote:  [quote='Baba Bozo' pid='705556' dateline='1419338888']1-4. I do not agree. 5 Does not follow.

Please see the part above about SPECIFIC AND DETAILED. Thank you very much.

Sorry you don't get a free ride debunker dance if all you're gonna add to the thread is "I don't agree". :-) Please tell us exactly what you don't agree with, AND WHY.

Thanks!
23-12-2014, 07:11 AM
(23-12-2014 07:06 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
Quote:"Could be"s don't buy the groceries. Dodgy

Ok, Mr. SmartyPants :-) I agree the spiritual realm is a "could be", but also arrogantly declare (!!!!) that I've achieved the stated goal of converting the proposed spiritual realm from something most here would consider blatantly impossible in to something that is at least plausible. Please note I made no claims about knowing the nature of said realm.

If you wish to debunk that arrogant declaration, you'll have to roll up your sleeves and give us something more than clever quips. :-)

Fun is good, but it's more fun when the fun is the bread of post sandwich that contains some meat too. Munch, munch!

There is a distinct difference between 'possible' and 'plausible'. I suggest you look up their definitions, as you clearly don't know the difference between the two. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2014, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 07:23 AM by pablo.)
(23-12-2014 07:09 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 07:01 AM)pablo Wrote:  [quote='Baba Bozo' pid='705556' dateline='1419338888']1-4. I do not agree. 5 Does not follow.

Please see the part above about SPECIFIC AND DETAILED. Thank you very much.

Sorry you don't get a free ride debunker dance if all you're gonna add to the thread is "I don't agree". :-) Please tell us exactly what you don't agree with, AND WHY.

Thanks!

I don't get a free ride, but you get to make wild assertions without any specific details? Seems about right.
Define existence. Leave out all the if's and maybe's.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
23-12-2014, 07:21 AM
(23-12-2014 07:17 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 07:09 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Please see the part above about SPECIFIC AND DETAILED. Thank you very much.

Thanks!

I don't get a free ride, but you get to make wild assertions without any specific detsils? Seems about right.

In other words, you don't get to circumvent the null hypothesis by fiat.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2014, 07:47 AM
(23-12-2014 07:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is a distinct difference between 'possible' and 'plausible'. I suggest you look up their definitions, as you clearly don't know the difference between the two. Drinking Beverage

More empty content emotion posting. No detailed thoughtful intelligent rebuttal of any of my specific points. Typing the fewest possible words needed to get the "I am superior" ego buzz.

Is this all you guys got?