What If Today A Person Murdered People And Said They Were Ordered To Do So By God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: What If Today A Person Murdered People And Said They Were Ordered To Do So By God?
(12-05-2014 09:35 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Having endured much heartache and sorrow in my life and also witnessing it in others, often times the question of "why" arises. Why is the world the way it is? Why the suffering? Why did I have an abusive father? Why did my loved one have to tragically die because someone wanted to drink and drive.

Because your fairy tale monster wanted it that way, of course. OWN-GOAL for JEW.

Quote:There are some questions I have no answers to.

--- and so you resort to making shit up and embracing superstitious fairy tales.

Quote: However, out of all the worldviews that exist, Christianity's view is the most internally consistent and hopeful when it comes to the problem of evil.

No, it's not at all "internally consistent". Not a bit. You are simply deluding yourself.

But thanks for admitting that you only embraced the xtard superstitions because you didn't have the imagination or intelligence to find something better.

Quote:IBlah blahblah
God did not make us so we could live a life robbed of the opportunity to practice virtue and righteousness. If He exists, blah blah blah....

So you admit that you don't KNOW that such an entity exists. AND that you have been lying through your fucking teeth about "knowing" such an entity. Well done, moron.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
12-05-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: What If Today A Person Murdered People And Said They Were Ordered To Do So By God?
(12-05-2014 02:27 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 09:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  The fact that you find meaning and comfort in believing that god is the cause for the travails in your life is in no way evidence for the existence of that god.

And your defense of such a god is evidence of your inability to cope with reality.

You are right on the first count.

On the second, it seems to me to be a non-sequitur. Just because someone defends their beliefs does not mean that that is evidence that they are unable to cope with reality. If that were so, then you would have to apply it to yourself. You defend your views here on the regular.

The difference is that you defend beliefs in obvious superstitions based on what you already admit is just wishful thinking.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-05-2014, 11:52 PM
(12-05-2014 08:46 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
Quote:He speaks on these issues with clarity and his writings are based on his knowledge of the cultural practices of the time in which these passages were applicable.

Meaning that you "interpret" -- meaning you perpetrate revisionist shell games -- by trying to spin these stories through a claim that your fairy-tale monster's "morals" 'were somehow linked to the "cultural practices" of iron-age goat fuckers.

IN THE PROCESS, YOU TOTALLY DESTROY YOUR OWN CLAIMS THAT YOUR FAIRY TALE MONSTER IS THE ARBITER OF YOUR MYTHICAL "OBJECTIVE MORALITY". WELL DON, MORON.

Nicely stated Taq Smile You can't have it both ways Jeremy. I'm sure you *do* have some demented pages long "explanation", but I predict it'll boil down to "Waaa waa waa it is SO because I SAY SO".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Off topic
(10-05-2014 07:52 AM)Charis Wrote:  And by the way.... The following is a wonderful sight to see, and reduces untold amounts of stress to practically nil:

Quote:Jeremy E Walker The contents of this message are hidden because Jeremy E Walker is on your ignore list.

I highly recommend it.

I like it.
13-05-2014, 03:08 AM
RE:
Here is the invisible pink unicorn.

[Image: pp,375x360.u2.jpg]

When I pray to it, it tells me it would be totally okay to murder JE Walker. When asked about whether or not this is good, I'll tell the prosecutor that I was just following the objective morals passed down to me as proscribed by the aforementioned invisible pink unicorn. Since my actions where in alignment with a god's perfect and objective moral precepts, I'm sure the prosecutor will order my immediate release from police custody, correct?

Oh, what's that you say? The invisible pink unicorn isn't a god you say? It doesn't exist you say? It can't provide objective moral precepts you say?

[Image: Invesible_Pink_Unicorn_by_BeautifullyChaotic.jpg]

Divine Command Theory is a bitch when we can't all agree on one god and their 'objective' moral precepts, because none of them are evidently or objectively verifiable. Drinking Beverage

Fortunately I don't actually believe this, cause if I did it would mean that I'm as much of a nutter as Walker...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2014, 08:07 AM
(13-05-2014 03:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Here is the invisible pink unicorn.

[Image: pp,375x360.u2.jpg]

When I pray to it, it tells me it would be totally okay to murder JE Walker. When asked about whether or not this is good, I'll tell the prosecutor that I was just following the objective morals passed down to me as proscribed by the aforementioned invisible pink unicorn. Since my actions where in alignment with a god's perfect and objective moral precepts, I'm sure the prosecutor will order my immediate release from police custody, correct?

Oh, what's that you say? The invisible pink unicorn isn't a god you say? It doesn't exist you say? It can't provide objective moral precepts you say?

[Image: Invesible_Pink_Unicorn_by_BeautifullyChaotic.jpg]

Divine Command Theory is a bitch when we can't all agree on one god and their 'objective' moral precepts, because none of them are evidently or objectively verifiable. Drinking Beverage

Fortunately I don't actually believe this, cause if I did it would mean that I'm as much of a nutter as Walker...

ultimately what you believe is not of any consequence. we each believe what we do because of our genes.

you die like a maggot. i die like a maggot. we decompose.

you and i have the same fate despite your views.

so what is your point?
13-05-2014, 08:10 AM
(13-05-2014 08:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  we each believe what we do because of our genes.

[Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
13-05-2014, 08:14 AM
(13-05-2014 08:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 08:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  we each believe what we do because of our genes.

[Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

giving you a citation is ultimately pointless. you die like an elephant, i die like an elephant. we decompose. the cosmos is indifferent.

i am ultimately no worse off than you for not citing what i have said.

you are a creature evolved. i am a creature evolved. we are no better off or worse off than the tapeworm. you may think you are special but that which you owe your existence to is indifferent.

if you find meaning in life by kidding yourself then more power to you. have at it. if you feel warm and fuzzy at night when you lie awake thinking about how special you are be my guest. its just you surviving.
13-05-2014, 08:34 AM
(13-05-2014 08:14 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 08:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

giving you a citation is ultimately pointless. you die like an elephant, i die like an elephant. we decompose. the cosmos is indifferent.

i am ultimately no worse off than you for not citing what i have said.

you are a creature evolved. i am a creature evolved. we are no better off or worse off than the tapeworm. you may think you are special but that which you owe your existence to is indifferent.

if you find meaning in life by kidding yourself then more power to you. have at it. if you feel warm and fuzzy at night when you lie awake thinking about how special you are be my guest. its just you surviving.

You sir made a claim that 'we believe what we do because of our genes'.
I asked for a citation, as in to ask, 'where did you get this information?'

The logical responses are thus: A) admit you have no source or B) provide the citation.

Spouting pseudo-nihilistic babble is not within the purview of a reasonable response. However, since you are ever so keen on responding to people with unrelated babble, I feel compelled to play as well, but without the babble.

Sir. At this point, I am forced to inform you that you are now well and truly beyond the realm of stupidity insinuating insults. For I feel that such comparative insinuations would only serve to insult the comparison. For instance, were I to call you dumb as rocks, I fell I'd have dealt such a wound to rocks that I'd be compelled to duel a geologist so that the rocks can retain their dignity.

Back on the actual subject matter; I did not ask for citations purely because I want to feel special or get some warm fuzzies. Before the age of ten I was long resigned to the fact that I was no more special than your average goldfish. I recognise that there is no overriding reason, purpose or meaning to life, to believe otherwise is absurd. However, I am also well aware of the human capacity to think in a seemingly unique way; insofar as I can tell it is the responsibility of each human to give themselves meaning.
I asked for citations because you made a claim, for no other reason.
On even more direct relation to the subject; Provide citations or leave the immediate vicinity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 7 users Like Free Thought's post
13-05-2014, 08:47 AM
RE:
(13-05-2014 08:14 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  if you find meaning in life by kidding yourself then more power to you. have at it. if you feel warm and fuzzy at night when you lie awake thinking about how special you are be my guest. its just you surviving.
Well, well, well, look who's talking! Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post