What If Today A Person Murdered People And Said They Were Ordered To Do So By God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: What If Today A Person Murdered People And Said They Were Ordered To Do So By God?
Good managers dislike staff that must be told what to do; it saps the manager's time and contributes nothing to achieving the big picture. The enterprises that thrive are the ones where staff "sees the big picture" and take initiative - they don't twiddle their thumbs waiting for the next instruction from the boss. Good communication is vital, of course - not every idea is feasible or warranted - but with multiple minds engaged in a pursuit the speed AND quality of accomplishment is magnified.

Likewise I can't help but think any god with decent management skills would be gravely disappointed with a crowd of worshippers that waits around for divine direction, and even spends a lot of its time on its knees begging for direction. The worshipper who seizes the initiative and vaporizes a city of sinners not because his god told him to do it but because he knew that's what his god wanted is the worshipper to be praised.

I certainly think most religious people are a dreadful disappointment to their respective deities because so few of them ever do take initiative and eradicate sinners with dispatch and ruthless efficiency without needing to be told to do it. I really think a worshipper desiring to elevate his god's regard for him would do well to get off his knees and go empty a boxful of clips through the muzzle of a carbine into the public square. Don't wait around to be told to do it - as Nike says, Just Do It!

Your god will thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
10-05-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: What If Today A Person Murdered People And Said They Were Ordered To Do So By God?
I may have mentioned this once or twice already.

Jeremy, you are a cunt. Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 8 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
10-05-2014, 05:44 PM
(09-05-2014 08:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 08:02 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Even if your god orders it?

God has never murdered or ordered murder.

LOL. Hahaha.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-05-2014, 05:46 PM
(10-05-2014 05:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 08:07 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God has never murdered or ordered murder.

LOL. Hahaha.
I know, right? Laugh out load

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
10-05-2014, 08:37 PM
(10-05-2014 06:29 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 11:30 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What do you think happened to Lot's wife?

Honestly. It's a tall tale. I'd like to hear what you think about that story and what happened to her and what you think about it.

She was warned not to do something and she did and suffered the consequences.

Her looking back was symbolic that she loved her evil life and was forced against her will to leave it. Her looking back was showing she had never left at all. She therefore was worthy of death as all who had stayed were worthy of death.

God warns people that evil and wickedness will destroy them. When the warning is dismissed, judgment comes.

I agree with the judgment.

You are a depraved, delusional son of a bitch.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 7 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
10-05-2014, 09:55 PM
I defended a guy about 15 years ago who was a serial killer and claimed that god was directing him to kill. He was found "not guilty by reason of insanity" and he was sent to the state hospital.

Jeremy Walker also seems to be a bit irrational but that is a common problem among believers. You can show them, with chapter and verse, that they are clearly wrong and it won't register with them. Arguing with someone like Walker is just a waste of high blood pressure.
[+] 4 users Like Black Eagle's post
11-05-2014, 10:16 PM
(10-05-2014 09:55 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I defended a guy about 15 years ago who was a serial killer and claimed that god was directing him to kill. He was found "not guilty by reason of insanity" and he was sent to the state hospital.

Jeremy Walker also seems to be a bit irrational but that is a common problem among believers. You can show them, with chapter and verse, that they are clearly wrong and it won't register with them. Arguing with someone like Walker is just a waste of high blood pressure.

Arguing with a theist is like boxing with a fart...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
11-05-2014, 10:45 PM
(11-05-2014 10:16 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:55 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I defended a guy about 15 years ago who was a serial killer and claimed that god was directing him to kill. He was found "not guilty by reason of insanity" and he was sent to the state hospital.

Arguing with a theist is like boxing with a fart...
WTF? ahahahahaha! love it

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
11-05-2014, 10:51 PM
(10-05-2014 07:51 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 06:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  So all the genocide in the Bible is not God being a capricious dick but God justifiably taking out the trash? Even the stuff about killing babies? Are babies terrorists?

How about the story of that dude who touched the ark of the covenant and got killed on the spot? Refer somewhere in Kings. He just wanted to stop the damn thing falling over but God said "Fuck that" and killed him.

You're telling me not having faith in God, picking up sticks on the Sabbath, having adulterous sex etc are all such heinous crimes such that *killing* someone who does them is *justified*?

If you believe these things to be true, you are a fucking nutcase.

In a theocracy, God is the one governing the people.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about. In a theocracy, PEOPLE govern people, using whatever batshit sky fairy they invented as an enforcement plank to rule by fiat.

Quote:These passages which people like to take out of context were written while Israel was a theocracy.

Nobody takes any of that "out of context", asshole.

Quote:When you have rightly interpreted these passages and have read the bible in its entirety without fallaciously quote mining, then come back here and we will have a discussion.

We already do. In the meantime, fuck off and die.

11-05-2014, 10:57 PM
(10-05-2014 07:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 07:09 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Yabut - killing someone other than in self defense or by accident IS murder.

No it is not. I can think of a thousand scenarios where killing someone is justified and therefore not murder. Police do it all the time. Doctors too. Soldiers etc etc.

In your fairy story, your fairy tale monster murders Lot's wife. All the tap dancing in the world doesn't get your sorry lying ass out of that.

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post