What Intelligent Design might tell us about a god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 06:11 AM
RE: What Intelligent Design might tell us about a god.
(09-04-2017 06:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The problem with IDiocy is that we don't have a clear purpose. You know what a 747 does, you know what a watch does; you never know WTF a human's gonna do.

(09-04-2017 04:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  What kind of designer builds a system where virtually everything shits all over the place?

[Image: zEeYobO.jpg]

Newt Scamander says "HA!!"

[Image: sam-rowan-boswell-beetle-eye-v009-002-sr.jpg?1481045329]

(For reference, those balls are nearly a meter in diameter.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
09-04-2017, 06:13 AM
(09-04-2017 05:52 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 05:36 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  For a couple hundred million years, God was really into trilobites.

Hobo

God: The Trilobite Years (the cyanobacteria are still pissed!)

[Image: angrytrilobite.gif]

Haha, Gawdzilla! Great minds...or something Rolleyes

[Image: fuck-these-6-fish-in-particular.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
09-04-2017, 06:19 AM
(09-04-2017 05:52 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 05:36 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  For a couple hundred million years, God was really into trilobites.

Hobo

God: The Trilobite Years (the cyanobacteria are still pissed!)

[Image: angrytrilobite.gif]

Haha, Gawdzilla! Great minds...or something Rolleyes
[Image: cg4e08138467417.tiff_lr.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
09-04-2017, 08:24 AM
I get it. Its not about using evolution to get a proper description of the system we are in. This stuff is funny. It doesn't describe the system to the best of our ability, its great comedy though, if your into that kind of thing. I personally love Hagar.
[+] 1 user Likes AB517's post
09-04-2017, 10:00 AM
What does god's character & behavior tell us about those that designed him ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
10-04-2017, 07:04 AM
(09-04-2017 04:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  What kind of designer builds a system where virtually everything shits all over the place?

> "When you think about it, Jacque Cousteau is swimming around in a fish's toilet bowl!" (Gilda Radner as Rosa Rosanna Danna) Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
10-04-2017, 07:06 AM
(10-04-2017 07:04 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  

> "When you think about it, Jacque Cousteau is swimming around in a fish's toilet bowl!" (Gilda Radner as Rosa Rosanna Danna) Laughat
"I don't drink water because of the disgusting things fish do in it."

-- WC Fields
10-04-2017, 08:04 AM
I was a SAP for a minute but an unfortunate brilliant mathematical insight cured me of that affliction. I say unfortunate in that brilliance and mathematics effectively eliminated me from the discussion. I mean the memes are cool and all but also unfortunately I've used my Gwynnies allotment for the day. Weeping

The problem I have with the discussion is that there is nothing to discuss. The people that have accepted this as their reality and are damaging our scientific progress have passed beyond the rainbow and probably should be institutionalized.

living word
10-04-2017, 02:03 PM
(10-04-2017 08:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The problem I have with the discussion is that there is nothing to discuss. The people that have accepted this as their reality and are damaging our scientific progress have passed beyond the rainbow and probably should be institutionalized.

Maybe, but there are people, even around here that were fundies at one time that are now atheists and skeptics.

Sometimes people can become more willing to engage in thinking more deeply about why they believe what they do, if their ideas are not simply dismissed out of hand.

I can hope anyway. Confused

Just a teenie bit...at least?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
11-04-2017, 01:43 AM
The thing is you can take any measurement of anything and if your measuring device is very precise, you can arrive at very exact details about its weight, it's shape in 3 dimensions, what colors of light it absorbs and reflects, how it reacts to sound, etc.

Just because the universe has precise values, doesn't mean that those values were assigned to it in some grand design.

A rock weighs what it weighs.
If I pick a rock and it weighs to be 2.786349757734 kg.
It wasn't designed to be that precise weight.
It simply is what it is.

The universe is the same

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post