What Intelligent Design might tell us about a god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 01:18 PM
RE: What Intelligent Design might tell us about a god.
(08-04-2017 01:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 12:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here's how much we've changed their skull in just the last 50 years.

[Image: british-bulldog-skull.jpg]

I'm just going to say that, as a casual observer from the sidelines, that amount of skull degradation looks inhumane. Shocking

It's also provided it with respiratory and dental problems and has essentially, shortened the average life span for the breed.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 01:27 PM
(08-04-2017 01:18 PM)kim Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 01:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm just going to say that, as a casual observer from the sidelines, that amount of skull degradation looks inhumane. Shocking

It's also provided it with respiratory and dental problems and has essentially, shortened the average life span for the breed.

Yeah, I figured as much. The same goes for many of the smoosh faced cat breeds. I grew up with a Himalayan who had constant respiratory problems.

[Image: Himalayan-lounging.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-04-2017, 01:52 PM
Oh, I dunno.
I think this was very intelligently designed ... IF you're a Urologist with boat payments.

http://www.medicinenet.com/image-collect...icture.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-04-2017, 02:13 PM
If you look at the many gruesome parasites that exist, it would seem the supposed ID designer is a sadist. And there are many parasites that exist.

http://dailyparasite.blogspot.com/

Evolution is blind, opportunistic almost to an extreme, and has no understanding of pain and suffering. So parasites are what you'd expect with evolution, not a designer, especially a loving, kind and sentient designer.

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 6 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
08-04-2017, 02:42 PM
(08-04-2017 01:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh, I dunno.
I think this was very intelligently designed ... IF you're a Urologist with boat payments.

It's not quite the same thing as prostate problems but I've always thought it was really unfair that women give birth through the same canal that they have sex in. After giving birth most women find sex reeeeeeally painful for a couple months. Not only that but if a woman breastfeeds it makes sex even more painful because it causes estrogen levels to drop and vaginal walls become thin and dry. No amount of ky jelly helps either. Totally crappy way to design stuff.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-04-2017, 02:55 PM
(08-04-2017 02:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
After giving birth most women find sex reeeeeeally painful for a couple months. Not only that but if a woman breastfeeds it makes sex even more painful because it causes estrogen levels to drop and vaginal walls become thin and dry.

See what happens when you disobey your designer?

You eat one apple ...

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-04-2017, 03:11 PM
(08-04-2017 02:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You eat one apple ...

One apple just that one day keeps eternal boredom and mindless slavery away Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
08-04-2017, 03:46 PM
(08-04-2017 02:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 01:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh, I dunno.

It's not quite the same thing as prostate problems but I've always thought it was really unfair that women give birth through the same canal that they have sex in. After giving birth most women find sex reeeeeeally painful for a couple months. Not only that but if a woman breastfeeds it makes sex even more painful because it causes estrogen levels to drop and vaginal walls become thin and dry. No amount of ky jelly helps either. Totally crappy way to design stuff.

Actually, given some of the examples of what we've done to dogs to make them cute and stuff, and our seemly uncaring attitude to how our manipulation actually affects their quality of life. It could be argued that if a god only cares that we worship it and doesn't really care about why or about our quality of life, then it would only alter our intelligence factor and not care about any of the factors that might make our biology worse, might even make our lives shorter so that we don't have time to learn what kind of a dick he really is.

So maybe if there was a god wanting worship, he might just be as big an ass-hole to us as we seem to be to some of our so called "man's best friend". That would almost be ironic really.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
08-04-2017, 04:03 PM
(08-04-2017 02:13 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  If you look at the many gruesome parasites that exist, it would seem the supposed ID designer is a sadist. And there are many parasites that exist.

http://dailyparasite.blogspot.com/

Evolution is blind, opportunistic almost to an extreme, and has no understanding of pain and suffering. So parasites are what you'd expect with evolution, not a designer, especially a loving, kind and sentient designer.

Yeah, evolution isn't consistent with a sadistic, malevolent god either. I think we would have already been extinct if that were the case.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
08-04-2017, 04:05 PM
(08-04-2017 12:06 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 11:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Not can't - shouldn't.

http://puppytoob.com/dog-breeds/can-chih...mix-exist/

Um, I'm not taking "puppytoob" as an authority.

Find me a citation that says you cannot breed a Great Dane with a Chihuahua. They are the same species. It's a canine and a canine.

The issue, among other things is the potential size of puppies who could be as big as the mother assuming the mother is the smaller breed.

https://www.quora.com/Are-Great-Danes-an...nt-species

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF