What Intelligent Design might tell us about a god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: What Intelligent Design might tell us about a god.
Let's also keep in mind that dog purebred dog breeds have standards that have been set up by organizations that represent the breed. There can be a fair amount of deviation and some breeds or lines are bred to be on the bigger side and some on the smaller side.

If you were to take a couple of Great Danes and breed them for the purpose of producing smaller and smaller dogs and did the opposite with Chihuahuas (who already cover a large span of sizes) it would not such an issue.

When you think of a Great Dane you think huge, tall dog but not all are like that. When you think Chihuahua you think small...maybe even tiny in the case of down breeding to 'teacup' size.

Now, it you get a dog of each breed that is closer in size than the standard do you think they could breed? Of course they could.

Their species didn't change...their size did.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2017, 04:18 PM
(08-04-2017 02:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 01:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh, I dunno.
I think this was very intelligently designed ... IF you're a Urologist with boat payments.

http://www.medicinenet.com/image-collect...icture.htm

It's not quite the same thing as prostate problems but I've always thought it was really unfair that women give birth through the same canal that they have sex in. After giving birth most women find sex reeeeeeally painful for a couple months. Not only that but if a woman breastfeeds it makes sex even more painful because it causes estrogen levels to drop and vaginal walls become thin and dry. No amount of ky jelly helps either. Totally crappy way to design stuff.

Sesame seed oil works a treat.

Or so I'm told. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2017, 04:20 PM
(08-04-2017 04:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Let's also keep in mind that dog purebred dog breeds have standards that have been set up by organizations that represent the breed. There can be a fair amount of deviation and some breeds or lines are bred to be on the bigger side and some on the smaller side.

If you were to take a couple of Great Danes and breed them for the purpose of producing smaller and smaller dogs and did the opposite with Chihuahuas (who already cover a large span of sizes) it would not such an issue.

When you think of a Great Dane you think huge, tall dog but not all are like that. When you think Chihuahua you think small...maybe even tiny in the case of down breeding to 'teacup' size.

Now, it you get a dog of each breed that is closer in size than the standard do you think they could breed? Of course they could.

The definition of species is "can successfully breed together with fertile offspring." So they're new species of dog compared to each other.

Try cross-breeding a Smart car with a semi-tractor.
08-04-2017, 04:27 PM
(08-04-2017 04:20 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 04:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Let's also keep in mind that dog purebred dog breeds have standards that have been set up by organizations that represent the breed. There can be a fair amount of deviation and some breeds or lines are bred to be on the bigger side and some on the smaller side.

The definition of species is "can successfully breed together with fertile offspring." So they're new species of dog compared to each other.

Great argument. I hadn't heard about cross-breeding vehicles. Or is that where crossovers came from. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2017, 04:41 PM
(08-04-2017 04:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 04:20 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The definition of species is "can successfully breed together with fertile offspring." So they're new species of dog compared to each other.

Great argument. I hadn't heard about cross-breeding vehicles. Or is that where crossovers came from. Consider

It's an analogy.
08-04-2017, 04:45 PM
(08-04-2017 04:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 04:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Great argument. I hadn't heard about cross-breeding vehicles. Or is that where crossovers came from. Consider

It's an analogy.

It was sarcasm.

08-04-2017, 05:03 PM
(08-04-2017 04:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 04:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It's an analogy.

It was sarcasm.

Deadpan posts get deadpan replies. Thumbsup
08-04-2017, 06:04 PM
(08-04-2017 12:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  And in honour if the banana man...

"God's" banana:

[Image: banana.png]

"Humanity's" banana:

[Image: Banana.jpg?w=630&h=456&z...p;amp;q=89]

One of the best facepalm moments ever.
08-04-2017, 06:43 PM
that it used evolution.
08-04-2017, 08:19 PM
All the designers we know of are products of nature.
Nature produces designers.
Designers use the raw materials found within nature to make specific shapes and configurations that the designer desires.

These can be functional tools, artistic creations or any number of items that the designer cannot find within nature. Sometimes a designer may try to copy what it finds in nature. Making diamonds, etc

If an alien species arrived on Earth and saw a table I made and designed, what could they assume about its designer ?

How tall am I ?
What is my body shape ?
Do I have arms, tentacles ?
Am I part machine ? Bionic man ?
Am I an Android ?
Am I a god ?

Am I friendly or war like ?
Do I even exist anymore ?
(Maybe they land at some distant point in the future)

Probably the only thing they could determine is that the universe and the planet are by far much older than I am.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results