What Is Preventing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2017, 05:48 PM
RE: What Is Preventing
I don't get this idea it would be so easier with Pence over Trump. . . Does Pence somehow bridge a Gap of tea party republicans and some moderates ones who are haulting GOP congress? I don't see the benefit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2017, 06:05 PM
I think the only benefit is for any of the citizens who feel that Trump is unfit and should not be president because he is not a politician. Pence was an elected official...a member of the political class, who in some minds are the only ones fit to lead a country.

Trump's not being a politician and not be of the Political Establishment of either party, which runs DC no matter what flavor the president, is enough to disqualify him in the minds of both Republicans and Democrats who don't want to lose their reins of power to an outsider.

I am liking the outsider bit and willing to give Trump more of a chance than I was when I voted against him twice.

Since I did not like Obama or his agenda and I didn't want it continued with Clinton, it is worth taking that chance, in my opinion. Scary... but not as scary as Obama to me.

Anything that is done or not done anymore is kind of scary. Which is why I prep. Being prepared takes away a great deal of the scariness. But that is just me. Everybody deals with "stuff" different and has different opinions.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
24-08-2017, 06:19 PM
(24-08-2017 04:46 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  There are a great many of us who do not see Trump as unfit...or not as unfit as other contenders that have come along over the past few decades. Trump is Trump and that is rather refreshing.

The Republican Establishment, should they want to keep their cushy jobs, might do well to support the president that was elected. Do you think voters are not taking notes and writing down names?

There is nothing impeachable here. The base? The base is strong and those of us who might have been very skeptical and at best, cautiously optimistic...well, we sort of like what Trump has been saying and doing. That means that the base has grown. Don't be fooled by the media's attempts to make it seem different.

Just letting you know that there are people who do not agree with you. Most aren't about to say it in public or online because they have their intelligence questioned and are called all sorts of names. Why engage those who shout you down and belittle your opinions? So...Trump has plenty of support. Maybe not on all of his agenda, but on a great deal of it. That is what he ran on and that is what he won on.

I am not looking for an argument or debate...just letting you know my opinion.

-Jeanne

Ok....I have to ask.

1) What about him has been "refreshing"?

2) What do you like that he's been "doing and saying"?
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
24-08-2017, 06:40 PM
(24-08-2017 06:05 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  I think the only benefit is for any of the citizens who feel that Trump is unfit and should not be president because he is not a politician. Pence was an elected official...a member of the political class, who in some minds are the only ones fit to lead a country.

Trump's not being a politician and not be of the Political Establishment of either party, which runs DC no matter what flavor the president, is enough to disqualify him in the minds of both Republicans and Democrats who don't want to lose their reins of power to an outsider.

I am liking the outsider bit and willing to give Trump more of a chance than I was when I voted against him twice.

Since I did not like Obama or his agenda and I didn't want it continued with Clinton, it is worth taking that chance, in my opinion. Scary... but not as scary as Obama to me.

Anything that is done or not done anymore is kind of scary. Which is why I prep. Being prepared takes away a great deal of the scariness. But that is just me. Everybody deals with "stuff" different and has different opinions.

-Jeanne

And what do you think of the climate issue? And are you an atheist, and if so, why would you like Pence?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-08-2017, 06:41 PM
(24-08-2017 05:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't get this idea it would be so easier with Pence over Trump. . . Does Pence somehow bridge a Gap of tea party republicans and some moderates ones who are haulting GOP congress? I don't see the benefit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There is no benefit except to the very religious.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-08-2017, 06:55 PM
(24-08-2017 06:19 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 04:46 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  There are a great many of us who do not see Trump as unfit...or not as unfit as other contenders that have come along over the past few decades. Trump is Trump and that is rather refreshing.

The Republican Establishment, should they want to keep their cushy jobs, might do well to support the president that was elected. Do you think voters are not taking notes and writing down names?

There is nothing impeachable here. The base? The base is strong and those of us who might have been very skeptical and at best, cautiously optimistic...well, we sort of like what Trump has been saying and doing. That means that the base has grown. Don't be fooled by the media's attempts to make it seem different.

Just letting you know that there are people who do not agree with you. Most aren't about to say it in public or online because they have their intelligence questioned and are called all sorts of names. Why engage those who shout you down and belittle your opinions? So...Trump has plenty of support. Maybe not on all of his agenda, but on a great deal of it. That is what he ran on and that is what he won on.

I am not looking for an argument or debate...just letting you know my opinion.

-Jeanne

Ok....I have to ask.

1) What about him has been "refreshing"?

2) What do you like that he's been "doing and saying"?

1) His difference from the insiders. His not toeing the line. His responding to the concerns of those who consider themselves forgotten by their elected officials.

2) What he has been doing and saying. How is that not clear?

24-08-2017, 06:57 PM
(24-08-2017 06:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  2) What he has been doing and saying. How is that not clear?

Because I don't think we saw and heard the same things...

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
24-08-2017, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 10:56 AM by DLJ.)
Quote:And what do you think of the climate issue? And are you an atheist, and if so, why would you like Pence?

What climate issue? You mean the Paris Accords? Those rules and regulations that the US will have to follow, but most won't and that will make a difference of 0.3 degrees by 2050 if every single nation follows them to the letter? Or do you mean the fact that the climate is changing and I don't think humans have had much to do with it or can do anything much about it? Or do you mean what do I think about having to knock nations back to third world status and keep others there so the agenda to destroy humanity will be possible?

You know I am an atheist. Do you only vote for atheists? I like Pence well enough for all I know about him. Why is whether I like Pence a question for me? I didn't think he was a good candidate when the RNC was considering him for 2014... or was it 2008?

I answered a question about Pence. I did not say I wanted him for my President. He is the VP and first in line to replace the prez, whether I like him or not.

24-08-2017, 07:08 PM
(24-08-2017 06:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 06:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  2) What he has been doing and saying. How is that not clear?

Because I don't think we saw and heard the same things...

If you liked what Obama did and said, then no, we are not seeing and hearing the same things.

Isn't it amazing that people can live in the same country in the same time period and react in different ways to current events and political agendas?

[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
24-08-2017, 07:19 PM
(24-08-2017 06:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  1) His difference from the insiders. His not toeing the line. His responding to the concerns of those who consider themselves forgotten by their elected officials.

2) What he has been doing and saying. How is that not clear?

Because it's not clear at all. Specifically, what have you liked that he has said and specifically what has he done that you've liked?
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post