What Is Preventing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2017, 07:27 PM
RE: What Is Preventing
What is this, Jeanne must provide answers to everyone about her posts and opinions? Smile

Not playing this game anymore tonight. As I replied to Dom, if you liked what you heard and saw from Obama, then we are not hearing and seeing the same thing. Is okay, we don't have to.

If you listen to the man and are aware of what he has done as President, then you know what I mean. I have never agreed completely with anyone and this man is no different. I may not care for him as a potential mate or dance partner, but so far I am doing okay with his Presidency. Okay...not fantastic, because that would make him like a loving father deity-savior, right?

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2017, 08:00 PM
(24-08-2017 07:27 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  What is this, Jeanne must provide answers to everyone about her posts and opinions? Smile

Not playing this game anymore tonight. As I replied to Dom, if you liked what you heard and saw from Obama, then we are not hearing and seeing the same thing. Is okay, we don't have to.

If you listen to the man and are aware of what he has done as President, then you know what I mean. I have never agreed completely with anyone and this man is no different. I may not care for him as a potential mate or dance partner, but so far I am doing okay with his Presidency. Okay...not fantastic, because that would make him like a loving father deity-savior, right?

Well, you did enter the conversation, so we converse. I am also curious because you come across as an intelligent, educated person and you are the first Trump proponent I have met, here and in real life, who is not just trumpeting slogans. So, yes, I am curious as to why you think the way you do. It is difficult to find people with whom to have such a conversation in a respectful manner.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-08-2017, 08:03 PM
(24-08-2017 07:27 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  What is this, Jeanne must provide answers to everyone about her posts and opinions? Smile

The only one "playing a game" is you; you are the one who said those things and then apparently don't want to answer the question.

I mean seems like a pretty simple request, but you danced around it like a politician.
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
24-08-2017, 08:38 PM
They want to see how Mueller's investigation plays out. That will give them a lot of political cover with the asshole Trump base.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
24-08-2017, 10:44 PM
(24-08-2017 05:14 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  It appears to me that currently what we are moving towards is mob rule. Not democracy or a republic. But mob rule based upon identity politics.

Gee I wonder who keeps stoking such tensions...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-08-2017, 07:43 AM
(24-08-2017 06:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 05:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't get this idea it would be so easier with Pence over Trump. . . Does Pence somehow bridge a Gap of tea party republicans and some moderates ones who are haulting GOP congress? I don't see the benefit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There is no benefit except to the very religious.

There is one other benefit -- to those who are not thrilled at the prospect of nuclear war. Pence would have enough sense to avoid that. Not so sure about Trump.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
25-08-2017, 10:30 AM
(25-08-2017 07:43 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 06:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  There is no benefit except to the very religious.

There is one other benefit -- to those who are not thrilled at the prospect of nuclear war. Pence would have enough sense to avoid that. Not so sure about Trump.
Well there is a bunch of those religious conservative gop folks hoping for the end of times

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-08-2017, 11:03 AM
(25-08-2017 10:30 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 07:43 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  There is one other benefit -- to those who are not thrilled at the prospect of nuclear war. Pence would have enough sense to avoid that. Not so sure about Trump.
Well there is a bunch of those religious conservative gop folks hoping for the end of times

Yeah, there is that, but I don't think Pence is one of those. He's a theocrat, but a sane theocrat -- as far as we know. I would feel safer with him as President than with Trump.
25-08-2017, 11:06 AM
There is a story out (call it leak) that Trump has already privately communicated that if the Mueller investigation gets the goods on him or his family that he will resign in exchange for full pardons. There are reasons why he really really didn't want them digging into his finances. I mean the stuff we know already is off the hook. And I get the feeling it's the tip of the iceberg. Like an onion. The more layers you peel of the more it stinks.
The 285 million dollar loan to Jared Kushner (which he didn't report) from deutsche bank. Deutsche bank is under investigation for being involved in Russian money laundering.
And this deal that was the impetus for the loan involves Lev Leviev. He is one of the world’s wealthiest men, known as the “King of Diamonds”

Quote:The deal that led to the Deutsche Bank loan is rooted in a holiday party held in late 2014 at the Bowlmor bowling alley, which is located in the retail portion.

At the party, Kushner decided that the four retail floors of the building, while rundown, could be transformed into a thriving tourist destination, according to his associates.

The building passed through several owners after the newspaper sold the property for $175 million in 2004 to Tishman Speyer. Tishman sold it three years later for $525 million to a company called Africa-Israel Investments. (Those transactions prompted Trump a few months ago to poke fun at the Times, tweeting that the “dopes” at the newspaper “gave it away.”)

Africa-Israel’s decision to purchase the building was made by its chairman, an Uzbek-born Israeli citizen, Lev Leviev. He is one of the world’s wealthiest men, known as the “King of Diamonds” for his extensive holdings in Africa, Israel and Russia. He was then expanding his real estate holdings in New York City.

Leviev told the New York Times shortly after the building’s purchase that he was a “true friend” of Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, largely through his work with an influential Jewish organization in the former Soviet Union. The newspaper wrote that he kept a photo of Putin in his office in Israel. Leviev’s company said in a statement to The Post that Leviev “does not have a personal relationship” with Putin but has met him “on a few occasions.” Leviev’s statement said he was referring to his belief that “Mr. Putin has been a ‘true friend’ to the Jewish people in Russia.”

In 2008, a year after the building’s purchase, Leviev invited Trump to his Madison Avenue store, an ultra-high-end establishment called Leviev Jewelry, where they were photographed together, according to the Leviev statement. Leviev hoped to work with Trump on Moscow real estate deals, according to an article in Kommersant, a Russian newspaper. The Leviev statement said that the two “never had any business dealings with one another, contrary to speculation.”

Six years later, Kushner saw an opportunity for his own company.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
25-08-2017, 11:16 AM
(24-08-2017 06:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 06:19 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  ...
[Regarding Trump]
2) What do you like that he's been "doing and saying"?
2) What he has been doing and saying. How is that not clear?

I too would like to hear more about this.

All I see and hear is a snake-oil salesman saying what he needs to say (and contradicting himself within the same breath) for his own survival/gain.

Note that I too wanted him to win the election (he won the selection Laughat ) because I considered that a continuation of Reagan/Thatcher plutocratic Neo-Liberalism (which is neither new nor liberal), promised by Clinton, to be worse than the risk of tyranny and the potential collapse of American Imperialism promised by Trump/Bannon.

So if you are liking his inclination to make peace with Russia, I'm with you; if you are in favour of his pre-election hints of a Nationalised Health Service, bravo; there's probably a third thing but I'll have to come back to it - blanking for now.

I'm genuinely curious.

Thumbsup