What Is Preventing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: What Is Preventing
(25-08-2017 05:54 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 05:44 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Barrack Obama, who set race relations back decades.
I must have completely missed this. Please explain. I really dont understand.

This is a legitimate question, but you have been on TTA a long time and you know how to research something like this.

I once asked a legitimate question of a long time member on this and AF and was rudely told that the member was not here to educate me and that if I was too stupid to find out for myself then I did not deserve any of the time that it would take to answer the question.

This is not my stance toward your question, but I do decline to offer any explanation.

Again, currently my time online is short.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2017, 06:11 PM
(25-08-2017 05:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Clinton was supposed to win and that would have been Obama's third and fourth term...don't you think?
Blink Gasp
There is a difference between having a third and forth term, which is not possible accordin gto law, and being advisor and whatever you call it.
You entered the discussion with "Obama wanted a third term", and now you seem to move the goalpost to to this. Do you understand that people may think that this is not very reasonable?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
25-08-2017, 06:21 PM
The Civil Rights Era was not Identity Politics.

I am sorry for entering a political discussion. I had promised myself that I would not do so anymore. It is too time consuming for me and I don't want to spend so much time defending my understanding of current events or of history.

I don't have all the answers, but I have enough knowledge to come to my own conclusions. It is probably much the same with some here who disagree with me.

Trump is not the answer to everything that troubles America or the world, but I remain cautiously optimistic in both him and those who support an agenda that is not far off the path that I think we should be on. It was not the path that the Obama administration placed us upon, and for me, that pause is important.

25-08-2017, 06:24 PM
(25-08-2017 06:11 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 05:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Clinton was supposed to win and that would have been Obama's third and fourth term...don't you think?
Blink Gasp
There is a difference between having a third and forth term, which is not possible accordin gto law, and being advisor and whatever you call it.
You entered the discussion with "Obama wanted a third term", and now you seem to move the goalpost to to this. Do you understand that people may think that this is not very reasonable?

Read my post again.

25-08-2017, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 06:35 PM by Deesse23.)
(25-08-2017 06:07 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 05:54 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I must have completely missed this. Please explain. I really dont understand.

This is a legitimate question, but you have been on TTA a long time and you know how to research something like this.

I once asked a legitimate question of a long time member on this and AF and was rudely told that the member was not here to educate me and that if I was too stupid to find out for myself then I did not deserve any of the time that it would take to answer the question.

This is not my stance toward your question, but I do decline to offer any explanation.

Again, currently my time online is short.

I am recapping:
You are making a claim
I am asking you to explain
You reply by telling me i can research it myself (which i am not going to do, because i wanted to know your reasoning)
You maybe have missed that i am not american, so i probably dont know the details of how its society evolved in the past few years, and how its citizens feel about this. I wasn tinterested to look up Obama and race relations myself, i wanted to know what you think and why, dont you understand?

This is the second time in a row where you are making blunt statements and then refuse to follow up when asked. I think neither Thump nor i ever gave you good reasons to think that we are going to attack you without any good reason, did we?
Regarding your story with this "other" long time TTA member. Firstoff i am only here for a year and dont consider myself being a long time member. Second (to go with Saladin in "Kingdom of heavens"): "i.am.not.this.member", and i kinda feel a little bit offended that you are insinuating that i may just as rude to you. furthermore it may have escaped you until now, but you did to me exactly what you are accusing the other member of having done to you: "Deesse, i am not here to educate you and that if you are too stupid to find out for yourself then you do not deserve any of the time that it would take to answer the question". Isnt that basically what you just told me? Guess what: i am starting to feel offended, just like you did.

All i am asking is to elaborate on your statements. All i am interested in is your resoning, because, like Dom said , you seem to be the first Trump supporter who ist foaming at his/her mouth.
However while you are not talking batshit crazy stuff defying reality regarding Trumps presidency i have the strange feeling that you arent willing to defend or even explain your position at all, that you are here to merely make statements. Please understand that this is maybe not acceptable/sufficient to other people.

[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
25-08-2017, 06:28 PM
(25-08-2017 01:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 07:27 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  What is this, Jeanne must provide answers to everyone about her posts and opinions? Smile

Not playing this game anymore tonight. As I replied to Dom, if you liked what you heard and saw from Obama, then we are not hearing and seeing the same thing. Is okay, we don't have to.

If you listen to the man and are aware of what he has done as President, then you know what I mean. I have never agreed completely with anyone and this man is no different. I may not care for him as a potential mate or dance partner, but so far I am doing okay with his Presidency. Okay...not fantastic, because that would make him like a loving father deity-savior, right?

You offered up your opinion. If you cannot or will not stand up for them and explain why you feel what you feel, then why should anyone care what those opinions are?

What does Trump say that you like? What does he do that you like?

Be specific. Absent that, I've got no reason to see you as anything other than a spoon-fed drone.

You are welcomed to see me as anything that you wish. And I am allowed to see any who disagree with me as anything that I wish.

Maybe you don't realize that there are talking points on both sides and that each side shakes their collective head at the other for regurgitating them...or maybe you do and you just want to call me names.

25-08-2017, 06:28 PM
(25-08-2017 06:24 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 06:11 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Blink Gasp

Read my post again.

Quote:I don't think my thinking he would have liked to have a third term and probably was seeking a way to do it was paranoid.

25-08-2017, 06:31 PM
(25-08-2017 06:21 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  The Civil Rights Era was not Identity Politics.

I am sorry for entering a political discussion. I had promised myself that I would not do so anymore. It is too time consuming for me and I don't want to spend so much time defending my understanding of current events or of history.

Hey I totally understand. This is supposed to be somewhere to go for fun, if it ever becomes a chore, heck, forget it. The WWilson and Johnson comments were interesting, I'm wondering where that goes.

25-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Deese, I am sorry if you felt offended.

25-08-2017, 06:35 PM
(25-08-2017 06:32 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Deese, I am sorry if you felt offended.
No biggie, but i would have prefered to get to know your reasoning and perspective on those things.
I respect however your wish not to do so.