What Is "Proof"? (Nihilists Welcome)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2013, 04:20 AM
RE: What Is "Proof"? (Nihilists Welcome)
(23-07-2013 04:10 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:00 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  evidence

and unbiased exists. Science is a nice example of unbiased testing (and please dont ruin my ideology lol)

im trying to stay with you man,but if there is one thing i am bad at,then it must be philosophy(and getting laid)

If that is your definition of "evidence", what is your definition of "proof"?

For most of the English speaking world...my shoes being wet is evidence that I walked in wet grass with my shoes on. I could have just as easily run my shoes under the faucet in my kitchen sink, but it is evidence of the former nonetheless. It could also be looked at from the other angle and one could say that my wet shoes is evidence for the latter, but in reality my wet shoes are evidence of either, or both.
well,if you would test it,the water paterns wouldnt be the same when walking or when just making it wet with the faucet,but that is not your point.

Quote:Take a course on sociology. Humans, the lot of us, are biased.

but are they biased when they are doing a scientific study? Heck,is it posible to do that with a whole team there?

Quote:There is no way to know with certainty (which is what this thread is all about, so fuck all) that testing parameters, data collection, and so on haven't been a victim of biases, whether conscientiously or unconsciously.
you have a point there...

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Proof? I don't need no steenkin' proof.

I'm a pragmatist - all I need is evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Like all tough questions, it is best answered by a politician.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
24-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Do understand proof, don't we first need to establish what truth is and the extent to which truth can be known?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
24-07-2013, 10:23 AM
exactly, which prove my point being right

proofs are for lies powers and forces wills

never about anything real not even meaning reality of things

that is how even sciences use the term of proof for an experiment they fix the end to expect from, so it is always according to scientific requests n wills
24-07-2013, 10:34 AM
(24-07-2013 10:23 AM)absols Wrote:  exactly, which prove my point being right

that is how even sciences use the term of proof for an experiment they fix the end to expect from, so it is always according to scientific requests n wills

ON NE PEUT PAS TE COMPRENDRE, absols.

Ce n'est pas un discussione quand tu arrive, c'est une farce.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
24-07-2013, 12:56 PM
(24-07-2013 07:40 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  [T]o understand proof, don't we first need to establish what truth is and the extent to which truth can be known?

Perhaps we have to understand them together. One isn't necessarily predicated on the other, but we cannot have knowledge of truth without proof.

24-07-2013, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 01:08 PM by absols.)
(24-07-2013 10:34 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-07-2013 10:23 AM)absols Wrote:  exactly, which prove my point being right

ON NE PEUT PAS TE COMPRENDRE, absols.

Ce n'est pas un discussione quand tu arrive, c'est une farce.

this is the point, there is nothing to understand when that is what you keep being after while you get nothing

u r retarded insisting freaks to get any lie powers, bc u dont mean but urselves positive being so you prefer when everything is a lie

like in truth there cant b proofs, bc what is true is beyond being the present the only objective fact, there cant b else existing that could b a proof

that what confirms freedom as the only else, so selves objective realisations while of course selves freedom are nothing objectively while all only them presence
24-07-2013, 02:45 PM
(23-07-2013 04:20 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(23-07-2013 04:10 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If that is your definition of "evidence", what is your definition of "proof"?

For most of the English speaking world...my shoes being wet is evidence that I walked in wet grass with my shoes on. I could have just as easily run my shoes under the faucet in my kitchen sink, but it is evidence of the former nonetheless. It could also be looked at from the other angle and one could say that my wet shoes is evidence for the latter, but in reality my wet shoes are evidence of either, or both.
well,if you would test it,the water paterns wouldnt be the same when walking or when just making it wet with the faucet,but that is not your point.

Quote:Take a course on sociology. Humans, the lot of us, are biased.

but are they biased when they are doing a scientific study? Heck,is it posible to do that with a whole team there?

Quote:There is no way to know with certainty (which is what this thread is all about, so fuck all) that testing parameters, data collection, and so on haven't been a victim of biases, whether conscientiously or unconsciously.
you have a point there...

Peer review and independent experiment are among the methods used to guard against or remove bias.

24-07-2013, 03:08 PM
(23-07-2013 03:30 AM)absols Wrote:  proof is a way to reject what others want for own wills

literally, p roof, is per the roof, so the truth that none can show

which is why proofs are created for powers and force life

prove that u can do it, prove that it is urs ....

so meaning the wrong end in taking advantage from lonely start

"literally, p roof, is per the roof, so the truth that none can show "

Is that humor? Huh

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post