What Is Truth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: What Is Truth?
(27-12-2013 11:10 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 03:13 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  First of all, what the fuck are you talking about?

Secondly, I'm convinced it's a non-sequitur regardless.

I'm telling you man! we have to get off this planet...

to the space between the galaxies where there are no stars, to the intergalactic medium.

Gravity is the reason why we age, our cells are directly tied to the 1G of gravitational force on this planet.

Everything is gravity, and astrophysicist suspect a black hole at the center of most every galaxy.

Escape is the only logical recourse... we must get back to the Nexus.

[Image: Soran_enters_the_Nexus.jpg]

Yep, totally called it.

And this is related to my response...how exactly. Consider

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2013, 11:22 PM
(27-12-2013 11:10 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 03:13 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  First of all, what the fuck are you talking about?

Secondly, I'm convinced it's a non-sequitur regardless.

I'm telling you man! we have to get off this planet...

to the space between the galaxies where there are no stars, to the intergalactic medium.

Gravity is the reason why we age, our cells are directly tied to the 1G of gravitational force on this planet.

Everything is gravity, even time... and astrophysicist suspect a black hole at the center of most every galaxy.

Escape is the only logical recourse... we must get back to the Nexus.

[Image: Soran_enters_the_Nexus.jpg]

It's also quite obvious you don't believe the shit you spurted out right here. The tone is one of a manufactured response with a specific agenda...trolling perhaps? Hm, yes, I wonder. Consider

27-12-2013, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 12:19 AM by λάθε βιώσας.)
we are all DOOMED!

do not love the world, or the things that are in the world...

instead, love one another.

[Image: we-re-all-doomed-doooooomed-i-tell-you.png]

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
28-12-2013, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 12:35 AM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(27-12-2013 11:22 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  trolling perhaps? Hm, yes, I wonder. Consider

I think I mentioned that I do not believe in trolls?

it's too imaginary and not based in reality... it's delusional to believe such things.

that's Lord of the Rings kind of stuff, but you believing in trolls doesn't necessarily offend me... just as long as it remains lawful.

~~~

"A troll is a supernatural being"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll

Drinking Beverage

Hands Of Dust
28-12-2013, 09:30 AM
(28-12-2013 12:15 AM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 11:22 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  trolling perhaps? Hm, yes, I wonder. :consider:

I think I mentioned that I do not believe in trolls?

it's too imaginary and not based in reality... it's delusional to believe such things.

that's Lord of the Rings kind of stuff, but you believing in trolls doesn't necessarily offend me... just as long as it remains lawful.

~~~

"A troll is a supernatural being"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll

:coffee:

Well you burned out quick.

I'll add you to my substandard troll list and ignore you from here on out.

Maybe if you had managed to stay on topic I would have bothered to still take your bait.

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-12-2013, 12:41 PM
(28-12-2013 09:30 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well you burned out quick.

Maybe if you had managed to stay on topic I would have bothered to still take your bait.

oh well, we can't win everytime...

the truth is "we're all doomed"

topics sway sometimes, this isn't a math test question topic either.

I dare anyone to start a topic (does 1+1=2) and see if it strays away from "yes"

Hands Of Dust
28-12-2013, 12:46 PM
(28-12-2013 12:41 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 09:30 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Well you burned out quick.

oh well, we can't win everytime...

the truth is "we're all doomed"

topics sway sometimes, this isn't a math test question topic either.

I dare anyone to start a topic (does 1+1=2) and see if it strays away from "yes"

Why do you speak of "Doomed"? Why? Is this how you spend your time? Worried or talking about being Doomed? Must be a pretty sad existence. Who the heck wants to spend their time for everything ""doomed""? How gross, pathetic and sad.

Life is as much a state of mind as it is a state of being. You can see your world as great or you can see your world as doooomed.

LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
28-12-2013, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 02:26 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
Truth is -- "absolute"

let's get back on topic shall we?

thanks to science we now know without a doubt, the "Truth"

Truth is --

[Image: 4845.jpg]

...cause we're doomed!

all galaxies are doomed to the abyss of the black hole and all suns are doomed to exhaust their fuel...

solution = intergalactic space

...into the Void!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zWDa9NT88E

Hands Of Dust
28-12-2013, 02:29 PM
(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  We can only act with certainty on objective data.
Where does certainty come from?

(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  My comment was in denial of the majority determining what the truth is.
I can't figure out what your comment means.
I meant the majority of knowledge and reality, which we haven't discovered or understood yet. Not a majority of people.

(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, not everyone but neurologists. People often use the computer as a metaphor for the mind. Metaphor.
Well, then it's a bad metaphor. For some thoughts the brain works like a computer, we can read them and write easily, but more advanced thinking knows no boundary between software and hardware. Some kinds of thinking have specialized centers. When contemplating some ideas we literally change the structure of the brain. People who did not change their structure are unable to think or act a certain way. It's not just a matter of turning bits up or down, it's re-wiring.

(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Precisely what experience do I lack?
An extraordinary experience that defies all explanations within your conception of reality, yet is as real as anything you consider real. I think such an experience would do you much good.
28-12-2013, 02:52 PM
(28-12-2013 02:29 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  We can only act with certainty on objective data.
Where does certainty come from?

(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  My comment was in denial of the majority determining what the truth is.
I can't figure out what your comment means.
I meant the majority of knowledge and reality, which we haven't discovered or understood yet. Not a majority of people.

(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, not everyone but neurologists. People often use the computer as a metaphor for the mind. Metaphor.
Well, then it's a bad metaphor. For some thoughts the brain works like a computer, we can read them and write easily, but more advanced thinking knows no boundary between software and hardware. Some kinds of thinking have specialized centers. When contemplating some ideas we literally change the structure of the brain. People who did not change their structure are unable to think or act a certain way. It's not just a matter of turning bits up or down, it's re-wiring.

(27-12-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Precisely what experience do I lack?
An extraordinary experience that defies all explanations within your conception of reality, yet is as real as anything you consider real. I think such an experience would do you much good.

I have had extraordinary experiences. I either have a naturalistic explanation or I don't.

"I don't know" is the null hypothesis. Not god did it, not subtle matter, not this week's woo-woo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post