What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 05:31 PM
What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
This thread will have to be primarily for those in the US - as most countries gun laws are so strict as to prevent the "average Joe" from gun ownership.

What is your opinion of gun ownership?

I am a gun owner. I grew up around guns, and have always considered them to be something that every person should have at least a basic working understanding of. I like guns as an investment. If properly purchased - you never lose money on one. I like to shoot, build guns, and provide meat for my table every year by taking at least a couple of whitetail deer. (I'll take roadkill as well. I'm not squeamish).

I have a concealed carry permit - and have carried a gun daily since 2001 - without an incident. I've held classes at my house, for people wanting their concealed carry license (mandatory in this state). Everyone in my immediate family (except my niece - she just came of age) has a carry permit as well. None of us have ever had a mishap with a firearm.

I marvel at those people who think "guns are evil". I simply don't understand how someone can be so anthropomorphic as to assign "evil" to a chunk of steel.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-01-2015, 05:37 PM
RE: What Is Your Opinion Of Gunowners?
I don't think guns are evil but it seems they cause more accidents then good.
[+] 5 users Like thecontemplator's post
26-01-2015, 05:41 PM
There's so many gun threads here Drinking Beverage Too many threads , That's my opinion.

I think they're just as big a group as atheists and to generalize them would be foolish and immature.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 6 users Like ClydeLee's post
26-01-2015, 05:43 PM
You must be overcompensating for some lack. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-01-2015, 05:52 PM
In a utopia world I wouldn't care. But there are simply certain types people don't need, and even without those the sheer number make any laws a game of whack a mole. It's really like putting too many cars on a bridge not designed to handle it.

The reason we have so much gun death from BOTH legal and illegal guns is because we have gun manufacturing companies that do not care about the sheer volume they make or where they end up. And they have a lobby group that acts as their shield and uses them to scare the shit out of the public and police so that fear keeps gun sales up.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-01-2015, 05:54 PM
(26-01-2015 05:37 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I don't think guns are evil but it seems they cause more accidents then good.

In the U.S. about 600 or 700 people die in firearms accidents. Compare that with the number of crimes prevented and lives saved; also compare to other causes of accidental death.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2015, 05:55 PM
my opinion of gun owners?

I'm wonderful.

my opinion of non- owners ranks up there with illegal owners but thats the way it goes. Angel

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
26-01-2015, 05:56 PM
I keep Mossbergs. Biden was right I don't need anything more than a short-barrel pistol grip shotgun for home defense. Of course the pistol grip is now illegal in MD which complicates the situation.

(26-01-2015 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I simply don't understand how someone can be so anthropomorphic as to assign "evil" to an incoherent and incomprehensible chunk of paper.

[Image: quran.gif]

Tongue

#sigh
26-01-2015, 06:01 PM
(26-01-2015 05:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I keep Mossbergs. Biden was right I don't need anything more than a short-barrel pistol grip shotgun for home defense. Of course the pistol grip is now illegal in MD which complicates the situation.

Did you switch to buckshot?

Quote:
(26-01-2015 05:31 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I simply don't understand how someone can be so anthropomorphic as to assign "evil" to an incoherent and incomprehensible chunk of paper.

[Image: quran.gif]

Tongue

What qaliber is that quran?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I understand the argument for responsible gun ownership for the purpose of defending oneself or one's family (in case of a home invasion by an armed intruder, etc.), but that's about it.
[+] 2 users Like Dahlia's post